Robert Foster since he came back on pace for 1400+ yards over a 16 game season...

Big Turk

Foster might be turning into an unexpected gem for the Bills...3 100+ yard games and another 94 yard game in the 5 games since he has been back...extrapolated over a 16 game season he would have 51 catches for 1402 yards and 7 TDs....considering we had nothing at WR coming into the season this has to be viewed as a big unexpected win moving forward...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5

Just now, matter2003 said:

Foster might be turning into an unexpected gem foe the Bills...3 100+ yard games and another 94 yard game in the 5 games since he has been back...extrapolated over a 16 game season he would have 51 catches for 1315 yards and 7 TDs....considering we had nothing at WR coming into the season this has to be viewed as a big unexpected win moving forward...

If you discount the 30 yard game earlier in the season and before getting cut, it's 1,402 yards and 6 TD's.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Whatever metric you use, it’s a dramatic turnaround for the guy. Looks like something has definitely clicked. I’ll never doubt another ‘bama guy again @Sky Diver

I still have no idea how he improved his hands and track so much.  You almost never see that.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You have to find players that can play in unexpected places to be a great team.  Those UFA and late round draft picks that become crucial players on a team is a huge factor to accelerating a rebuild and keeping long term success. Bringing in top free agents with huge price tags and relying on 1st and second round picks to fill out the roster won't work.  Nice to see them have success with finding those diamond in the rough type players so far.  Hope it continues.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I still have no idea how he improved his hands and track so much.  You almost never see that.

Absolutely. And don’t know, don’t care. When’s the last time we had a WR go back-to-back 100 yd games? Stevie?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I know.  You extrapolated it out over a 15 game season.

Actually forgot to add in the 27 yard game against the Dolphins...wow even better...when was the last 1400 yard receiver for the Bills? Moulds?

• Haha (+1) 1

He will look even better when he is being used as a complimentary piece and not the focus of the offense. Because at the moment teams can shade coverage and you saw that on a couple of those deep balls. 

Put a legitimate #1 who is a bit more rounded (ie. can run the whole route tree and is more of a contested catch guy) opposite Foster with McKenzie in the slot and you might even have something. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Absolutely. And don’t know, don’t care. When’s the last time we had a WR go back-to-back 100 yd games? Stevie?

I don't care either, unless he can teach other guys how to improve...

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Actually forgot to add in the 27 yard game against the Dolphins...wow even better...when was the last 1400 yard receiver for the Bills? Moulds?

Too funny!  Extrapolating it out over 15 games gives you almost the exact same as forgetting the 27.  And IIRC, Foster got hurt in that game and didn't play a lot, right?

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Foster might be turning into an unexpected gem for the Bills...3 100+ yard games and another 94 yard game in the 5 games since he has been back...extrapolated over a 16 game season he would have 51 catches for 1402 yards and 7 TDs....considering we had nothing at WR coming into the season this has to be viewed as a big unexpected win moving forward...

Another Beane gem. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Could be that that skill was always there, and it just took some soul searching to get over the bigness of the moments and do the job.

Foster and McKenzie should give us a lot of hope moving forward that our staff can find guys to make plays on offense. (which was definitely a concern a few months ago.)

I still don’t really trust his hands or ball tracking at the moment but he’s so freaking fast and is able to stop on a dime that he’s a really tough cover for anyone 1 on 1 right now. He and Levi were the two undrafted guys that I was at least moderately excited about. Both have looked good so far.