12/11 Update with 2 Mock Drafts: Who the Bills have been scouting

DCOrange

After reading that it's misleading to state that the bills aren't as interested in certain positions because they have only seen certain teams. First I bet they have gone to more schools than that and second they might have higher grades on some players than theses big boards. But it's a interesting topic.

Anyway they will get who we need , trusting the process.

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

If we draft a RB in the top 10 I will lose my ****

I don't think that's a concern; there just isn't a RB worth taking remotely near the top 10. I do think they may very well target a RB at some point though. It's at least possible that it's just coincidence that they've seen so many of the top RBs; the only one that they've seen that I would say may have been the big draw in the first place was Benny Snell, but they easily could have been more interested in Georgia's team rather than Kentucky (and it could have been Josh Allen from Kentucky too).

I personally think it would be wise to take a RB on Day 3 or maybe late on Day 2, but we'll see.

I do think the Damien Harris connection is something to keep an eye on though, and he could be a target with the Bills 2nd round pick.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think that's a concern; there just isn't a RB worth taking remotely near the top 10. I do think they may very well target a RB at some point though. It's at least possible that it's just coincidence that they've seen so many of the top RBs; the only one that they've seen that I would say may have been the big draw in the first place was Benny Snell, but they easily could have been more interested in Georgia's team rather than Kentucky (and it could have been Josh Allen from Kentucky too).

I personally think it would be wise to take a RB on Day 3 or maybe late on Day 2, but we'll see.

I do think the Damien Harris connection is something to keep an eye on though, and he could be a target with the Bills 2nd round pick.

Anything after round 3 I'm fine with them doing whatever.  I just don't want a RB in rounds 1/2 and probably 3.   We can go by committee 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

What are you going to do when we draft his backup in the second round? 

Nod approvingly depending on what free agents they have signed and what they do with the rest of the draft.   I may not cheer...but..they'll get a nod

Serious question: How many scouts do we actually have and how many games can they get to in person? What about draft services like Blesto?  Do they cover who you ask them to? Do they just develop a general data base and you tap into their profiles?

I just don’t know how this stuff really works from a practical standpoint. 

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Nod approvingly depending on what free agents they have signed and what they do with the rest of the draft.   I may not cheer...but..they'll get a nod

I was going to take a guy in the top 10 AND his backup in the second, but I want to be present to see your reaction! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Serious question: How many scouts do we actually have and how many games can they get to in person? What about draft services like Blesto?  Do they cover who you ask them to? Do they just develop a general data base and you tap into their profiles?

I just don’t know how this stuff really works from a practical standpoint. 

I was going to take a guy in the top 10 AND his backup in the second, but I want to be present to see your reaction! 

I wish I knew, i should have paid better attention when everyone got canned after McDermott got here.   THey hired all kinds of scouts for each region and then they report to a single guy who presents their stuff to Beane I think.   Not sure the exact number though.   

But we drafted players from Jacksonville state last year so they definitely have their ears to the ground and eyes open when it comes to looking at every player they can.   

7 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I wish I knew, i should have paid better attention when everyone got canned after McDermott got here.   THey hired all kinds of scouts for each region and then they report to a single guy who presents their stuff to Beane I think.   Not sure the exact number though.   

But we drafted players from Jacksonville state last year so they definitely have their ears to the ground and eyes open when it comes to looking at every player they can.   

My initial answer to who we are scouting was: EVERYBODY

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I appreciate the effort on this, but there's zero chance it's correct.

We're scouting O-Line and WR. Beane is not an idiot. He realizes how bad our Offense is and has mentioned it in press conferences.

He’s scouting every position just like GMs do every year. 

5 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Last year had guys worth trading up for.  

You mean stars like Marcus Davenport, Lamar Jackson, Hayden Hurst and Isaiah Wynn?  Yeah, I’m sure there won’t be any comparable players this year.

Just now, mannc said:

You mean stars like Marcus Davenport, Lamar Jackson, Hayden Hurst and Isaiah Wynn?  Yeah, I’m sure there won’t be any comparable players this year.

Well now that those teams have filled those positions, why would they trade back up again?