Tampa Bay Buccaneers: HC Dirk Koetter fired

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I happen to disagree. At least the appearance of having a little class can be valuable. Are they trying to appease angry fans? Never a good idea. Be professional. Why now? 

No one cares about class, it's a business. Do you think potential coaching candidates are going to turn down an offer to interview or coach because they didnt wait til Monday to officially fire the coach? Chances are this decision was made already before this game and that's why it was done so quickly. It's not like this wasnt expected to happen......

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea I'm not sure what is going on in that post you quoted.

What? I think you're reading too much into all of this. The Tampa Buccaneers don't look any less because of when they announced his firing. No one is not going to take the job or change their perception of the Bucs because of the way they fired Dirk Koetter. 

Talk about reading too much into it....I never made that assertion. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s not the classy way to do it. Again, nothing to be gained. 

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

No one cares about class, it's a business. Do you think potential coaching candidates are going to turn down an offer to interview or coach because they didnt wait til Monday to officially fire the coach? Chances are this decision was made already before this game and that's why it was done so quickly. It's not like this wasnt expected to happen......

His contract is 100% guaranteed. He will be fine. I doubt he actually expected any other outcome than what happened today. 

Certainly the 10 Bucs fans could care less. 

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Just me maybe, but I wouldn’y Do it when it might appear to be in the heat of the moment (though I agree it was on the wall). I’d call a Monday meeting, sit down, debrief, lay it out and take care of business. 

Just now, Best Player Available said:

His contract is 100% guaranteed. He will be fine. I doubt he actually expected any other outcome than what happened today. 

Certainly the 10 Bucs fans could care less. 

I lived in that market for 18 years. Double digits is being generous. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Just me maybe, but I wouldn’y Do it when it might appear to be in the heat of the moment (though I agree it was on the wall). I’d call a Monday meeting, sit down, debrief, lay it out and take care of business. 

This isnt some 'out of the blue' move though that would be looked at as being in the heat of the moment, it's been expected for most of the season. It's not like this is the Vikings firing their HC cause they lost today, or Tomlin getting canned cause they didnt make the playoffs. Might also be different if this was a long tenured coach with a long history with that team, he was there for 3 years and didnt accomplish much.

Class means nothing in this league, you think BB and the Pat's worry about how classy their moves would be to others?

Edited by apuszczalowski

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That’s not a great way to operate a business, or a way I want to live my life. I’ve had to let quite a few people go over the years. HOW you do it is important. Try being on the wrong end of that and you might get it. (Forget the guaranteed contracts, it’s about far more than money.) 

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

This isnt some 'out of the blue' move though that would be looked at as being in the heat of the moment, it's been expected for most of the season. It's not like this is the Vikings firing their HC cause they lost today, or Tomlin getting canned cause they didnt make the playoffs. Might also be different if this was a long tenured coach with a long history with that team, he was there for 3 years and didnt accomplish much.

We can agree to disagree on this. It’s not how I personally would have done it. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

That’s not a great way to operate a business, or a way I want to live my life. I’ve had to let quite a few people go over the years. HOW you do it is important. Try being on the wrong end of that and you might get it. (Forget the guaranteed contracts, it’s about far more than money.) 

Well when you are operating one of 32 billion dollar businesses, you can worry about being classy about how you operate. I'm sure BB and the Pat's worry about being classy in everything they do.

• Like (+1) 1

I will add it’s more than just the when, but the how. If they have had open communication, and the time and setting were right, it’s not the end of the world. I still wouldn’t do it on the spot unless that was felt to be the best thing to do. That operation is a joke, and I wouldn’t put it past them to do it to appease fans. THAT would be pathetic. 

Edited by Augie

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Talk about reading too much into it....I never made that assertion. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s not the classy way to do it. Again, nothing to be gained. 

You talked about them looking small. Maybe I misunderstood you. I dont really understand the point. That's all. No biggie

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Nothing gained by waiting either. ..   

Hope he comes back sometime either for or against them, then they can all 'welcome back Koetter".... 

God I am too old that I totally laughed at that ancient reference.