Packers interested in interviewing Pat Fitzgerald for HC

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not that I know anything about anything, but this hire would blow my mind if it happened 

I actually think it would be a great hire. Fitzgerald is young and has turned Northwestern from a basement dweller to a pretty decent program. They still have down years here and there, but the academic restrictions and history make it a tough sell for recruits.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Who gets the "token black guy" interview?

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

That says they already interviewed Jim Caldwell....

Caldwell is a perfect example of why the Rooney Rule needs to be eliminated.  If the intent of the rule is to expand the pool of non-white Head Coaching and Executives, why bring in a retread like Caldwell?

Jim Caldwell is a black Dick Jauron.  Bringing him in for an interview does nothing other than check the box

59 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Why?

No experience playing or coaching in nfl. Has never won anything in college or developed any real nfl talent.. I think he’s a good college coach because he does well with little talent, not all his fault because tough to recruit with northwestern’s academic standards. Doesn’t run anything innovative on either side of the ball. They play hard and very disciplined ... I could see him getting a higher level college gig but NFL HC seems like a huge stretch. That said i don’t think he will leave. Low expectations at northwestern. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, cle23 said:

I actually think it would be a great hire. Fitzgerald is young and has turned Northwestern from a basement dweller to a pretty decent program. They still have down years here and there, but the academic restrictions and history make it a tough sell for recruits.

Completely agree.  His teams play hard and have been competitive despite the major talent disadvantage.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:45 PM, /dev/null said:

Caldwell is a perfect example of why the Rooney Rule needs to be eliminated.  If the intent of the rule is to expand the pool of non-white Head Coaching and Executives, why bring in a retread like Caldwell?

Jim Caldwell is a black Dick Jauron.  Bringing him in for an interview does nothing other than check the box

Not that I agree with it but that's kind of the point, check the box and go after the guy you want. 

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl

#22 Northwestern looks outmatched by #17 Utah, down 20-3 at Halftime.  The Wildcats dominate the second half with a 28-0 run in the third quarter en route to a 31-20 victory

He’s a Wildcat for life.  Just ask him.