Tyree Jackson v. Josh Allen

Both played at small school, both are huge, with big arms, and accuracy issues. How then was Josh Allen drafted in the 1st round and Jackson is projected very late with NFL teams having told him to go back to school? I'm just curious why the big discrepancy in future potential and draft position.

2 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Both played at small school, both are huge, with big arms, and accuracy issues. How then was Josh Allen drafted in the 1st round and Jackson is projected very late with NFL teams having told him to go back to school? I'm just curious why the big discrepancy in future potential and draft position.

Because stat sheets and measurements don’t tell the whole story in football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Jackson isnt a QB that is a huge difference.

5 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Because Josh Allen was the best player on a bad Wyoming offense.

Tyree is not the best player on a loaded UB offense

Josh has a super clean release which translates well to the league 

Tyree has a very elongated delivery which NFL DBs will read and react too. 

He also doesn’t play under center much. Allen was in a complete pro style offense 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

27 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Sometimes it’s about more than stats.  Ask any Texas Tech quarterback

Among various reasons I guess one reason for the National attention he got was that he was recruited by the same coach that recruited Carson Wentz going into a draft where Wentz was shitting gold. Also he Allen could throw a football through a brick wall.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because Josh Allen was the best player on a bad Wyoming offense.

Tyree is not the best player on a loaded UB offense

Josh has a super clean release which translates well to the league 

Tyree has a very elongated delivery which NFL DBs will read and react too. 

He also doesn’t play under center much. Allen was in a complete pro style offense 

We have a winner!  I think you can add to that-Allen is 100% committed team player, and Tyree Jackson shows evidence of being a "me guy."

Edited by TigerJ

I've watched every TJ game the last two seasons. His game peak was the first 4  games this season. He was impressive. But he declined after the Army game. First thought is Jackson a product of Johnson when he was out with an injury? Then Johnson returns but TJ is still playing worse.

I'm curious to see Jackson at a different program. Maybe his coaching at UB is poor? But, wow, I wouldn't go near him after what I saw end of season.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Because people watch the games. I watched Jackson every time he is on TV this season. I watched Josh Allen every Wyoming game I could find, pro-day, senior bowl, and combine. These two really are not even comparable. Jackson benefited by having two good receivers. When he was relied upon, he failed. Josh Allen WAS Wyoming. He did everything. If he wasn’t creating offense Wyoming was done. When Allen was injured Wyoming lost to San Jose State (who? Exactly). My personal analysis is Jackson is a semi mobile QB with a good QB frame. He is not a great passer and when he does scramble he has very questionable decision making and ball security. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

No, I have only seen Tyree Jackson once. I'm really only going on similarity in size and from small schools. Wasn't meant as a knock on Allen, I love him. Just was wondering with similar measurements what the difference was.

I think every UB game is on demand in WatchESPN. Watch the Temple and EMU games for awesome Tyree. Watch the Ohio and NIU games for awful Tyree.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

Do you honestly think that’s all there is here?

Jesus Christ!

I only got to watch Jackson\UB twice this year-----they lost both games. Jackson is a physical specimen with a lot of potential----but his ball security & accuracy at times seemed very poor. If he ends up in the right spot & can be coached up, he might make it in the Pros.