Marijuana to treat CTE in NFL players

On 12/27/2018 at 8:02 PM, NewDayBills said:

Just a random thought, hope I am not violating the tos and I am sorry if I am but I am awfully curious about this topic. Obviously marijuana is banned by the NFL, but I've wondered for quite some time if football players smoke because it relieves symptoms of CTE. Do any of you think this is possible? It would be pretty tragic if the NFL banned a substance that could benefit their players mental health, especially with something as serious as CTE. I know weed helps treat a myriad of illnesses from bipolar disorder all the way down to arthritis and inflammation. Could marijuana benefit players and should the NFL take it off its banned substances list? It would be a shame if the NFL was taking away something that could be beneficial to its players. Do you guys think weed could actually help the NFL? Thoughts?

As long as josh Gordon’s if the world are content to throw away millions of dollars because of it; showing he’s addicted to it, likely not

30 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how pharmaceutical companies get their drugs approved? You do know these companies knowingly sell drugs that will harm users, but they stand to make fortunes even after paying out settlements and lawyer fees, so they release them anyways. Big Pharma is not your friend, and the politicians and the FDA are on their payroll.

Marijuana wasn't made illegal because it is a harmful substance. It was a calculated move by the rich and powerful to maintain their wealth and power. It is not a "tinfoil hat" conspiracy. It is the truth. Do the research.

So much ignorance and misinformation in this thread. The amount of brainwashed citizens in this country never ceases to amaze me. News Flash: Most of what you were taught in high school were lies and propaganda used to breed ignorant nationalists who won't question their government.

How many literal months of your existence will be spent arguing over your worship of cannabis?

Think of what you could have put a sober and useful mind into, instead of this.....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TuelTime said:

Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how pharmaceutical companies get their drugs approved? You do know these companies knowingly sell drugs that will harm users, but they stand to make fortunes even after paying out settlements and lawyer fees, so they release them anyways. Big Pharma is not your friend, and the politicians and the FDA are on their payroll.

Marijuana wasn't made illegal because it is a harmful substance. It was a calculated move by the rich and powerful to maintain their wealth and power. It is not a "tinfoil hat" conspiracy. It is the truth. Do the research.

So much ignorance and misinformation in this thread. The amount of brainwashed citizens in this country never ceases to amaze me. News Flash: Most of what you were taught in high school were lies and propaganda used to breed ignorant nationalists who won't question their government.

Ha ha oh no.

Penicillin is out to get us. We are all going to die from every monoclonal antibody that treat hundreds of autoimmune conditions. Big Pharma knows that weed will awaken our third eye and cure every disease.

#resist

Edited by BringBackOrton

On December 28, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Doc: Here, take this for your pain.

Team: You’re suspended.

Doc: Here, take this HGH to heal from injury and maintain muscle mass

Team:  you're suspended

It doesn't matter if the doctor prescribes it....

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/28/2018 at 9:04 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

So its ok to have a society who is drunk?  Sorry, but that statement makes utterly no sense. Just because something is legal doesn't mean its now something people use all day long for one.  Second, its a million times safer and less impactful than poisons like opioids.  

And as far as killing people...you are completely wrong and made false conclusions off a false narrative of some story you read.  The 100% facts are that there is not a single recorded death in all human history in any country, state, village, tribe, etc that is attributed to cannabis use.  Yet people die from drinking alcohol, eating peanuts, even drinking too much water every year...not one death ever attributed to the prolonged use of cannabis.  Its literally medically impossible to even over dose from cannabis.

Now, can someone make a poor decision while using cannabis like drive and die in an accident, sure, just like they can when using a Vicodin, alcohol and many other "legal" substances..  And the reason its shows up in blood toxicology tests is because its detectable for many months after use where things like alcohol and most narcotics are no longer detectable within days.  It does NOT mean it was recently used or was the cause of the "accidents" as you are implying in your "findings".  In fact, in legalized states cannabis related "accidents" are a minute fraction compared to drinking and distracted driving accidents (texting, eating, makeup, etc).  The gap between them is massive in terms of occurrences.  

So sorry, cannabis is light years safer than many other legal products in terms of public danger.  And its never killed anyone from the use of it in the history of the world.  

This is not correct - there have been numerous cases of children and teens that have died from overdose and the numbers are increasing.

It is becoming more common as more edibles are being produced and children are getting their hands on it.

Yes it is more rare than alcohol, but as it becomes more widespread- the number of cases have increased.

It is also been attributed to an increasing number of deaths associated with motor vehicle accidents.

It is not impossible to overdose, but the levels needed are quite high.

THC is also becoming the next Vitamin D - the most recent miracle cure.  Doctors attributed everything from mood changes to cancer to diabetes cure to Viamin D and because you produced Vitamin D from the sun - the thought was no one could overdose.  Then they started doing studies and found it was not much better than placebo.  We will see how THC fares.  We know that CBD has some positive effects, but does the added THC have any real effect.

9 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is not correct - there have been numerous cases of children and teens that have died from overdose and the numbers are increasing.

It is becoming more common as more edibles are being produced and children are getting their hands on it.

Yes it is more rare than alcohol, but as it becomes more widespread- the number of cases have increased.

It is also been attributed to an increasing number of deaths associated with motor vehicle accidents.

THC is also becoming the next Vitamin D - the most recent miracle cure.  Doctors attributed everything from mood changes to cancer to diabetes cure to Viamin D and because you produced Vitamin D from the sun - the thought was no one could overdose.  Then they started doing studies and found it was not much better than placebo.  We will see how THC fares.  We know that CBD has some positive effects, but does the added THC have any real effect.

where is the proof that all these children and teens have died of overdoses

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

where is the proof that all these children and teens have died of overdoses

Do a quick Google search of THC overdose or death.

For Example:

https://www.transformationstreatment.center/resources/overdose/many-people-died-weed/

http://www.poppot.org/2018/04/18/truth-deaths-by-marijuana-overdose/

These do not include the slew of newer vehicle related issues that are being seen in legal states like Colorado.

Again It is nothing compared to other drugs, but to say no one has ever overdosed or that it is impossible is just wrong.

It also does not include deaths when weed is laced with other things and people have psychotic effects.

The facts are that it has been legal in states for a short time and numbers seem to be rising.

Now - I could not care less- legal/illegal, use it or don’t, but to say there has never been an overdose or death is just wrong.  It is like the argument that it is non addictive- yet people that smoke pot and are forced to stop have relapses, or can’t stop, and have other withdrawal type psychological  symptoms.

I think there are a lot of good things to be gained from CBD and other cannabinol substances, but it is still a drug and still has similar issues as other drugs.

Edited by Rochesterfan

35 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

For Example:

https://www.transformationstreatment.center/resources/overdose/many-people-died-weed/

These do not include the slew of newer vehicle related issues that are being seen in legal states like Colorado.

Again It is nothing compared to other drugs, but to say no one has ever overdosed or that it is impossible is just wrong.

It also does not include deaths when weed is laced with other things and people have psychotic effects.

The facts are that it has been legal in states for a short time and numbers seem to be rising.

Now - I could not care less- legal/illegal, use it or don’t, but to say there has never been an overdose or death is just wrong.  It is like the argument that it is non addictive- yet people that smoke pot and are forced to stop have relapses, or can’t stop, and have other withdrawal type psychological  symptoms.

I think there are a lot of good things to be gained from CBD and other cannabinol substances, but it is still a drug and still has similar issues as other drugs.

its still less harmful than alcohol

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

For Example:

"Parents Opposed to Pot" and some other unknown, for profit  drug addiction treatment clinic???? That is your evidence? GTFOH. 

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

"Parents Opposed to Pot" and some other unknown, for profit  drug addiction treatment clinic???? That is your evidence? GTFOH. 

There are other including the CDC - do a search or not - there are cases and there are listed articles out there about deaths.

You can choose what side you want to fall on - either way, but there are not just single articles.  Plus just do a quick search for Colorado and motor vehicle issues and a ton of marijuana related articles will pop up.

As I have said repeatedly - compared to other drugs it is not as bad, but it is still a drug and has all of the same issues every other drug has.  

To call it 100% safe and say that no one in the history of the world has ever died from overdose was the point of my contention- that is simply not true.

10 minutes ago, boater said:

Marijuana, coffee and bacon...is there anything they can't fix?

LSAT scores. Diabetes.

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Now post your greenleaf.net “research study” lol

Edited by BringBackOrton

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

LSAT scores. Diabetes.

Now post your greenleaf.net “research study” lol

I did not make any claims one way or the other homie, so I have no need. I just pointed out that other dudes lame ass "evidence". Peace.

13 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Lol, THC is not the "miracle cure." It's CBD, Cannabidol oil. (Totally non-psychoactive.) It's also impossible to OD on pot. But please, do carry on with your crusade.

42 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

There are other including the CDC - do a search or not - there are cases and there are listed articles out there about deaths.

You can choose what side you want to fall on - either way, but there are not just single articles.  Plus just do a quick search for Colorado and motor vehicle issues and a ton of marijuana related articles will pop up.

As I have said repeatedly - compared to other drugs it is not as bad, but it is still a drug and has all of the same issues every other drug has.  

To call it 100% safe and say that no one in the history of the world has ever died from overdose was the point of my contention- that is simply not true.

You do realize that it's illegal to conduct medical research on marijuana, without government permission? And how unbiased is a study that's government approved going to be?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol, THC is not the "miracle cure." It's CBD, Cannabidol oil. (Totally non-psychoactive.) It's also impossible to OD on pot. But please, do carry on with your crusade.

You do realize that it's illegal to conduct medical research on marijuana, without government permission? And how unbiased is a study that's government approved going to be?

Imagine having the take “we don’t have evidence so it must be good!”

I bet you would have prescribed thalidomide to pregnant ladies.

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually you are completely wrong.  They have different affects, and THC is SIGNIFICANTLY more important in fighting cancer for instance where CBD is really effective in treating seizures and inflammation for example.  Rick Simpson oil is only effective with high levels of THC, this notion that its only CBD is 100% incorrect.  And the reason you hear so much about CBD is because of the media and industry pushing it as it's almost like a loop hole to make money in cannabis from a federal restrictions stand point.  Head of the breath cancer research program at UCLA calls weed "The Cancer Killer" and said they literally watch it attack and kill cancer cells and both THC and CBD is present.  

And this isn't "opinion", its 100% fact that THC is a powerful medicine and its been used for 1000's of years.  In fact, Weed has been a medicine for most of recorded human history, its only NOT been a "medicine" for about 70 years between the earlier part of the 1900s and the 90's when the federal government went after it mainly because of HEMP being a major threat to the textiles.  And our government was full of white wealth built on the back of those textiles.  This isnt even a theory, its well documented.    

The US Government KNOWS its a medicine and has been growing and delivering weed to patients since the 70's and to this day there are still 3 people alive from that program that get a package of weed every single month from the US Government stopped taking new patients into it a while ago.  Everyone on the program still continues to get the weed every month for as long as they live from good old Uncle Sam.  Not a rumor, these are facts and I have personally interviewed one of the patients in Washington who still to this day every month gets his weed from the US Government (and many others have interviewed them too).

I could write 100 paragraphs and not scratch the surface how wrong these statements are.  And no, I am not a "pot head".

Edited by Alphadawg7

It’s just amazing to me that we went from Reefer Madness and believing that one puff will make you a murderer, to the complete other end of the spectrum. Now marijuana is the modern day snake oil/religion. It cures every ailment, natural, your can’t overdose, and you can’t become addicted so don’t dare blaspheme against the sacred plant or you’re indirectly judging my lifestyle choices!

15 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

You are not wrong in the sense that more and more studies and research should continue to be done, however a LOT more than you think has been done and done for decades.  Americans are narcissistic and seem to think if it's not researched here then none has been done.  It's been researched and studies for decades not only here, but in several places around the world.

In regards to the rest of your post, you are wrong.  You posted anti cannabis sites claiming it’s possible, yet there is still is not a medical record of a recorded death where marijuana overdose was confirmed and cited as the cause of death anywhere in the world.  

The first case where it was suggested to have occurred was in 2017.  Marijuana has been used throughout human history for thousands of years, and the FIRST case where cannabis overdose was suggested to be the cause was in 2017 in an 11 month old boy.  And it’s highly debated that cannabis was the direct cause.  And its medically "possible" but basically "impossible" to die from an overdose of cannabis.  The reason for that is because the AMOUNT you need to ingest in a SHORT period of time is so large that you would die from OTHER causes before ever reaching overdose levels.  For example, if you were smoking it, you would die of oxygen deprivation literally like 1% of the way towards an overdose.  

As of 2017, 142 million Americans had either tried cannabis, use it casually or use it regularly.  And 42 million of them are classified as regular users.  Yet no deaths throughout human history officially recorded where the cause of death was a cannabis overdose or prolonged use of cannabis.  And the numbers of users are higher now as the numbers have increased every single year for 40 years now.

Now...as the industry evolves to include MANUFACTURED products that contain OTHER substances in it along with cannabis, that could change things.  For instance, if you are using concentrate products where a solvent such as butane is used to make the extraction, then you risk ingesting small amounts of that solvent if not administered correctly to purge it, in this case butane, which has their own detrimental effects.  This also comes into play into edibles which are made from oils, so how that oil is created matters and why many states are putting laws into place that restrict certain process and allow clean solvent less extraction processes.

And to your car accident comments...American Journal of Modern Health studied it as well with this as the conclusion:

“Last year, a study in the American Journal of Public Health looked at traffic fatalities in Colorado and Washington to find that there was “no significant association” between pot legalization and higher fatalities.”

And as we sit here, car accidents and car fatalities are through the roof higher for texting (aka distracted driving) than Cannabis use.  CDC shows that an alcohol impaired driver has a 1780% higher chance of getting into a car accident than a marijuana impaired driver.  Alcohol related fatalities occur well over 10,000 times a year in this country alone, where the number serious or fatality car accidents attributed to cannabis was a 3 digit number.  

Also, they cant even really confirm many of the alleged "marijuana" related car accidents because Cannabis stays in your blood at high detectable levels for long periods of time.  They dont currently have tests that can give on the spot impaired results, although multiple companies have products that came out in 2018 and being deployed in certain states.  So in many of the cases where "cannabis" is listed as an impaired substance can NOT be confirmed because the blood tests can not show if that positive test was from driving under the influence or from PRIOR use earlier in the day, a previous day, or even a week ago.  So many confirmed cases are assumptions and even false positives..  

Teenage drivers, drunk drivers, drivers on prescription opioids, distracted drivers texting/eating/makeup/reading/etc are all SUBSTANTIALLY higher occurrences and a bigger risk to other drivers.  NOW...that does NOT mean driving under the influence of cannabis is safe or justified, it's not.  And 2 good companies finally developed on the spot test to be able to determine a drivers level of Cannabis use and those drivers can and should be prosecuted as severely as any other DUI.  We certainly NEED better enforcement and now law officials have the tools to properly do so.  But to suggest its anywhere near the levels of other major causes of accidents is a gross exaggeration.