R.I. P. 41

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yet another vet from WW2 is gone. Fewer and fewer left :( 

First president I ever voted for. Absentee ballot while in the Air Force. I use to get laughs impersonating him for friends in the service. 

He and Reagan basically talked the Soviet Union to death. They took Gorby on tours of US and Bush just asked him, "Why don't you just let the Germans hold elections?" He finally agreed to and the Cold War ended. That was a great under the radar moment in world history.

I was in Panama for the build up to the attack there, but not the actual shooting. I had just left the service when the Gulf war was going to start. He only served four years but a lot sure happened in those years. No real surprise he lost going for Reagans fourth term. 

He he seemed like a good, decent man, a good politician and someone who belongs to a different age really. RIP old man, you have really left your mark on the world in many ways. I'm sure Jimmy Carter will be joining you soon. 

there are those who might say that if it wasn't for Ross Perot, Bush would have had his second term.

as a couple of others have  expressed here in this thread, i don't wish to besmirch him in the time of his families grief, so i will simply wish him well in the next portion of his journey.

Edited by Foxx

I don't understand all this "we have to honor someone we never knew, who I suspect of criminal activity, who held beliefs completely contrary to mine,  etc"...I'm not damning him to hell, but why am I somehow obligated to publicly declare my condolences? Or not speak of him in a bad light?

I had the Honor of meeting him when he was VP obviously many moons ago and can say most stories about him now, of being humble, with a great sense of humor are true. 

I have always disagreed with his politics as too centrist, but as a Patriot, family man, and just a human being, we should all strive in life to have his "faults"

RIP 41

PS... Never met W... But always thought of Jeb as a pompous ass.... 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm far from perfect, and am grateful for any prayers you send my way.

that said, I won't mourn the death of global elite who lived their lives to cast an evil pall over the world.

Wow.  Yea, George H.W. Bush obviously lived his life to cast an evil pall over the world.  You conspiracy clowns really nailed that one.  Right up there with John McCain being an AQ supporter.  Nice work wedged up there in your own rectums!

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

there are those who might say that if it wasn't for Ross Perot, Bush would have had his second term.

as a couple of others have  expressed here in this thread, i don't wish to besmirch him in the time of his families grief, so i will simply wish him well in the next portion of his journey.

Some people have argued that Perot hurt Clinton more than Bush, idk. 

Al Gore getting under Perot skin about NAFTA was funny, though. 

"Ronan Tynan, the Irish tenor, had called earlier in the day to ask if he could drop by, and when he showed up, [he was asked] to sing to the president."

"Mr. Tynan sang two songs, the first 'Silent Night' and the second a Gaelic song. As he sang 'Silent Night,' [former secretary of state, James A. Baker III said], 'Believe it or not, the president was mouthing the words.' Mr. Baker held Mr. Bush’s hand and rubbed his feet for nearly a half-hour...."

From "'I Love You, Too': George Bush’s Final Days" (NYT).

On 12/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm far from perfect, and am grateful for any prayers you send my way.

that said, I won't mourn the death of global elite who lived their lives to cast an evil pall over the world.

You're such a gigantic jackass. 

'Hey everybody, look at me! Somebody died, and I'm spitting on them! Know why? It's because I'm sooo smart. Look how smart I am! Tell me I'm smart?! Please, TELL ME I'M SMART?!' 

That's how what you write reads, incel. 

What a gigantic jackass.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

You're such a gigantic jackass. 

'Hey everybody, look at me! Somebody died, and I'm spitting on them! Know why? It's because I'm sooo smart. Look how smart I am! Tell me I'm smart?! Please, TELL ME I'M SMART?!' 

That's how what you write reads, incel. 

What a gigantic jackass.

Bush sr was a douche. Not as big of douche as McCain. But a douche. Obama is a ***** terrorist. When he dies that preemptively allows me to talk *****.  I expect the deep State will have him dead before too long to protect the narrative.