Thanksgiving and the SJW

Chef Jim

30 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

So to answer your question it really is not harder in 2018 America for a black man given the mobility that exists.

Do you think black people (or other minorities) and women are more or less likely to agree that they have it no harder than a white man, based on their workplace and life experiences?

Edited by BeginnersMind

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They say. Ok. I love the "they are really saying this." Thank you for believing our totally made up outrage of the moment. 

I just looked at the animated "cell" of the Peanuts special used for the article.  Franklin has perhaps the best chair given the bottom is cloth versus solid wood.  I as no doubt many other people feel it is best to sit across from a bunch of people versus sitting right next to.  I have access to more people and do not have to talk through neighboring people that have their own conversation going.  People could complain about anything.  "He's too dark in color reinforcing a stereotype.  He is too light so they are trying to (whitewash) hide his origin."  It will never stop with some people.

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Do you think black people (or other minorities) and women are more or less likely to agree that they have it no harder than a white man, based on their workplace and life experiences?

Do they have a view point?  Yes.  Does it fully describe what is happening?  In a lot of instances, no.  Show me a white person or black person complaining about the lack of jobs and most of the time I will show you a person that is far too inflexible in their approach to find a job.  I complain about my lot in life but also admit my motives are in part driven by a need to stay close to family and being well adapted to the climate of WNY.  It's nice to have it all in life but in the need for a paycheck many of us need to properly set priorities.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Im taking to you. Are you a fictional character!

Almost every job I had in the kitchen I was on salary and didn’t get overtime. Now while many were in management and were exempt there were some that once I was less naive realized they were non-exempt. I do remember one job where they did pay me overtime I worked 100 hours one week. After I got that check I put in for as much overtime as possible. 

I don't participate in holidays nor do I rant about anything while others are pretending to enjoy them. I'll just find something better to do.

But thank you for proving my point.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They say. Ok. I love the "they are really saying this." Thank you for believing our totally made up outrage of the moment. 

By the way I don't see Pigpen in that frame.  I guess the lawsuit by the Hygenitically Challenged Persons of America is forth coming?  There is a plate of glop in front of Marcy and then one to the front and left of Marcy so somebody is coming to the table to be on the same side as Franklin.  Lucy perhaps?  Maybe they had to bring chairs out from the house so perhaps Shroeder and the Little Red Haired Girl are joining them?  I prize elbow room at the Thanksgiving table so now that will soon be squashed for Franklin by the others.  

How was Thanksgiving on the Soros Cubicle Farm?  Tepid bottle water and a day old stale bagel?

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

There is a plate of glop in front of Marcy and then one to the front and left of Marcy so somebody is coming to the table to be on the same side as Franklin.  Lucy perhaps?  Maybe they had to bring chairs out from the house so perhaps Shroeder and the Little Red Haired Girl are joining them? 

probably some unmarried white guy with no kids that left the table to go play Red Dead Redemption

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

If a black man goes into a backwater town of all whites then it would not be surprising that his job quest is very uphill. 

Not where my Dad worked. Factory, in a town where 99% of the population is white. I only remember there being two black kids my entire time in school, K-12. Any black man (or woman) that went and applied would be starting the next week. 

12 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

The sign of a nation far too prosperous: when you’re too cool to celebrate not dying for a year.

There was a fantastic quote in the Sopranos by one of Tony's women, something along the lines of "You Americans expect that nothing will ever go wrong, while the rest of the world expects that usually everything will go wrong".

The modern liberal mindset is entirely the result of a country (or at least the huge section of it that thinks that way) that has gone far too long without any real hardship.

10 hours ago, Paulus said:

Are you literally? Are you literally having a white privilege tantrum? How old are you? Did you climb up mountains to and from each of your eight jobs? That OT which was "enjoyed" in each of your 3 jobs...Save the drama for your mama, bub.

Like I said, I represent what you hate, and you hate it because it wrecks the part of your follow-the-herd thinking that says people like me accomplished things exclusively because of white male privilege. You're nothing more than an "I'm with Her" sticker on a Bernie Bros bumper on an Obama cash for clunker being driven off a cliff by an Ocasio-Cortez explanation of how government should work.

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Quoting this portion not to minimize your story but to ask: Do you think your situation was easier or harder for being a white man?

I’m not asking if we should legislate based on your answer. I’m not asking whether people of all sort play the victim card too much. 

But my belief is that it’s easier being a white man than a black one in America. And being a man vs a woman. Not impossible. Just harder. Do you agree?

What I think is we make our own path, and choose to crawl, walk or run on it. My toughest journey took place in the 60s-80s. I can point to specific people who helped me, not because of my gender or skin color, but because they saw me trying and gave a hand up. In spite of my efforts, along the way I lost jobs to blacks and women. I've been hired by blacks and women. I still lose jobs to blacks and women because my company is neither minority- nor female-owned (though it easily could be), so when I bid projects, I'm already at a disadvantage by the times bids are submitted.

Here is the truth that is constantly snuffed out: what makes life difficult for people is much less about gender or skin color and much more about who raises you. My father was a terrible father of six who married a woman with four other kids a month after my mother died because he was too selfish to think otherwise. But people in my life -- white, black, female, you name it -- saw what happened, and stepped in to help me along the way. And they kept helping me up because I kept trying to climb. If I refused to climb, they likely would have put their efforts elsewhere.

Lastly, I've argued for years that Barack Obama missed his opportunity to be the single most influential black man, surpassing even Martin Luther King. In a country where 72% of black children are born to single moms, Obama chose identity politics. He could have worked the neighborhoods, showing young black kids what a purposeful effort looks like. Challenged black men to be fathers to their kids. Explained how excuses and yelling "I'm a victim!" is a waste of time. He missed it and it's too bad.

In the end, banging the 'white male privilege' drum is the work of a simple mind. It does nothing to help. It only excuses. Which is why I find people like Paulus to be part of the problem. He judges on what he expects, not what he knows. Simple and lazy. Which is why I could never be a Democrat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Like I said, I represent what you hate, and you hate it because it wrecks the part of your follow-the-herd thinking that says people like me accomplished things exclusively because of white male privilege. You're nothing more than an "I'm with Her" sticker on a Bernie Bros bumper on an Obama cash for clunker being driven off a cliff by an Ocasio-Cortez explanation of how government should work.

What I think is we make our own path, and choose to crawl, walk or run on it. My toughest journey took place in the 60s-80s. I can point to specific people who helped me, not because of my gender or skin color, but because they saw me trying and gave a hand up. In spite of my efforts, along the way I lost jobs to blacks and women. I've been hired by blacks and women. I still lose jobs to blacks and women because my company is neither minority- nor female-owned (though it easily could be), so when I bid projects, I'm already at a disadvantage by the times bids are submitted.

Here is the truth that is constantly snuffed out: what makes life difficult for people is much less about gender or skin color and much more about who raises you. My father was a terrible father of six who married a woman with four other kids a month after my mother died because he was too selfish to think otherwise. But people in my life -- white, black, female, you name it -- saw what happened, and stepped in to help me along the way. And they kept helping me up because I kept trying to climb. If I refused to climb, they likely would have put their efforts elsewhere.

Lastly, I've argued for years that Barack Obama missed his opportunity to be the single most influential black man, surpassing even Martin Luther King. In a country where 72% of black children are born to single moms, Obama chose identity politics. He could have worked the neighborhoods, showing young black kids what a purposeful effort looks like. Challenged black men to be fathers to their kids. Explained how excuses and yelling "I'm a victim!" is a waste of time. He missed it and it's too bad.

In the end, banging the 'white male privilege' drum is the work of a simple mind. It does nothing to help. It only excuses. Which is why I find people like Paulus to be part of the problem. He judges on what he expects, not what he knows. Simple and lazy. Which is why I could never be a Democrat.

Obama would have never made it through the Democratic party nomination process if he did not toot the "oppression" horn at every opportunity.

58 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In fact, he went completely the other way and is a big part of why the victim mentality has made a huge leap forward in the last ten years, demonstrating Obama only cared about political power and never gave a rat's ass about black people (or any people).

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I just looked at the animated "cell" of the Peanuts special used for the article.  Franklin has perhaps the best chair given the bottom is cloth versus solid wood.  I as no doubt many other people feel it is best to sit across from a bunch of people versus sitting right next to.  I have access to more people and do not have to talk through neighboring people that have their own conversation going.  People could complain about anything.  "He's too dark in color reinforcing a stereotype.  He is too light so they are trying to (whitewash) hide his origin."  It will never stop with some people.

Sure. And people make up stuff, too. 

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

you have knocked every response out of the park here. 

respect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

In fact, he went completely the other way and is a big part of why the victim mentality has made a huge leap forward in the last ten years, demonstrating Obama only cared about political power and never gave a rat's ass about black people (or any people).

History will not judge him well. Even with Obama.org and a Netflix production team. People will look back on him in 20 years and his resume will start with "First black president" and end with "FUBAR'ed US health care." If he's lucky, they'll forget the Fruit Loops in the bath interview.

31 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

History will not judge him well. Even with Obama.org and a Netflix production team. People will look back on him in 20 years and his resume will start with "First black president" and end with "FUBAR'ed US health care." If he's lucky, they'll forget the Fruit Loops in the bath interview.

"First black president, put the US on track to universal health care, and would have achieved it sooner if not for those evil Republinazis."

Because guess who gets to write history...