So our bust qb was responsible for nearly 400 yards of offense

3 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Are we just ignoring the INTs and the missed TD to Zay?

Not saying he wasn't good, but let's not act like he was perfect

Ints. You talking about the hall Mary at the end of the half and the other one where they fooled him on the coverage. Shame on the rookie SMH

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

One of the picks was a hail mary - cant fault him there. He just needs to fix accuracy and he will be fine. 

I see this same though ALL over this board.  As if fixing accuracy is just some forgone conclusion or that it is inevitable or easy.  This is the entire reason why scouts questioned him as a round 1 prospect...it's what TEBOW never could do and it was the one thing holding him back as well.  No one could "Fix" this in HS, or JUCO, or at Wyoming....Lamar Jackson is completing passes at a higher pct, with fewer turnovers, and his running ability is as good or better than Allens.   Jackson wasn't considered a good prospect for Accuracy as well.  

Just now, Zerovotlz said:

I see this same though ALL over this board.  As if fixing accuracy is just some forgone conclusion or that it is inevitable or easy.  This is the entire reason why scouts questioned him as a round 1 prospect...it's what TEBOW never could do and it was the one thing holding him back as well.  No one could "Fix" this in HS, or JUCO, or at Wyoming....Lamar Jackson is completing passes at a higher pct, with fewer turnovers, and his running ability is as good or better than Allens.   Jackson wasn't considered a good prospect for Accuracy as well.  

Golden boy down in kc had the same issues coming out

oh wait he got to sit for a year and if he gets pressured it’s actually a thing down in kc

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Golden boy down in kc had the same issues coming out

oh wait he got to sit for a year and if he gets pressured it’s actually a thing down in kc

No he didn't John....Mahomes was a 63% completion passer in his college career.  The issues coming out were that he had poor footwork and would try too hard to improvise at times leading to poor choices.  ....Not sure what you mean about Mahomes being pressured.  He's performed well under pressure or not.

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

The exact same reasons his accuracy numbers looked low in college is the same exact reasons here in NFL.

Get a real TE, A real OL A Real #1 WR. then come back to me and talk about his accuracy #'s

Edited by PrimeTime101

3 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Stats are nice. Wins are better.

Not really, not at this point. Progress is more important than squeaking out some fluke victory. Can you have both? Certainly, but winning is NOT the most important thing this year. This year is all about the progress of Allen and the young core of this team. Our off-season is crucial to our future success. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

No he didn't John....Mahomes was a 63% completion passer in his college career.  The issues coming out were that he had poor footwork and would try too hard to improvise at times leading to poor choices.  ....Not sure what you mean about Mahomes being pressured.  He's performed well under pressure or not.

and you think 63% is good due to the players he had on that team? please. and by the way how did Mayfield do today with his grand accuracy? hmm?

Edited by PrimeTime101

It’s more often NOT prrssured

and since your boy came from a air raid system built to make college qbs look good And was successful in his transition to the NFL you should not be so quick to think it cannot be done for Alan

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

The exact same reasons his accuracy numbers looked low in college is the same exact reasons here in NFL.

Get a real TE, A real OL. then come back to me and talk about his accuracy #'s

How long can you keep using the supporting cast as a crutch?  Derek Anderson has a 60% completion rate with these guys.  Matt Barkley has a 60% completion rate with these guys.  Nathan Peterman........has a 54% completion pct with these guys....wich is higher than Allens.  

7 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Hmmm.  Interesting last sentence.  Care to ponder why Jackson is completing passes at a higher pct?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s more often NOT prrssured

and since your boy came from a air raid system built to make college qbs look good And was successful in his transition to the NFL you should not be so quick to think it cannot be done for Alan

....I don't care what system any of them came from......Allen struggles with his accuracy....it was a problem in HS, a problem at JUCO...a problem at Wyoming....The scouts pointed it out in multiple reports....this is who Allen is....He is what his stats and scouting reports say he is....inaccurate.

How long can you keep using the supporting cast as a crutch?  Derek Anderson has a 60% completion rate with these guys.  Matt Barkley has a 60% completion rate with these guys.  Nathan Peterman........has a 54% completion pct with these guys....wich is higher than Allens.  

Its not a crutch its a fact. Look at GB future hall of fame QB, His supporting cast fails then he fails, he threw for 62% today and if you saw replay catches of that game you would see 2 balls had no right being caught. they are having some of the same issues we are but there defense is bad on top of it and Josh Allen is a friggen ROOKIE! PLEASE! my gosh lol

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Agreed, but he did enough to win. Clay should have caught that ball and Haushka did him no favors today.

Allen should have put more on it and hit Clay in the endzone.  It works both ways.

In the end, it was a busted play with good effort from both guys, it just didn't work out.  That's football.

Edited by Chicken Boo

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Its not a crutch its a fact. Look at GB future hall of fame QB, His supporting cast fails then he fails, he threw for 62% today and if you saw replay catches of that game you would see 2 balls had no right being caught. they are having some of the same issues we are but there defense is bad on top of it and Josh Allen is a friggen ROOKIE! PLEASE! my gosh lol

I know he is a rookie....I do think his pct will improve...I am not sure it ever improves enough to be a viable "franchise" QB.  ....the idea that all you need to have him do is "just improve accuracy"  is a funny statement to me...that isn't something that is easily done....and history shows it is highly unlikely it will ever improve very much.  ...I'm just pointing out that many here seem to think that one day Allen is all of the sudden gong to go from a lifelong 50% passer to a 65% guy somehow...I just don't see how it is taken as something that WILL happen given enough time....etc....

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I know he is a rookie....I do think his pct will improve...I am not sure it ever improves enough to be a viable "franchise" QB.  ....the idea that all you need to have him do is "just improve accuracy"  is a funny statement to me...that isn't something that is easily done....and history shows it is highly unlikely it will ever improve very much.  ...I'm just pointing out that many here seem to think that one day Allen is all of the sudden gong to go from a lifelong 50% passer to a 65% guy somehow...I just don't see how it is taken as something that WILL happen given enough time....etc....

multiple factors in a QB's throwing percentage that has NOTHING to do with him? Examples.. Penalties that take away passes (yes every team has them but for us its an extreme event) Dropped balls (again every team has them but it happens to often here) the QB under abnormal pressure do to a garbage offensive line. Not able to get into a rhythm due to bad runs on first downs and massive penalties. I mean do you need me to continue?

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hmmm.  Interesting last sentence.  Care to ponder why Jackson is completing passes at a higher pct?

Yes...Jackson is completing passes at about the rate he did in College...it's not ideal, but it's in line with what he did in College....just like Allen.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

multiple factors in a QB's throwing percentage that has NOTHING to do with him? Examples.. Penalties that take away passes (yes every team has them but for us its an extreme event) Dropped balls (again every team has them but it happens to often here) the QB under abnormal pressure do to a garbage offensive line. Not able to get into a rhythm due to bad runs on first downs and massive penalties. I mean do you need me to continue?

...I have already pointed out that the other THREE QB who have played with the Bills this year, with the same guys and coaches etc...all have completed passes at a higher rate.  At what point do you acknowledge that Allen isn't that accurate?  

15 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Yes...Jackson is completing passes at about the rate he did in College...it's not ideal, but it's in line with what he did in College....just like Allen.

So far, and it’s a small sample size, he’s been completing 3% more than he did in college. The answer you’re looking for is he has a better supporting cast on offense. 

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

...I have already pointed out that the other THREE QB who have played with the Bills this year, with the same guys and coaches etc...all have completed passes at a higher rate.  At what point do you acknowledge that Allen isn't that accurate?  

I acknowledge that he looks for the deeper passes more then the right pass and is not captain check down, doesn't throw more shorter passes (witch he needs to work on.) He is not a vet like the other guys that makes smarter plays, he is a rookie doing rookie things. Does he get to 65% next year? no one can say for sure. Cam Newton is hovering just under 60% career and I think Josh Allen will reach that when this offense gets fixed.

I am going to name a perfect example for those of you that don't think a person/situation can fix QB stats.

Steve Young first year was 53%

Joe Montana first year was 56%

Mitchell Trubisky 59%

Troy Aikman who was on record saying you cant fix accuracy started his first year with bad accuracy, how did that work out

Answer: Does Josh Allen have accuracy issues right now? yes? is that a lot do to the situation he is in and not sitting a raw talented player one year yes? Can he fix that? yes

am I going to complain or even worry about it this year? hell no