Merry Christmas!

Bad Things

Christmas greetings from Deutschland!  I'm in Germany with my SO for Xmas this year.  They celebrate the holiday on Christmas Eve, the 24th.

Missed the Pats game as a result, but have read many threads here.  For some reason, WGR550.com doesn't work in Europe.  SO I didn't listen to post game show and what not.

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas again!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Merry Christmas, now go feed those sheep!

I don't have any sheep, but I do have a motorbike that needs a ride.  Would that suit?

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Christmas greetings from Deutschland!  I'm in Germany with my SO for Xmas this year.  They celebrate the holiday on Christmas Eve, the 24th.

Missed the Pats game as a result, but have read many threads here.  For some reason, WGR550.com doesn't work in Europe.  SO I didn't listen to post game show and what not.

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas again!

Fröhliche weihnachten!

My parents were from Germany, so I was raised with the traditional German Christmas'.  They are the best.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I don't have any sheep, but I do have a motorbike that needs a ride.  Would that suit?

Fröhliche weihnachten!

My parents were from Germany, so I was raised with the traditional German Christmas'.  They are the best.

Just got back from Nuremburg, 3 weeks ago.  Yes, they are the best!

What do you guys get you’re spouse for Christmas? Mine gets what she wants, when she wants. It’s frustrating, to be honest. I got her some Coach gloves her mom got her every year before passing around the holidays last year. I also got her some crazy CocaCola metal sign to put in the garage (we live in Atlanta). She mentioned that was a cool thing for her months ago, so I ordered it in November, but scheduled to arrive Thursday. UGH! 

I’d rather spend $$$ on experiences than things. Is that just me? There is no sweater or shirt we really need. My sister skipped birthdays and Christmas gifts one year, but it paid for most of a trip to Paris offseason at Christmas. Cool deal in my mind.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

What do you guys get you’re spouse for Christmas? Mine gets what she wants, when she wants. It’s frustrating, to be honest. I got her some Coach gloves her mom got her every year before passing around the holidays last year. I also got her some crazy CocoCola metal sign to put in the garage (we live in Atlanta). She mentioned that was a cool thing for her months ago, so I ordered it in November, but scheduled to arrive Thursday. UGH! 

I’d rather spend $$$ on experiences than things. Is that just me? There is no sweater or shirt we really need. My sister skipped birthdays and Christmas gifts one year, but it paid for most of a trip to Paris offseason at Christmas. Cool deal in my mind.  

I agree.

Most years, Christmas is just another work day... Like this year.

I am off for a while now.  Take the family somewhere.  One year we drove to Florida, another flew to San Francisco, rented a 4x4 and drove into the Sierras to Squaw.  Another Denver and drove to Steamboat.  Last year Buffalo.  We might go East again this year.  Things are usually spur of the moment.

But you're right.  Manly we just get things through year, etc... We don't exchange gifts at Christmas.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I agree.

Most years, Christmas is just another work day... Like this year.

I am off for a while now.  Take the family somewhere.  One year we drove to Florida, another flew to San Francisco, rented a 4x4 and drove into the Sierras to Squaw.  Another Denver and drove to Steamboat.  Last year Buffalo.  We might go East again this year.  Things are usually spur of the moment.

But you're right.  Manly we just get things through year, etc... We don't exchange gifts at Christmas.

My wife is a pillow freak. Pillows go flat, and she will have none of that. Every time she went to visit her mom it seemed she bought new pillows. She brought new pillows hom recently and I said “under the tree with them!” It’s nice to have some “stuff”, but I had seen everything I got yesterday except a few things (two of which were certificates to cooking classes!). 

I took a picture of the pillow packaging and have been instructed to get two for Christmas every year.  SURPRISE!!!

(Really, if I remember it WILL be a surprise!) 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/26/2018 at 11:35 AM, Augie said:

My wife is a pillow freak. Pillows go flat, and she will have none of that. Every time she went to visit her mom it seemed she bought new pillows. She brought new pillows hom recently and I said “under the tree with them!” It’s nice to have some “stuff”, but I had seen everything I got yesterday except a few things (two of which were certificates to cooking classes!). 

I took a picture of the pillow packaging and have been instructed to get two for Christmas every year.  SURPRISE!!!

(Really, if I remember it WILL be a surprise!) 

I take my two pillows with me if I'm staying in a hospital and or hotel.

Your wife has it right.

On 12/26/2018 at 4:20 AM, Augie said:

What do you guys get you’re spouse for Christmas? Mine gets what she wants, when she wants. It’s frustrating, to be honest. I got her some Coach gloves her mom got her every year before passing around the holidays last year. I also got her some crazy CocaCola metal sign to put in the garage (we live in Atlanta). She mentioned that was a cool thing for her months ago, so I ordered it in November, but scheduled to arrive Thursday. UGH! 

A lot of people I know, many of whom are women, prefer to spend $ on experiences as opposed to things.

I am a sucker for really high quality things that last forever, so I don't mind paying for those, but I am not a collector of junk I don't need which helps.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

A lot of people I know, many of whom are women, prefer to spend $ on experiences as opposed to things.

I am a sucker for really high quality things that last forever, so I don't mind paying for those, but I am not a collector of junk I don't need which helps.

The Coke sign arrived the day AFTER Christmas! Under the tree she just had a wrapped case of Coke, best I could do. 

I’d much rather have the experience over some “thing” somebody else picked out. I’d rather shop for myself and get what I like, and I’m too lazy to take back and exchange anything unless it’s atrocious. I take thing to Goodwill that I haven’t taken the tags off after years go by. Sad, I know....

• Like (+1) 1