2018 Post Mortem

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The 20 game 2019 pre-season is over for competitive purposes.  Nothing can change what we have learned this year. 

1. The Bills have a young franchise QB to build around
  2. Other than Josh Allen there are no important players on the offensive side of the Ball
  3. The defense has several young players to build around
  4. Coaching is questionable at all senior positions HC, OC, DC and especially special teams. 

I will watch the games. I expect to enjoy watching Allen's athletic gifts.   I will pray no one is hurt.  But they are as meaningless as it gets. 

I think this thread is about as meaningless as it gets...

10 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Dawkins?

Teller?

Jones?

Foster?
Mckenzie?

All just a guy.  They are not terrible players. None of them performs at an above average level for their position. 

but all our 1st or 2nd year and can develop to that level.

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The 20 game 2019 pre-season is over for competitive purposes.  Nothing can change what we have learned this year. 

2. Other than Josh Allen there are no important players on the offensive side of the Ball
  4. Coaching is questionable at all senior positions HC, OC, DC and especially special teams. 

I will watch the games. I expect to enjoy watching Allen's athletic gifts.   I will pray no one is hurt.  But they are as meaningless as it gets. 

There are a couple of players on the offensive side of the ball that could contribute as long as others are brought in to compliment the offense, i think Foster & McKenzie are 2 that could have a role going forward not to mention Murphy, & we have yet to see what Keith ford brings to the table .

So although there are a lot of question marks that surround this team there are some positives to take into next year . As far as the coaching DC is in good hands & i think OC should be given another year & some more talent before closing the door on Dabol !

Some position coaches need changing out i think O line coach & QB coach could use a upgrade which could go a long way to improve the team & our young QB & i wonder if Dabol will be given the chance to bring in some people that he may see as a better fit for the implementation of his offense .

Only time will tell now But i believe we are in a better place than the OP thinks ...

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Corpse isn't even cold yet.  "I come not to praise the 2018 Bills, but to bury them!"

This isn’t Post Mortem, this is Pre Mortem. It was never about the playoffs, it was always about progress. We have seen that, and I pray we continue to see that. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

2019 ??

12 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Well that’s an extremely negative outlook.  

There are are a few things we learned this year - a season that granted, was not expected to be a playoff year.  

Here is the good:

- Josh Allen is far from a finished product, but

he fared much better than some of the Twitter draft pundits anticipated.  It certainly seems that he’s a QB worth building around.

- Zay Jones showed some good flashes this year, thought still a bit inconsistent.  He’s probably not good enough yet to be a #2, but could be a solid contributor as a slot WR.

- Robert Foster and Isiah McKenzie are young WR’s worth keeping around.  Again, we aren’t talking about a #1, maybe not a #2 even, but fast players who can contribute.  

- Matt Milano showed he’s a LB worth retaining.  As long as his rehab goes well, the Bills have a solid starter LB for years to come.

- Shaq Lawson proved he is a capable rotational DE.  Maybe not worthy of a 1st round pick from far from the bust many of us thought.  

- Secondary again is the strength of the team.  Poyer, White and Hyde has great years.   But the Bills look to be adding solid depth with Wallace, Bush, and Johnson.

- Wyatt Teller may be good enough to earn a starting spot next season.  It’s been a season of high’s and low’s for him.  

- Lorenzo Alexander is amazing.  He seemed to excel this year and he’s worth a new contract at the end of the year. 

The Bad:

- McCoy appears to have lost a step.  Add RB to many of the offensive needs.

- Offensive line is absolutely dreadful.  The Bills will need to fill 3 or maybe 4 spots.  The best OL member Dion Dawkins has had a very average year at LT.  

- The Bills still lack great pass rusher.  They have many good players like Hughes and Murphy but lack someone that can truly change a game.  

- Tremaine Edmunds has has a year of ups and downs.  His play will need to continue to improve.  

- There’s a huge hole on the OL and at WR.  The Bills will need (at least) 2 quality WR’s.

- TE is an absolute joke.  Jason Croom can be an ok TE for some pass packages but is not consistent enough.  Charles Clay is a goner

Well written