Robert Foster since he came back on pace for 1400+ yards over a 16 game season...

Big Turk

51 minutes ago, colin said:

Id be happy going out and getting julio jones for WR, and patrick peterson for CB if they are available at not quite our first pick.

front loaded contracts to soak up our extra cap during our youth movement.  we need to draft some big guys, DE, OG, OT, and TE (unless there is an FA available for those).  

Foster gives us hope, but i think a big part of it is our OC knows him very well, and Josh Allen doesn't trust his other WRs, so he gets the focus.

He’s fast and stays alive well. With Allen’s style of play and his arm they compliment each other well. 

29 minutes ago, billspro said:

Right now I want Foster to be the WR3, Jones to be WR4, and McKenzie to be WR5 next year. Hopefully we can still add a WR1 and WR2. 

Almost the same but switch McKenzie and Zay. My ideal WR plan for 2019 is:

#1 - sign Demaryious Thomas (on the basis I think with Fuller to come back he is seen as a rental in Houston and they will cut him to make room to pay Clowney). He is a veteran experienced #1 who really improved his route running while in the league and from that perspective will be a major help as a leader in young room. He can play outside but has also come inside and played some big slot in Houston and that can create mismatches for Allen on 3rd down.

#2 - draft a WR in the first two rounds. I probably prefer the 2nd round pick going on a wide receiver than the 1st because that is where I think the value is. I think you are looking for a guy who might be a bit raw but with potential to develop into a true #1. The Buffalo kid might even come into consideration at that spot....

#3 - Foster to be your 3rd outside guy who can come in and play in packages where Thomas slides inside.

#4 - McKenzie as your shifty / scat back type. I'd like to see him used like Taylor Gabriel was in Atlanta by Shanahan. Line him up in the backfield and throw him screens, line him up in the slot and exploit the tight area quickness in the middle of the field, run him on some reverses, sweeps and even the odd orthodox stretch play.

#5 Zay who I am happy keeping on the roster on a cheap rookie deal because he has experience both inside and outside and will have a year with Josh under his belt at least.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, billspro said:

Right now I want Foster to be the WR3, Jones to be WR4, and McKenzie to be WR5 next year. Hopefully we can still add a WR1 and WR2. 

Had Foster been a first or second round pick last year, most fans would feel very comfortable with him being our #1 or #2 next year. I was very disappointed with the way he started the season but he has been the wr he was in the off season workouts since he returned. Foster was a 5 star recruit at Alabama. Due to a variety of reasons (injuries, qb play and change in offensive coordinators) he never really was able to show his talent on the field. But when his teammates at Alabama talk about Foster it is evident that they respect his talent. Some were even saying he has top 5 draft pick type talent. If he continues to play well the next 2 games, I have no problem viewing Foster as a #1 or #2 next year. He has the size, length, speed and change of direction needed to fill that role. Foster's speed and change of direction jump of the screen. It's like watching McKenzie, the talent is clearly there it is now about progressing and learning the nuances of the game.

9 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He said since he came back.

Yeah his numbers were off so I assumed he forgot to subtract that game.  He actually forgot to add in the Dolphins game (in which Foster only played 50% of the snaps). 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

#1 - sign Demaryious Thomas (on the basis I think with Fuller to come back he is seen as a rental in Houston and they will cut him to make room to pay Clowney). He is a veteran experienced #1 who really improved his route running while in the league and from that perspective will be a major help as a leader in young room. He can play outside but has also come inside and played some big slot in Houston and that can create mismatches for Allen on 3rd down.

#2 - draft a WR in the first two rounds. I probably prefer the 2nd round pick going on a wide receiver than the 1st because that is where I think the value is. I think you are looking for a guy who might be a bit raw but with potential to develop into a true #1. The Buffalo kid might even come into consideration at that spot....

#3 - Foster to be your 3rd outside guy who can come in and play in packages where Thomas slides inside.

#4 - McKenzie as your shifty / scat back type. I'd like to see him used like Taylor Gabriel was in Atlanta by Shanahan. Line him up in the backfield and throw him screens, line him up in the slot and exploit the tight area quickness in the middle of the field, run him on some reverses, sweeps and even the odd orthodox stretch play.

#5 Zay who I am happy keeping on the roster on a cheap rookie deal because he has experience both inside and outside and will have a year with Josh under his belt at least.

I pretty much agree there, though I also believe Zay may be dangled as trade bait (along with a pick) for a better #1 than DT. I'm intrigued by Kelvin Harmon and Hakeem Butler, among others in the day 2 draft class.

19 hours ago, Bangarang said:

An unlikely turnaround. Hoping to see the Allen and Foster connection for many years.

While not as dynamic of a receiver, I would like to see McKenzie and Foster become long term staples of the corps, whether it be depth/role receivers or top threat. Both have shown more motivation and desire to compete than any other receiver on the team this year.

Zay too, but still would like to see him be more aggressive to the ball and consistent with his hands - but love the steps he's taken in this down season overall.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Sounds good to me

4 hours ago, racketmaster said:

Had Foster been a first or second round pick last year, most fans would feel very comfortable with him being our #1 or #2 next year. I was very disappointed with the way he started the season but he has been the wr he was in the off season workouts since he returned. Foster was a 5 star recruit at Alabama. Due to a variety of reasons (injuries, qb play and change in offensive coordinators) he never really was able to show his talent on the field. But when his teammates at Alabama talk about Foster it is evident that they respect his talent. Some were even saying he has top 5 draft pick type talent. If he continues to play well the next 2 games, I have no problem viewing Foster as a #1 or #2 next year. He has the size, length, speed and change of direction needed to fill that role. Foster's speed and change of direction jump of the screen. It's like watching McKenzie, the talent is clearly there it is now about progressing and learning the nuances of the game.

I’m fine with it if he beats out a first or second round pick for the job. I would like to see more competition at the position and depth. There is usually one injury in the WR room a year.

23 hours ago, peterpan said:

He and McKenzie have been great.  To the point where WR is no longer a top 2 need.  I'd still like to see a big jump ball receiver.  A guy like say Mike Evans.  When Allen scrambles and heaves it up to a guy who is covered, but will still be able to jump up and compete for the ball.  Someone with a big catch radius to haul in some inaccurate passes.  Man that would really compliment our team so we'll. 

Allen's throws seems like he could utilize that kind of tool set. Some QBs don't like throwing jump balls, Allen seems more than willing to give someone a shot.

Think Nick Foles to Alshon Jeffrey last night. Would be a great changeup.

20 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Allen's throws seems like he could utilize that kind of tool set. Some QBs don't like throwing jump balls, Allen seems more than willing to give someone a shot.

Think Nick Foles to Alshon Jeffrey last night. Would be a great changeup.

Where is Justin Hunter when we need him

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Where is Justin Hunter when we need him

Mannnnn Alshon Jeffery is the exact kind of receiver we've been b****ing about not having. Great hands, phenomenal at tracking back, high-pointing the ball. He's the #2 that covers a #1's flaws such that you're number one doesn't need to have every skill set. A kind of guy like that is great bang for your buck. Really wanted to go for him and free agency