Charges dropped in Reuben Foster DV case

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is like the 3rd time she's pressed charges and dropped them. How many times is the same woman going to get hush money from the same guy? This is nuts. And each time she recants and says 'I only did it because I love him and thought he would change'. Absolutely ridiculous.

No, she did not drop the charges. She was ready to testify in this case and was disappointed the DA decided to drop the charges due to lack of evidence, as all the news articles say.

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you understand this same woman was convicted back in 2011 of falsely accusing a different man, right? 

not to mention this same woman served jail time for false allegations back in 2011. she's complete scum.... and he's a complete IDIOT for keeping her around.

Which is completely irrelevant. With your line of reasoning, a woman who had been sexually loose in the past would not make a good witness in a rape trial.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I wonder if he gets an official suspension timeline now or just credit for time served? Guilty, not guilty, charges dropped, or whatever I hope he's smart enough to stay away from the woman he has had these issues with. 

No charges but Ezekiel Elliott was still suspended by the NFL.

Wasn't this the guy that had the girl friend that after filing charges the first time came forth & said she was just filing charges because he broke up with her ?

Then after that it went away for a while then it came back up again for what ever reason .

I'm not saying this guy is innocent in any way shape or form, but whenever this stuff comes about i always think of Bill Burr's comedy skit about Gold Diggin Whores ! Some of these women are actually that evil not saying that this is the case just sayin !! 

Edited by T master

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Fool me once...

What man on this board would continue to date a woman who "falsely" accuses you of domestic violence, potentially ruining your career?

At best, he's a moron of the highest order.

I think you've got the chicken and the egg all scrambled here.

If the known patterns of DV apply here (and they probably do), the reason she recanted and said it was false, is probably BECAUSE he is continuing to date her.

Here, it could be a friend or family member of any of us involved in this cycle someday:

Researchers listened to conversations between 17 accused male abusers in a Washington state detention facility and their female victims, all of whom decided to withdraw accusations of abuse. The couples knew they were being recorded,

In the initial conversations there would often be a heated argument over events leading to the abuse charge, Bonomi said. The victim would be strong and resist the accused perpetrator’s account of what happened.

Then the perpetrator would minimize the abuse until he persuaded the victim he didn’t deserve a felony charge. He would appeal to her sympathy, saying he was depressed and missed her and their children, Bonomi said.

In one case, the accused perpetrator threatened suicide before the victim promised to help him get out of jail.

In the third stage, the couples bond over their love for each other and the perpetrator gets the victim to recant.

I'm not saying the charges are true.  Maybe they're false.   But the victim recanting doesn't prove it.  The experience of prosecutors all across the country suggests that DV victims recanting abuse that actually happened is a common theme - the study above got it all on tape.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the known patterns of DV apply here (and they probably do), the reason she recanted and said it was false, is probably BECAUSE he is continuing to date her.

Here, it could be a friend or family member of any of us involved in this cycle someday:

Researchers listened to conversations between 17 accused male abusers in a Washington state detention facility and their female victims, all of whom decided to withdraw accusations of abuse. The couples knew they were being recorded,

In the initial conversations there would often be a heated argument over events leading to the abuse charge, Bonomi said. The victim would be strong and resist the accused perpetrator’s account of what happened.

Then the perpetrator would minimize the abuse until he persuaded the victim he didn’t deserve a felony charge. He would appeal to her sympathy, saying he was depressed and missed her and their children, Bonomi said.

In one case, the accused perpetrator threatened suicide before the victim promised to help him get out of jail.

In the third stage, the couples bond over their love for each other and the perpetrator gets the victim to recant.

I'm not saying the charges are true.  Maybe they're false.   But the victim recanting doesn't prove it.  The experience of prosecutors all across the country suggests that DV victims recanting abuse that actually happened is a common theme - the study above got it all on tape.

The interesting thing here is that in this particular case, the DA didn’t believe the charges were worth pursuing. Added to that her previous retractions, and you have a clear reason for dismissal. 

So many people are far to quick assume guilt and innocence. Both of the people need to learn the value of a healthy relationship. Maybe that’s the cycle that needs to be broken? I’m going to sound like a broken record, but this is where a young man needs a mentor. Whether it’s a father, or an uncle, or a coach or a teammate; this young man needs to be shown a better way. That THIS is not what good relationships look like. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

DV is very sad since there is not only fear of the individual and future encounters with the individual.  They are usually financially not able to survive on their own and feel the best option is to stay and keep feeding they will change monster in their head (not trying to say they can't change but for most they never do)

In most cases, an abusive person is always going to remain an abusive person.  I always hold out the possibility of persons making a real change, but I have to see a reason for that change before I'll believe it.  I haven't seen anything that suggests he has not been and isn't still a habitually abusive person.  If I'm an NFL GM, I'm staying away from him for the foreseeable future.

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is nuts. And each time she recants and says 'I only did it because I love him and thought he would change'. Absolutely ridiculous.

This happens all over the world every day.  It is not isolated to the NFL.  It isn't ridiculous.  It is sad.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you missed my point.  

I can't envision an innocent man staying with a woman who tried to ruin his career, painting him as a woman beater.  Hence, "At best, he's a moron...(for staying with her)", at worst, the allegations are true and he's a domestic abuser.

44 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I think you missed my point.  

I can't envision an innocent man staying with a woman who tried to ruin his career, painting him as a woman beater.  Hence, "At best, he's a moron...(for staying with her)", at worst, the allegations are true and he's a domestic abuser.

Ah, I see, I did miss that.  I was focused on the "falsely" and the date part, and the research showing there's actually a correlation.

You're quite correct, were he truly an "innocent victim of circumstance" one would expect he'd be outta there and never come back.

The whole "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" bit

• Like (+1) 1

These guys should just stay home, stay single, and swim in their money like Scrooge McDuck. Maybe make love to a microwaved bagel once in a while.

Its seems these issues are so easily avoidable, but some of these dudes just don't know how to avoid them.