What’s your definition of an alcoholic?

3 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

And today separates the men from the boys!

been doing what any good person does and cleaning out the clutter today...course my clutter was beers that have been in the fridge a bit too long and I cleared them by pouring them down my gullet!

Latest was a large format  Boulevard Brett Saison from 2017..absolutely delicious..but the 8.5% starting to hit me a bit.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

been doing what any good person does and cleaning out the clutter today...course my clutter was beers that have been in the fridge a bit too long and I cleared them by pouring them down my gullet!

Latest was a large format  Boulevard Brett Saison from 2017..absolutely delicious..but the 8.5% starting to hit me a bit.

So does Boxing Day involve a box of wine? 

Nothing like a vintage dart board! They are the best! 

Get enough 8.5% beers in you and you can attack the mother with some Jarts! Let the fun begin!!!

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/27/2018 at 12:35 AM, bbb said:

Why would the clear stuff be any better? 

Because it's more concentrated with alcohol.  More alcohol per volume, less to drink and ease the DT's?

I suppose @ 10 years old (like wow) it takes less. Lighter body weight, developing, brain function, etc... It's almost like fetal alcohol syndrom.  /smh

Actually... I have read studies that alcohol shouldn't be touched to around age 26!  Yes, 26!  That's when most development has shown to stop. 

Good thing Eddie V. over-compensated with the guitar! 

10 years old?  Really?

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't finished off my Grey Goose birthday gift bottle and I've had it for a month.  It's the only liquor I don't like drinking straight and I haven't bought any mixers....

I guess I'm not an alcoholic.

Step your game up friend! I don’t do the vodka anymore... whiskey kinda guy now...

but if it was a life or death situation... or i was out of marijuana... I would make that grey goose my B**** ?

Edited by Buffalo716

They say, for an alcoholic, one drink is too many, and a hundred drinks are not enough.

I once drank myself into the ER with a BAC of .32 - 4 times the legal limit. The doctors wondered why I wasn’t dead.

OTOH, I haven’t had a drink in over two weeks, save for some wine at my mom’s funeral brunch last Saturday.  I seem to be one of those rare alcoholics that can flip the switch from on to off at will.

When I asked my physician how he defines someone who drinks too much , he replied, “Someone who drinks more than their doctor!”

Funny guy.

Edited by The Senator