Is this a playoff team with Tyrod?

Mikie2times

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Facts are he had 19 yards passing.      Facts are he couldn’t win a game with 6 turnovers. 

You know this, stop playing games.     Adios muchacho.  

Let's just play pick random Tyrod games to suit our narrative.

"facts are Tyrod went 285/2/0 to win against Tampa. Facts are Tyrod went 213/2/0 to beat Denver"

Facts our Barkley is the only guy to get this kind of stat line in one game this year.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Jets are one of the worst teams in football, we just had a guy without a lot of weapons on offense who hasn't played since 2016 put up a great game.  Taylor had 14 yards at halftime against the Jets.

Take his career average when the pattern is declining every year?  If we're using that logic, Sam Bradford posting a 62.5 passer rating this year but since he's got a career average of 84.5....he's still good.

Are we ignoring we lost Richie Incognito and Eric Wood?  40% of our starting offensive line?  Both positions have had their starters replaced because the ones who filled in for them were terrible.

I don't care if the player is good or not. The question is would the Bills be better this year with TT and the answer is yes. Also Richie and Wood somehow looked better when TT was running then they did for the entirety of their career. I wonder why?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes the Bills QB's have been historically awful.  I don't think Taylor changes that much at all because we would still have the same problems.  

The excuse for Taylor why we didn't have a passing offense in Buffalo is because of the lack of weapons....still don't have weapons.  Cleveland had better weapons and he lasted until week 3 until he was benched.  

You're essentially saying you think Taylor would have 5 Touchdowns and 16 Interceptions at this stage of the season? That's what our offense has done so far, and you say there wouldn't be much difference. 

Taylor's worst season in Buffalo was last year with the exact same group of receivers and backs as last year he had 14 TDs and 4 Picks. 

Your argument is simply nonsensical. 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes the Bills QB's have been historically awful.  I don't think Taylor changes that much at all because we would still have the same problems.  

The excuse for Taylor why we didn't have a passing offense in Buffalo is because of the lack of weapons....still don't have weapons.  Cleveland had better weapons and he lasted until week 3 until he was benched.  

He would not have the same problem because they would probably be #1 rushing team. So #1 defense and #1 rushing. They'd have two or three more wins.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

"facts are Tyrod went 285/2/0 to win against Tampa. Facts are Tyrod went 213/2/0 to beat Denver"

Facts our Barkley is the only guy to get this kind of stat line in one game this year.

bro, you'd be better off finding a brick wall to beat your head on than talking about the old qb with that character.

I've seen a lot of good points brought up by either "side" in this post as I logged on this morning...…. and then theirs teddy just over there sailing heaters over the backstop into the crowd...

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Peterman had to start after Tyrods ineptitude as well.       I’ll give the rookie 2 years before I start to crucify him.  

I wouldn't base your argument on who this staff chooses to start games on a weekly basis lol. The OP is about what this staff didn't do for starters, what they DID do is go week 1 with Peterman. They're not the guys to go to for quarterback advice

nobody's crucifying Allen. Not about Allen. Would this team make the playoffs with Tyrod? That is the question. We know what happens without.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Has anyone ever not passed for 300 yards va Tampa ? ???

He’s garbage bro.    Hence the benching.  

At least he’s building a nice friendship with Drew Stanton.   

Don’t quote me please.   I’ve had enough.  

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You're essentially saying you think Taylor would have 5 Touchdowns and 16 Interceptions at this stage of the season? That's what our offense has done so far, and you say there wouldn't be much difference. 

Taylor's worst season in Buffalo was last year with the exact same group of receivers and backs as last year he had 14 TDs and 4 Picks. 

Exactly. They'd have far less turnovers and they'd be top 5 if not #1 in rushing. It's would be a completely different team with a couple more wins.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

bro, you'd be better off finding a brick wall to beat your head on than talking about the old qb with that character.

I've seen a lot of good points brought up by either "side" in this post as I logged on this morning...…. and then theirs teddy just over there sailing heaters over the backstop into the crowd...

Eh a way to spend the morning. I like to bring hot takes to a "Tyrod's career = 64 yard Saints game".

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Has anyone ever not passed for 300 yards va Tampa ? ???

He’s garbage bro.    Hence the benching.  

At least he’s building a nice friendship with Drew Stanton.   

Don’t quote me please.   I’ve had enough.  

WE WOULDN"T VS TAMPA THIS YEAR. THAT'S WHAT THE OP IS ABOUT. //EMOJI EMOJI EMOJI EMOJI 

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I wouldn't base your argument on who this staff chooses to start games on a weekly basis lol. The OP is about what this staff didn't do for starters, what they DID do is go week 1 with Peterman. They're not the guys to go to for quarterback advice

nobody's crucifying Allen. Not about Allen. Would this team make the playoffs with Tyrod? That is the question. We know what happens without.

He has no argument. No need to argue with him. 

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

No he would have won on this defense. Different teams dude.

I don't think he would just because we still wouldn't score points.  The biggest excuse that Taylor had was that he didn't have weapons which is why he regressed.  Well, we still don't have weapons and an even worse offensive line....and he holds the ball.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think he would just because we still wouldn't score points.  The biggest excuse that Taylor had was that he didn't have weapons which is why he regressed.  Well, we still don't have weapons and an even worse offensive line....and he holds the ball.  

holds the ball probably for the better. hell this offense would get more first downs running the wildcat exclusively.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

you are significantly downplaying the value of most likely not having 22 to's in just over a half a season. I've read plenty of your stuff around here. you seem smarter than that.

i'm over it at this point. I rarely even bother to come into these threads about the old qb. I really like allen….. but if i'm staying on topic I think its fairly obvious just based on ball protection alone and how that would help the defense, the bills would AT LEAST be in the tail end of the race with the former qb, and a light schedule coming up. I woulda been fine with allen sitting behind that for a year or earning the spot as well. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We would still not move the ball.  Taylor holds the ball, it's his weakness.  We lost Incognito and Wood and they were replaced with trash.

Our running game would suffer which means Taylor would have to win games with actually throwing the ball....that doesn't happen very often with him.  

I see 4 year regression pattern that you're not seeing.

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He would not have the same problem because they would probably be #1 rushing team. So #1 defense and #1 rushing. They'd have two or three more wins.

Right...so McCoy isn't a very good RB.  It was Taylor that made him successful on the ground LOL?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

We would still not move the ball.  Taylor holds the ball, it's his weakness.  We lost Incognito and Wood and they were replaced with trash.

Our running game would suffer which means Taylor would have to win games with actually throwing the ball....that doesn't happen very often with him.  

I see 4 year regression pattern that you're not seeing.

Still significantly better than any of the garbage QBs we've played this year. 

You don't seem to understand how horrible our QBs are. Aside from Matt Barkley, they've all been a complete train wreck. 

• Like (+1) 1

Perhaps the better question is this:  would this be a playoff team with Wood, Incognito and Cordy Glenn?  We have a depleted offensive line and no running game, both of which are much worse than the last 3 years.  If Taylor was our starting QB, we may have one more win and many fewer turnovers, but we would not be a playoff team.  I am a Taylor fan and think he's a quality person and a good NFL player, but he's not a good passing QB.  The Bills made the correct decision to move on and take a step back to try to improve the team for the long term. 

As to Matt Barkley, he played a great game vs. the Jests last week and I take my hat off to him.  As I read in another post this week, EJ Manuel also once had a great game against the Jests.  Fitzy had a lot of great games for us and for other teams.  That doesn't make any of those guys the franchise QB that the Bills and all NFL teams seek.  Allen may or may not turn out to be a franchise QB, but the only way to find out is to watch him play the rest of this year and all of next year.