Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I see them carefully selecting OL in FA.  I think Dawkins & Teller are locks. They'll be evaluating the right side. There really aren't any amazing value wrs in FA next year so hopefully we take a look at Brown or Lamb from Oklahoma? Picking up Deonte was a smart move.

How I would handle it

We appear to be falling into the LT Jonah range in the draft

Dawkins to LG

Get a good C in free agence

Move Teller to RG....also sign a free agent OG in free agency

Draft a OL to give Mills competition

We need to get back to Jordan Mills being our worst offensive linemen lol

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How you know you have terrible wrs: fans gets excited about Deonte Thompson.  Man, this has been a painful offensive year. 

4.3 speed to match to a QB with a big arm. Made some big time plays as a Bill.

Not a stud, but a step toward better philosophical mix of big armed QB and WRs with some real speed (Foster, Thompson, McCloud)

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I think they are looking at as if Allen can just launch it and put some air under it a fast receiver can get under it

See, that would imply he has deep ball accuracy though. Which he has yet to prove. He definitely has the arm strength, but he's bombs usually end up out of bounds on the sideline flankers, and about 5 yards too deep or shorted (when he tries to adjust) for the receiver to make a play. And yes, I'm weighing in the state of our receiver corps when I say this.

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

A 2-7 slice of humble pie tends to ground a HC/GM.

We've been talking about the McD fascination with Peterman but the only real difference between that and Marrone's fascination with Tuel was that the awful QB play cost Marrone a playoff appearance in year one.

McD made the playoffs so he still felt justified for even dumb things like Peterman and the dissection of the WR corps.   Hopefully 2-7 was the sign from God that he needed.   There seems to be more earthly reason in recent moves.

Didn't both QBs have some sort of college video of them doing tricks with passing the ball? 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

How I would handle it

We appear to be falling into the LT Jonah range in the draft

Dawkins to LG

Get a good C in free agence

Move Teller to RG....also sign a free agent OG in free agency

Draft a OL to give Mills competition

We need to get back to Jordan Mills being our worst offensive linemen lol

Definitely behind moving Dawkins to guard. My understanding, btw, is that Teller played a pretty fair C in college as well. 

22 hours ago, folz said:

In the four games before the Jets game (Bears, Pats, Colts, Texans) Kelvin Benjamin was on the field for 75% of the offensive plays 

In the Jets game, Benjamin played just 51% of the offensive snaps

I expect that number to keep dropping after the break, with being inactive a definite possibility down the road. Such a disappointment!

Welcome back Deonte! Apparently you always have a home in either Buff, Baltimore, or Chicago.

[two stints with BAL (3 yrs total), two stints with CHI (3 yrs total), 3rd stint with Bills (2 yrs total)---8 games with DAL]

Just to be that guy...idk how you can classify DT as having 2 Total years here when he played 11games for us last year

and in his first stint here lasted 1 game

he technically hasn’t even lasted 1 full season 

On 11/14/2018 at 3:03 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Love this!!!!

Should have never let him go

They didn't. Dallass made an offer and he choose their offer.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:32 PM, Jauronimo said:

Totally agree.  No idea why they let him walk.

Because if they break his legs they will be charged with assult?

This will open things up a bit more. Not a big name, no crazy spectacular seasons... and he never will have one...

BUT

he is a very good football player, who has improved with experience... good speed, quick feet, can break suddenly which allows for crisp routes

and honestly a knack for the big play... can’t wait to see you next week!

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This will open things up a bit more. Not a big name, no crazy spectacular seasons... and he never will have one...

BUT

he is a very good football player, who hasn’t improved with experience... good speed, quick feet, can break suddenly which allows for crisp routes

and honestly a knack for the big play... can’t wait to see you next week!

And he'll have a QB with a big arm to match that.  I am sooooo glad we now have some speed on our offense.

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

deonte was great at running out of bounds just short of the flag.

decent hands and speed but not the brightest bulb. mediocre move.

Looked like a mediocre move the last time they brought him in, and all he did was put up the best numbers for a Bills WR in 2017.  

Dude was an unexpected bright spot, and yet somehow you find a way to go negative. 

17 of his 27 catches were for first downs.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2018 at 5:36 PM, JPP said:

Not sure of the dynamics but i believe if they keep him they get a comp pick out of it.....so sit his butt the rest of the year instead of some other team picking  him up and we still pay the tab for this sloth.....

There will be no comp picks because number of FAs the Bills will sign.  However his money is guaranteed since it is a 5th year contract so see no need to release him and let him have a live tryout for another team since it appears to be an effort issue.

16 hours ago, Tcali said:

deonte was great at running out of bounds just short of the flag.

decent hands and speed but not the brightest bulb. mediocre move.

And dropping a few passes in crucial moments...JAGS PLAYOFFS!

Never ceases to amaze me how we love the scrap of other teams.