Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I have been contemplating this basic thought:

Sansa realizes Dany is a threat and is using the Littlefinger playbook of Chaos is a ladder. She is turning Varys, Tyrion and (to a degree)Jon against Dany. I wouldn't surprise me that the twist is she somehow let Cersai know of Dany's travels in order to start to get Dany out of the way; knowing that Dany's tendencies are to burn it all down which makes her the Mad Queen to the people of Westeros and cause her most devout followers to abandon her cause and look towards another - which could be interesting to see is if she is doing this for Jon or for herself ultimately. 

Varys explicitly said he was turning on her.  If this theory is correct, it would make sense it was him dropping the hint.    

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Brienne and Jamie yet.

Or that little hottie that was all over Tormund. (Was she really Arya wearing a face?)

?

Lol. Would ya?

not me. 

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

The additional dragon angle was not on my radar at all. Interesting thought and observation from the opening.

No way Dany goes full villain. Would be an incredibly stupid ending IMO

I’m still predicting Jon’s death having a sobering effect on her. Dany will give Sansa the north.

Azor Ahai spoiler that hints at my comments prior 

The 4th dragon theory, which gained steam at the beginning of season eight due to the change in the opening credits of the show, says that the Azor Ahai prophecy refers to "waking dragons out of stone." Perhaps Dany or Jon found a fourth dragon egg that was awoken out of stone?

58 minutes ago, stony said:

Varys explicitly said he was turning on her.  If this theory is correct, it would make sense it was him dropping the hint.    

It's hard to make a guess as to where this entire thing is going (with 2 episodes left and very shaky writing imo). Seeing they are playing this angle and with what you bring up, Sansa really seems to be playing the Littlefinger card, she knew exactly what was going to happen when she told Tyrion. Arya certainly plays into this as well - they all talk about protecting the family - how much have her and Sansa talked about this; they also certainly left honest and naive Jon in the dark as well. A GOT twist would be Sansa using all of her knowledge and not being that Little Bird now and showing her as a grown up player in this world, just as they did with Arya.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Dany's "turn" also perturbs me a bit, but waiting to see it play out to see.

The rest of the story focuses on establishing she is on a plane with Rheagar, who by all accounts was a fairly righteous dude.  She was getting her eye poked by the sons of the harpy on a daily basis for years, showed all the restraint in the world, and even locked her dragons (children) up.  80% Of her character arc is freeing and trying to defend slaves.

This character, built over 7 seasons is not a character who will willingly torch thousands of innocents.

Im hoping that as an audience, we are being steered one way, and Dany will throw a curveball and fool everyone

Next week, daario nahaaris is going to magically fly in, just in time on another dragon, born by eggs laid by drogon or somebody

And over 7 seasons, the long night and the dead were supposed to be bigger than the throne; we see how that turned out. I don't have faith in the writers to guide this in any other way; the turn has been made.

While she started out on the straight and righteous path, the death of 2 dragons, Jorah dying, Jon's lineage, Missandei the reaction at winterfell with the love for Jon - she is inside her own head and will make poor choices that lead to her demise here. Once she unleashes fire on Knight's Landing, that will be the final straw for Tyrion and he joins Vary's cause. My shocking death for him is that Danny catches wind of this and kills him. I do agree that Daario will come, but I think it may be too late for her at that time. She needs to die...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lol. Would ya?

not me. 

Are you talking about Brienne?

Hmm...

Sure!  I'm always up for an adventure!

?

Edited by Bad Things
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

But my issue is the sudden 'pivot' of Sansa being a naive "I like songs" girl who is abused and constantly getting manipulated, to this tough ruler who wears black suits with hoops and chains ornamenting them was kind of hasty and convenient.  I don't mind her if she ends up as lord of winterfell/warden of the north because she is the Stark with the best claim (considering Bran recognizes he isnt in fact Bran).

To see her end up at the very top of the heap as ruler of Westeros at the end would be lame (IMO)

There's nothing sudden about it.  She witnessed her father beheaded for being naive.  Her oldest brother died because he was blinded by "love" and betrayed for it.  She witnessed how the "game" was played by Cersei and Littlefinger.  Plus, she had to suffer under Joffrey and Ramsey for other's political purposes.

I don't think Sansa wants to take the throne.  She appears to want Jon on it and Dany out of the picture.  Her telling Tyrion Jon's "secret" made that clear as Varys/Tyrion now believes everybody in Westeros will eventually learn Jon is the rightful heir to the throne.  Combine that with this perception that Dany is like her father (despite little evidence I've seen) and it may be enough for Varys and/or Tyrion to commit treason so Jon gets the Iron Throne.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

And over 7 seasons, the long night and the dead were supposed to be bigger than the throne; we see how that turned out. I don't have faith in the writers to guide this in any other way; the turn has been made.

It’s been fun watching the show, not my usual choice of show but it’s been fun...

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Good, because I hear Brienne is a power top.  Jaime Lannister found out the hard way.  Might want to bring a towel to bite ?

Cersei was better

58 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Maybe there were a few preserved in the dragon glass under dragonstone and the mining for weapons exposed them?

In that brief moment Urine looked not only surprised and shocked.    

IF  my hunch is correct .....   The 4th dragon will be already grown. 

I'll play the uber fantasy card and say its been in hiding (on a pile of gold)  in Old Valyria

Fourteen_Flames.jpg   

3:35 mark  

Everyone assumed that was Drogon that they saw.  Why not a nice misdirection by the writers?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In that brief moment Urine looked not only surprised and shocked.    

IF  my hunch is correct .....   The 4th dragon will be already grown. 

I'll play the uber fantasy card and say its been in hiding (on a pile of gold)  in Old Valyria

Fourteen_Flames.jpg   

3:35 mark  

Everyone assumed that was Drogon that they saw.  Why not a nice misdirection by the writers?  

the writers are too backed into a corner to make up witty red herrings, they are just going to lop off all kinds of intended and accidental possibilities

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

the writers are too backed into a corner to make up witty red herrings, they are just going to lop off all kinds of intended and accidental possibilities

Not backed into a corner but just decided to ignore most of the prophecies/minor story lines to dumb down the show for the masses.  GRRM stated that there was network pressure to keep certain characters around in the show because they tested well that won't be as featured in the books.  Bronn is the best example and why it's a bad idea considering how horrible the Jaime/Bronn Dorne "rescue" mission was.  Tormund is another character I'm guessing they didn't kill off because he was a fan favorite and a source of comic relief.  They've overused him though.  Gendry would be another guess as I doubt Arya ever has sexual relations in the book.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Not backed into a corner but just decided to ignore most of the prophecies/minor story lines to dumb down the show for the masses.  GRRM stated that there was network pressure to keep certain characters around in the show because they tested well that won't be as featured in the books.  Bronn is the best example and why it's a bad idea considering how horrible the Jaime/Bronn Dorne "rescue" mission was.  Tormund is another character I'm guessing they didn't kill off because he was a fan favorite and a source of comic relief.  They've overused him though.  Gendry would be another guess as I doubt Arya ever has sexual relations in the book.

Bronn went from liked to   LET HIM BURN in those 90 seconds 

Why go all the way to Winterfell, prance in with a fancy crossbow, make a threat and leave again for another 1000 mile journey?

Even when (if) Dany wins Tyrion cant make any promises for her.  She doesn't know him from a pile of dragon dung. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lol. Would ya?

not me. 

Azor Ahai spoiler that hints at my comments prior 

Hide contents

The 4th dragon theory, which gained steam at the beginning of season eight due to the change in the opening credits of the show, says that the Azor Ahai prophecy refers to "waking dragons out of stone." Perhaps Dany or Jon found a fourth dragon egg that was awoken out of stone?

Where are there a bunch of stone dragons in King's Landing again?.... 

.... Including the biggest of them all? 

:ph34r: