Josh throws the ball out of the stadium. Do you think it happens ever?

ILBillsfan

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I actually just found this and it looks possible if you ask me.

65399511.jpg

http://www.convertalot.com/ballistic_trajectory_calculator.html

m/s = 27.7 = 62mph

degrees = 60

Results:

Range: 67m   ~74yards

height: 29.3m   ~96ft

This obviously doesn't account for wind speed and other outside factors.  I also used y0 as 0 which would assume the ball is being throw from the field and not from Allen's hand which you could probably call 1.75m which would be around 5 1/2 feet off the ground.

So at the apex of flight it would be around 38 yards traveled. 

kudos. i could not find something like that and i looked. i found a calculus calculator but couldn't figure out how to get the h= formula into it.

Just now, Foxx said:

kudos. i could not find something like that and i looked. i found a calculus calculator but couldn't figure out how to get the h= formula into it.

I also used googles range calculator http://www.mapdevelopers.com/distance_finder.php and zoomed in on new era to get the approximate range from the ground to behind the top row at the west end.  It looks like its about 154 feet.  So that is around 50 yards it would need to travel above (I'm going to guess 80ft above ground level) to make it out of the stadium or at least on to the part of the building that is there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I also used googles range calculator http://www.mapdevelopers.com/distance_finder.php and zoomed in on new era to get the approximate range from the ground to behind the top row at the west end.  It looks like its about 154 feet.  So that is around 50 yards it would need to travel above (I'm going to guess 80ft above ground level) to make it out of the stadium or at least on to the part of the building that is there.

you the man. i'm guessing he would have to try another part of the stadium as 50 yards may be too much. 60 degree trajectory angle gets him to a height of 29.36561 meters/96.343864829 feet. even if he were to throw it at an 80 degree angle, he only gets it to 38.85673 meters/127.48270997 feet. any way you slice it, it will be hard to do.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you the man. i'm guessing he would have to try another part of the stadium as 50 yards may be too much. 60 degree trajectory angle gets him to a height of 29.36561 meters/96.343864829 feet. even if he were to throw it at an 80 degree angle, he only gets it to 38.85673 meters/127.48270997 feet. any way you slice it, it will be hard to do.

Yea the only thing I can think of is maybe if he did it from the tunnel but then you have the suite area/broadcast booths? that is probably around 90ft instead of 80 but the distance it needs to travel is about 5-6 yards less.

I know there is a way to figure out the height of the object at a specific time of flight but I haven't found that yet.

Edited by The Wiz

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

sure throw it out of the stadium then bonks some unexpected person walking around perimeter. MAJOR LAWSUIT

It will never and should never happen.....  if it does its only asking for a possible regrettable situation

False.

while unnecessary risks are highly unnecessary and not to be encouraged.

You have to throw ball out of stadium 1 time.

Also we could get a warning horn

Which would be awesome

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yea the only thing I can think of is maybe if he did it from the tunnel but then you have the suite area/broadcast booths? that is probably around 90ft instead of 80 but the distance it needs to travel is about 5-6 yards less.

I know there is a way to figure out the height of the object at a specific time of flight but I haven't found that yet.

if you read the Quora link i posted, a few of the responses go into the height at second intervals and i think they give a formula for that equation as well..

Edited by Foxx

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if you read the Quora link i posted, a few of the responses go into the height at second intervals and i think they give a formula for that equation as well..

Yea it's ht = - 16t x vt or something like that. 

I did enough math today to last me a while so I'll just say that it's plausible that he could do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

So he's got to throw the thing 110' up & do so at a considerable distance away?  Don't think it can be done.

110' is the apex of a good punt; he might be able to do that (though I'm skeptical), but I doubt he could achieve that hgt at a significant distance.

I've (obviously) never been down on the field & it's been a number of years since my last time at the stadium, but I'm roughly guessing maybe 50 yds plus?

You do know he can throw farther than 50 yrds, ya?

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Has anyone tried it before and how close did they come to accomplishing it?

Beast says Kelly threw one up into the stands and it went maybe two thirds of the way up the lower bowl.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I seriously doubt he would ever do that as he would at least be fined and possibly suspended.  He does not come across as a dumb kid.  I wouldn’t want him to even try due to a possible injury to a fan.

Suspension and hitting a fan (he did once say he could probably kill somebody throwing the football) are probably why he hasn't tried yet.

Go to 1:59:10 of this video and continue to watch  until the end and it may give some an idea just how impossible the task would be. Kelly throws multiple balls up into the stands but it will give you a bit of an idea.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

59 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

http://buffalobills.io-media.com/web/index.html

From the wall to the end of the stadium, in the endzone, looks to be approximately 55-60 yards.....then, add the height to it.

Impossible.

Something a young man thinks about, then after a few seasons he starts thinking how quick he can get back to the locker room and encase himself in ice

• Haha (+1) 1