Jags Fire Hackett and Have Benched Bortles for Kessler

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not a bad idea

I seem to recall the Browns paid about $16Mil to the Texans for the 2nd rounder in the Osweiler deal... do the Bills still do it for that much?

Maybe $8Mil for their third round?

Not saying OBD should pursue this but JAX does have 2 - 3rd round picks in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not a bad idea

I seem to recall the Browns paid about $16Mil to the Texans for the 2nd rounder in the Osweiler deal... do the Bills still do it for that much?

Maybe $8Mil for their third round?

I think that $16 was Brick's base salary. And Bortles also has a base salary of $16m. I don't think that NFL teams can take on partial salaries of players like you can in the NBA and NHL but not sure about that. We have enough money to take on the 16m and not have it affect our salary cap virtually at all next year in exchange for a second rounder. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Say what you want to about EJ but statistically, he had a better rookie year than Allen is having. 

EJ never made a single throw which made you think he could be great. Not one. Josh Allen made at least 3 of those throws yesterday alone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Just pointing out that he's only ever had QBs who are complete garbage to work with. 

Hes definitely not been blessed with talented QBs, but his play calling and offensive design when here was the worst I’ve ever seen.  I don’t pay enough attention to Jags offense to comment on his time there, but he was the worst OC I have ever seen here.  The level of stupidity on how he would out smart himself constantly was stunning.  

3rd and 1 with a potent run game here, he would throw 30 yards down field with a crap QB or call some triple reverse gadget play and never get it.  3rd and 12 he would run a draw.  I mean he was a baffoon.  Still bitter with how stupid he was as you can tell haha.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

EJ never made a single throw which made you think he could be great. Not one. Josh Allen made at least 3 of those throws yesterday alone.

Well that’s not true, even though I totally agree with you that Allen shows way more than we have seen from EJ.  People forget EJ showed some promising things and even a couple

impressive wins as a rookie.  

But again, I fully agree that Allen has tons more potential than EJ ever had and to me is showing it on the field better than EJ showed overall his rookie year.  But to say EJ didn’t make one great throw his rookie year is an exaggeration.  He had some bright spots his rookie year, unfortunately most the bright spots ONLY happened in his rookie year.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Well that’s not true, even though I totally agree with you that Allen shows way more than we have seen from EJ.  People forget EJ showed some promising things and even a couple

impressive wins as a rookie.  

But again, I fully agree that Allen has tons more potential than EJ ever had and to me is showing it on the field better than EJ showed overall his rookie year.  But to say EJ didn’t make one throw that was a throw a gear QB would make is an exaggeration.  He had some bright spots his rookie year, unfortunately most the bright spots ONLY happened in his rookie year.

He showed some bright spots. For a couple games in his rookie year he showed promise of a competent QB. But he never made one great throw that separated him from other QBs, that's what I mean. He had games where he strung some completions together but nothing eye popping. IMO the only rookie QBs that have done that so far this year are Mayfield and Allen. Darnold and Rosen are in the same boat as EJ was, they've made competent plays at times but nothing that has separated them.

• Like (+1) 2

Ok, if this is really what Hackett said after being fired he IS a moron:

It wasn’t anything negative, (Marrone) just decided to make a move. I guess he didn’t think I was good enough, that’s the only thing I can think of. It’s a shock ... I knew Doug had thought about it. I guess the football Gods had it out for me. We started off hot, had so many injuries, we were a completely different team. Guys busted their butts, but you can only do so much. I wish I could’ve figured something out.”