TNF Game Thread: Chargers (10-3) vs. Chiefs (11-2) at 8:20 PM ET on FOX, NFL Network, & Amazon Prime Video

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins Tonight?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 01:20 AM

57 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It was far worse with the Fish winning 20 in a row on the Bills.

at least I can understand Brady and Belichick dominating. The Fish were nothing special for the last handful of years of owning the Bills. Griese wasn’t a great QB.

That was 10 years; the Brady/Belichick ownership of the Bills is 18 years, and still going strong.  And most of the losses—both home and away—have been blowouts.  They have literally beaten Brady only twice during that time.  (Not counting the Jacoby Brissett game or the game where Brady was pulled at halftime.)

I’m watching the last 8 minutes right now. What a horrible job by the chiefs offense not being able to get a 1st down on their last drive to close out the game and not calling a TO.

andy Reid starting his playoff swoon early this year 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m watching the last 8 minutes right now. What a horrible job by the chiefs offense not being able to get a 1st down on their last drive to close out the game and not calling a TO.

andy Reid starting his playoff swoon early this year 

Horrible job by chefs defense as well.  Williams had quite a night.  Guy has height and hands.  Serious coverage breakdown as he was all alone for 2 point conversion with 4 seconds left.  Nice win for the bolts.

Edited by Flutie Flakes

4 minutes ago, Flutie Flakes said:

Horrible job by chefs defense as well.  Williams had quite a night.  Guy has height and hands.  Serious coverage breakdown as he was all alone for 2 point conversion with 4 seconds left.  Nice win for the bolts.

Yes their defense (especially the secondary) is trash and has been all year. Have to find a way to make sure they don’t give LA the ball back knowing they can’t stop them 

4 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Schwartz was hired in Detroit after the 2008 0-16 season. In 2011 his third year as head coach, the Lions made it to the playoffs for the first time since 1999. The Lions went 4-12 and 7-9 the next two seasons and he was fired.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Schwartz wasn't the Head Coach of the 0-16 Lions. He took over following the 0-16 season with no talent on the roster and by year 3 they were 10-6 and a playoff team. The two years after that he lost control a little bit.

Thanks guys my bad. Was 0-16 Linehan? Why did Schwartz get pushed out? Suh acting like a maniac and such? I remember him throwing a challenge flag or something. I know he had a very negative reputation at that point in time. 

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Thanks guys my bad. Was 0-16 Linehan? Why did Schwartz get pushed out? Suh acting like a maniac and such? I remember him throwing a challenge flag or something. I know he had a very negative reputation at that point in time. 

Yes he was deemed to have "lost control" of the locker room in his final season. The team was horribly undisciplined, Suh in particular (and the offensive tackle they had back then - name escapes me) and ultimately the buck stops with the HC. His own lack of discipline was held up in evidence, which included, as you rightly remember him throwing a challenge flag on an automatically reviewable play (a touchdown where the opponent had clearly stepped out of bounds) which for reasons related to the vagaries of the NFL rule book at the time meant that the play was no longer automatically reviewable and the touchdown stood. The NFL has since revoked that stupid rule. Now the only penalty for wrongly throwing a challenge flag on a non-reviewable play is being told to pick it up again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes he was deemed to have "lost control" of the locker room in his final season. The team was horribly undisciplined, Suh in particular (and the offensive tackle they had back then - name escapes me) and ultimately the buck stops with the HC. His own lack of discipline was held up in evidence, which included, as you rightly remember him throwing a challenge flag on an automatically reviewable play (a touchdown where the opponent had clearly stepped out of bounds) which for reasons related to the vagaries of the NFL rule book at the time meant that the play was no longer automatically reviewable and the touchdown stood. The NFL has since revoked that stupid rule. Now the only penalty for wrongly throwing a challenge flag on a non-reviewable play is being told to pick it up again.

Actually, it wasn't an out of bounds play; the runner was down by tackle, but the refs didn't blow the whistle and he got back up and ran 60 or so yards for a td. Given that he was clearly tackled, schwartz immediately threw a challenge but was penalized because all scoring plays are reviewed by the league and can't be challenged. Bizarrely, because of that it was no longer reviewable by anyone, and the td stood even though the runner has clearly been down by contact and detroit was penalized on the kickoff. It was a thanksgiving game. Detroit lost by one score, as i recall.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Actually, it wasn't an out of bounds play; the runner was down by tackle, but the refs didn't blow the whistle and he got back up and ran 60 or so yards for a td. Given that he was clearly tackled, schwartz immediately threw a challenge but was penalized because all scoring plays are reviewed by the league and can't be challenged. Bizarrely, because of that it was no longer reviewable by anyone, and the td stood even though the runner has clearly been down by contact and detroit was penalized on the kickoff. It was a thanksgiving game. Detroit lost by one score, as i recall.

I don’t even remember that but what a terrible rule!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, dave mcbride said:

That's right Dave. Runner down not out of bounds. I remembered it was a Thanksgiving game. Stupid rule.

So KB?

Caught 1 of 2 targets for 17 yds. with Mahomes at QB position - sounds like fairly consistent stats for him. I don't blame KC for kicking the tires on a one-year deal to see if there was a player somewhere in KB that was salvageable. If clearing waivers without an offer did not turn on the lights for him and buy him a clue nothing will. I saw the replay of the catch he did make - slow, no separation, just used his bigger frame to push off and turn and catch the ball.

I try not to wish anyone ill fortune in their careers, but I wont miss his complaints about QBs needing to be more accurate rather than taking ownership of his own drops (some in the end zone) and lazy route running. 

I was curious so I followed him this one game - not planning on trolling him forever, but it will be interesting to see if KC extends past the one year deal.