Falcons at Saints Thurs Night NBC

7 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Saints look unstoppable this season. They are winning at will. 

...haven't been this balanced in a long time.......used to be Brees or else......throws for 171 with 4 TD's...would have needed 371 previously.....and their defense has risen...........

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ref help and cheating?

If you watched those GM games yesterday then you saw ref help for the Saints and Cowboys galore!!! Lol And I’m kidding!! But the refs stink it up yesterday and boy did it help the Saints and Boys a lot.

as for cheating that’s just salty talk (tongue in cheek lol)

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If you watched those GM games yesterday then you saw ref help for the Saints and Cowboys galore!!! Lol And I’m kidding!! But the refs stink it up yesterday and boy did it help the Saints and Boys a lot.

as for cheating that’s just salty talk (tongue in cheek lol)

Seemed the biggest non call was the early PI on the brees interception. From there a little back and forth of the needle but didn’t seem to skew far enough to erase that aaaand look like the saints had them in the pocket 

• Like (+1) 1

I was surprised in the Cowbous game when the Redskins player caught the ball then was crushed by 2 guys there was jo call. Although looking at the replay, the cowboys player sort of hit him facemask to facemask and didnt lead with his head. But afterwards the Redskins player was pissed and had his helmet off and appeared to throw it at the sidelines before chasing down another ref. I figured he was going to get one first his actions after the play.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...never amounted to much in the collegiate ranks.....luvfest is baffling..........

He was terrible in the national championship game against Clemson.  Kept running the same plays over and over again, getting stuffed and making no adjustments.  Yesterday they are down by 21 with under 7 minutes left and they are throwing 3 yard outs to Austin Hooper that take 40 seconds off the clock.  He will be fired at the end of the season if not sooner. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I would love for the analytics folks, who I generally agree with, to look me in the eye and tell me Matt Ryan is not a choker. Yes, his line sucked, etc. etc. etc. He's just one of those guys with a rattled look in his face when you need the big play.

The Saints are just a machine. The reason they have to be the favorite is because they can beat you so many different ways. They could probably beat most teams even if Brees had an off game. Their offense is predicated on high percentage plays. They require less luck than any team I've seen in quite a while. How crazy would it be if they run the table and Ryan Fitzpatrick was the only QB to beat them all season?

49 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He was terrible in the national championship game against Clemson.  Kept running the same plays over and over again, getting stuffed and making no adjustments.  Yesterday they are down by 21 with under 7 minutes left and they are throwing 3 yard outs to Austin Hooper that take 40 seconds off the clock.  He will be fired at the end of the season if not sooner. 

Steve Sarkisian loses $30 million lawsuit against USC over firing

AP Published 10:33 p.m. ET July 9, 2018 | Updated 11:18 p.m. ET July 9, 2018

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former USC head football coach Steve Sarkisian has lost a $30 million lawsuit that claimed he was improperly fired by the school instead of being allowed to seek treatment for alcoholism.

An arbitrator last week ruled in favor of the University of Southern California, saying Sarkisian concealed his condition from the school.

In a statement Monday, Sarkisian said he was "disappointed in the decision, but we will respect it and move on."

Sarkisian was fired in October 2015, two months after he slurred his words and swore during USC's annual "Salute to Troy" preseason pep rally.

Sarkisian blamed his behavior on mixing alcohol with medication before the event.

However, Sarkisian also reportedly showed signs of being intoxicated during a game and at a team meeting.

I'm not trying to diminish Drew Brees performance this season, but that offense is unbelievably versatile. It tends to bother me when one guy gets all the credit at the expense of studs like Thomas, Kamara, and of course Sean Peyton.

Edited by LSHMEAB

38 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Damn....and we could've had 'em, when he was damaged goods...But since we were secure with JP....?

...problem was those numbers would have elicited a LOUD thud at OBD......a/k/a Ralph hitting the floor............

Brees agrees to six-year deal with Saints

John ClaytonESPN Senior Writer -Mrach 15, 2006

Early in his career, there were questions about Drew Brees having a slow release.

That wasn't the case Tuesday when he pulled the trigger on a six-year, $60 million deal with the New Orleans Saints that included a $8 million signing bonus and a 2006 base salary of $2 million.

The contract includes a $12 million option bonus due next spring and a base salary of $3 million for 2007.

"... I just felt that energy in New Orleans," Brees said Tuesday night. "From the very beginning there was a genuine feeling that they wanted me there. They believe I can come back from this shoulder injury and lead them to a championship. They were as confident as I am, and that meant a lot."

Brees said he hopes to be throwing again my mid-April, and he expects to play at some point in 2006.