Tyree Jackson v. Josh Allen

Logan Thomas also had a big frame and a cannon, and he went in the 4th.  The issues with delivery, accuracy, eyes - they take a long time to develop if at all.  

Allen has platform problems, and accuracy issues because of it.  His delivery is actually a strength, and his eyes have developed much more quickly than I thought they would.  If he can clean up the platform then he should be a solid QB.  

I think buffalo also liked Allen's brain a lot - you can't really teach that.

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was thinking about that, actually.

Obviously sometimes a transfer is a risk that can pay dividends.  Russ Wilson transferring from NC State to Wisconsin is the Poster Child for that.

So I thought the transfer might be a good move.

I don't understand the thinking on wanting to come out and be drafted.  If he thinks he'll get more development as a 6th round or UDFA on a pro team, I think he's mistaken.  Those guys get the scraps left over when the big shots are done with the coaches' time.

Yeah - teams walk away from those guys all the time so then you end up bouncing around the league.  If you aren't a particularly hard worker/film guy you're probably going to flame out.

44 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Every team in the league still has at least 20% of their plays under center.  Under center helps with the run game, creates space with PA, and slows pass rush with cadence changes.  

Yeah, that's not much.  The vast majority of plays are form the shotgun. 

On 1/6/2019 at 2:49 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Because Josh Allen was the best player on a bad Wyoming offense.

When Allen threw for 300-yards he was 0-1.  

When Allen threw for 240-yards he was 4-3. 

When Allen threw for less than 200 he was 4-1.  

When Hill ran for 100 they were 7-2.  

When Hill ran  for less-than-100 they were 1-4.  

Tanner Gentry was responsible for over 41% of Allen's passing yards. 

Tanner Gentry was responsible for 50% of Allen's passing TDs that season.  

NEITHER were there in 2017 when his numbers plummeted and when Wyoming's offense PLUMMETED in scoring from 25th to 105th.  

Perhaps the entire narrative on Allen @ Wyoming is flawed.  

Otherwise how do you explain it, particularly given your comment on Allen being the best player with the unchallenged narrative that he had no talent on his team.  Because it's funny how the second that the two biggest producers for Wyoming left, all of a sudden Allen's play struggled mightily, wouldn't you agree?   Do you think that's all coincidence? 

Given that, which you must've looked into prior to posting as if it were fact (right?), do you still think that Allen was "the best player on a bad Wyoming offense?"  

Edited by TaskersGhost

30 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

When Allen threw for 300-yards he was 0-1.  

When Allen threw for 240-yards he was 4-3. 

When Allen threw for less than 200 he was 4-1.  

When Hill ran for 100 they were 7-2.  

When Hill ran  for less-than-100 they were 1-4.  

Tanner Gentry was responsible for over 41% of Allen's passing yards. 

Tanner Gentry was responsible for 50% of Allen's passing TDs that season.  

NEITHER were there in 2017 when his numbers plummeted and when Wyoming's offense PLUMMETED in scoring from 25th to 105th.  

Perhaps the entire narrative on Allen @ Wyoming is flawed.  

Otherwise how do you explain it, particularly given your comment on Allen being the best player with the unchallenged narrative that he had no talent on his team.  Because it's funny how the second that the two biggest producers for Wyoming left, all of a sudden Allen's play struggled mightily, wouldn't you agree?   Do you think that's all coincidence? 

Given that, which you must've looked into prior to posting as if it were fact (right?), do you still think that Allen was "the best player on a bad Wyoming offense?"  

Yes I watched every game and I explicitly am talking about 2017

If you want to talk about the year prior... people were saying Allen was the #1 pick after that season

HE MADE GENTRY, not the other way around...

and its common knowledge that running the ball gives you a better chance at winning... look at Brady’s and Brees record when they have a 100 yard runner 

Hill is good with nice potential but he isn’t Josh Allen good

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Tyree  likely goes day 2 based on potential alone.  Is really a day 3 pick at this point. Another year in a pro style college offense would have helped his development.

Mechanics, presnap reads and pocket movement are real weaknesses. 

Not a chance for day 2, small chance for day 3.  Most likely a UDFA.

Bookmark and time will tell who is right.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gordio said:

He was horrible in the Army too.  Jackson is a perfect example of an athlete playing QB.  As far as skill set, Jackson isn't close to having what Allen brings to the table.  It is laughable that he decided to go into the draft.  Poor decision.

Didn't know Jackson was a vet. Good for him. Don't see him as an NFL quarterback even with that invaluable experience in combat. Sloooooow release. 

17 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Not a chance for day 2, small chance for day 3.  Most likely a UDFA.

Bookmark and time will tell who is right.

I agree with you but see the Paxton Lynch effect here by some NFL talent guru.

Do see him drafted late on a flyer on Day 3.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes I watched every game and I explicitly am talking about 2017

If you want to talk about the year prior... people were saying Allen was the #1 pick after that season

HE MADE GENTRY, not the other way around...

and its common knowledge that running the ball gives you a better chance at winning... look at Brady’s and Brees record when they have a 100 yard runner 

Hill is good with nice potential but he isn’t Josh Allen good

LOL, OK 

Funny how without them he couldn't "make"  anyone else, isn't it.  

Either way, OK, then talk about 2017.  HORRID season.  No one saw much rendering Allen even worth a draft choice much less a 1st-round pick.  QBs that put up 16 TDS with 10 of those going up against teams ranked in the 100's defensively don't ever get on anyone's radar.  New Mexico, Texas St., and Gardner-Webb, an FCS team, he should have been able to "make" someone in those games.  Still, barely over 200 yards w/o clearing 60% against two of the worst defenses in FBS.  I won't evven bother commenting on Gardner-Webb other than to say that they occasionally have a helluva basketball team from time-to-tome.  

Your comments on HIll are silly, a QB doesn't "make" a RB at the collegiate level.  Frankly, Allen hasn't "made it" yet by a longshot in the NFL either the rhetoric aside.  

Brady and Brees don't need a 100-yard runner to win games, that's been more than proven.  Neither team has been blessed with top-notch RBs.  That comment is absurd as well.  

2 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

LOL, OK 

Funny how without them he couldn't "make"  anyone else, isn't it.  

Either way, OK, then talk about 2017.  HORRID season.  No one saw much rendering Allen even worth a draft choice much less a 1st-round pick.  QBs that put up 16 TDS with 10 of those going up against teams ranked in the 100's defensively don't ever get on anyone's radar.  New Mexico, Texas St., and Gardner-Webb, an FCS team, he should have been able to "make" someone in those games.  Still, barely over 200 yards w/o clearing 60% against two of the worst defenses in FBS.  I won't evven bother commenting on Gardner-Webb other than to say that they occasionally have a helluva basketball team from time-to-tome.  

Your comments on HIll are silly, a QB doesn't "make" a RB at the collegiate level.  Frankly, Allen hasn't "made it" yet by a longshot in the NFL either the rhetoric aside.  

Brady and Brees don't need a 100-yard runner to win games, that's been more than proven.  Neither team has been blessed with top-notch RBs.  That comment is absurd as well.  

All you said was they were like 4-1 or 4-0 when Hill ran for 100... well guess what when you have a 100 yard rusher at any level you usually win

you just sound like a Josh Allen hater

YOU are a joke. Even after 2017 there were tons of scouts and personnel who had Allen as a top prospect and top 10 pick

you Just said not warranting a pick at all? You really are smoking crack

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/6/2019 at 3:57 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I think every UB game is on demand in WatchESPN. Watch the Temple and EMU games for awesome Tyree. Watch the Ohio and NIU games for awful Tyree.

He is a mixed bag, but my goodness I absolutely think he needs another year of play in college.

if it isn't at UB fine.  Especially if he thinks it will diminishes his chances, but jeepers, this young man needs more seasoning, and I do not mean on the bench (potentially) in the pros, but in College.

He played really good games and some poor games, but no matter what I was always left thinking he could (or should) be much better...even in the really good games.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

All you said was they were like 4-1 or 4-0 when Hill ran for 100... well guess what when you have a 100 yard rusher at any level you usually win

you just sound like a Josh Allen hater

YOU are a joke. Even after 2017 there were tons of scouts and personnel who had Allen as a top prospect and top 10 pick

you Just said not warranting a pick at all? You really are smoking crack

Boy, lots of good factual information in there for readers to chew on.  LOL  

"YOU are a joke."    I see that you've thrown in the towel.  

Always so much fun to come here and challenge people on the statements that THEY make.  

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

Boy, lots of good factual information in there for readers to chew on.  LOL  

"YOU are a joke."    I see that you've thrown in the towel.  

Always so much fun to come here and challenge people on the statements that THEY make.  

I’m not throwing in any towel. There is no argument to be made?

did you even watch his rookie year? His arm is very good and his legs are electric 

Josh Allen got tanner Gentry a job... without Allen, Gentry is bagging groceries 

who did Watson make in college? Not Mike Williams a dude who came in day 1 ready

Ask Craig Bohl how much Allen meant to Wyoming 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m not throwing in any towel. There is no argument to be made?

did you even watch his rookie year? His arm is very good and his legs are electric 

Josh Allen got tanner Gentry drafted... without Allen, Gentry is bagging groceries 

who did Watson make in college? Not Mike Williams a dude who came in day 1 ready

Ask Craig Bohl how much Allen meant to Wyoming 

Once again, great analysis.  LOL  

Just now, TaskersGhost said:

Once again, great analysis.  LOL  

Idk what kind of analysis you want. I’m not a mathematician 

but I’ve been a coach and scout and player my whole life and Allen passes the eye test

He isn’t as inaccurate as talking heads make him out to be. EVERY QB throws crappy balls throughout a game 

He has inconsistencies which come from sloppy footwork, not an inaccurate arm

he also makes a good amount of big times throws a game and is improving almost weekly 

he He was just named AFC player of the week and your gonna B word about Josh Allen?  And yes he was the best player at Wyoming, ask his coach

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most do at least 40% of the time.

I don’t even think he attempted a pass under center this year... he doesn’t take 3 step drops or 5

No team passed from under center more than 40% other than GB and Atlanta.  on average, teams ran from under center 68% of those snaps and passed from shotgun 77% of the time.

Only 15 teams TOTAL snaps were 40% or more from under center.  Under center, they didn't throw very often.

If the kid can hand off from under center, he'll fit right in.

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Rams are obviously the exception not the rule - but they run like 60 or more percent of plays in 11 personell.  Most teams are closer to 60/40.  It's super important in a 4 minute offense situation

Rams are the extreme outlier with 62% of snaps taken under center.