MNF: The NFL Marquee Matchup for Week 11 - KC (9-1) vs. LAR (9-1) at 8:15 PM ET on ESPN

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins the Game?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2018 at 01:15 AM

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Mahomes is a really nice young QB, but I’m starting to think that quite a few QBs could put up awesome numbers in that system, with those weapons.  He makes a lot of mistakes.

WHAT?!?!?   DON'T YOU KNOW HE'S GOING TO BE THE FIRST PLAYER ELECTED TO THE HOF WHILE STILL IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON?!?!?!?

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Mahomes is a really nice young QB, but I’m starting to think that quite a few QBs could put up awesome numbers in that system, with those weapons.  He makes a lot of mistakes.

37 TD’s 10 INT’s with 6 games left.  

“Lot” of mistakes         Tons of dominance 

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You did read all his post right? He said with the weapons around him any good Young QB would excel.  The key for KC is Hill. If Hill gets hurt their season is over, just like if Gurley gets hurt the Rams are toast.  

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Young QBs should be throwing interceptions. They should be taking chances down the field. Watson and Mahomes have thrown 19 INTs between them this year but look at the throws the majority are mistakes trying to push the ball down the field. They are the mistakes you want your young guys making. As they get older and more experienced they will make them less. If they are throwing lots of picks on crossers and out routes you have more of a problem. Taking chances down the field? Yea I never want to tell my young guy not to do that. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You did read all his post right? He said with the weapons around him any good Young QB would excel.  The key for KC is Hill. If Hill gets hurt their season is over, just like if Gurley gets hurt the Rams are toast.  

Yeah, that’s why Alex Smith was putting up these numbers before Mahomes. Because anybody could do it.

32 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sounds like a lot of fake news to me.  

Rams and Chiefs would be just fine after one injury unless it was Goff/Mahomes that went down.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Smith put up great numbers in that offense last year.  

Yea he did and you compare it to the numbers he put up in Washington and it is fair to make the hypothesis that there is a Chiefs offense boost to Mahomes numbers.

But equally Mahomes is putting up better numbers than an established veteran top 15 QB did in that scheme. So you are still left on the same basis with the assumption that Mahomes is really good and playing at a really high level. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Disagree re Gurley.  He’s very good, but they would do just fine with Malcom Brown in there.  On the other hand, there is no one remotely like Hill—totally unguardable with one defender, and he catches everything.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he did and you compare it to the numbers he put up in Washington and it is fair to make the hypothesis that there is a Chiefs offense boost to Mahomes numbers.

But equally Mahomes is putting up better numbers than an established veteran top 15 QB did in that scheme. So you are still left on the same basis with the assumption that Mahomes is really good and playing at a really high level. 

I acknowledged that Mahomes is very good.  He’s more of a gunslinger than Smith, so he’s going to put up gaudier numbers.  Mahomes is undeniably throwing a lot of balls to guys who are “college open” (so is Goff, by the way).  He also gets a lot of yards and TDs dumping the ball off to Hunt, who is an absolute beast after the catch.

• Like (+1) 1

Fun game to watch and  agree with those saying that young QB's with a gunslinger mentality like Mahomes should be forcing the ball which results in interceptions.  A couple of observations:

*  I liked how Mahomes tried to keep the guy out of the end zone after the fluke INT.  Most QB's would have just stood there and watched the defender run it in but Mahomes put some real effort into keeping him out.  It was probably foolish for him to do what he did but I liked the effort. 

*  While the game was fun to watch it wasn't IMO an "instant classic".  Way to many penalties and some of those flags seemed to be for nothing.  I also noticed how late in the game the refs went into a hockey mindset and wouldn't call obvious holds by both teams for fear of impacting the outcome.  I still say one of the biggest problems facing the NFL is to many penalties and even worse the calls are often very inconsistent because so many of the rules are subjective. 

*  I haven't read this thread from the beginning so excuse me if this has already been talked about but did others catch the announcers describing the #1 factor in Goff going from a "bust" his rookie year to being an elite QB today?  They were pretty clear that coaching made all the difference.  Does this apply to the current Bills situation?  I mean any staff that thought Peterman was a starting NFL QB can't exactly be called QB savvy.  

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Fun game to watch and  agree with those saying that young QB's with a gunslinger mentality like Mahomes should be forcing the ball which results in interceptions.  A couple of observations:

*  I liked how Mahomes tried to keep the guy out of the end zone after the fluke INT.  Most QB's would have just stood there and watched the defender run it in but Mahomes put some real effort into keeping him out.  It was probably foolish for him to do what he did but I liked the effort. 

*  While the game was fun to watch it wasn't IMO an "instant classic".  Way to many penalties and some of those flags seemed to be for nothing.  I also noticed how late in the game the refs went into a hockey mindset and wouldn't call obvious holds by both teams for fear of impacting the outcome.  I still say one of the biggest problems facing the NFL is to many penalties and even worse the calls are often very inconsistent because so many of the rules are subjective. 

*  I haven't read this thread from the beginning so excuse me if this has already been talked about but did others catch the announcers describing the #1 factor in Goff going from a "bust" his rookie year to being an elite QB today?  They were pretty clear that coaching made all the difference.  Does this apply to the current Bills situation?  I mean any staff that thought Peterman was a starting NFL QB can't exactly be called QB savvy.  

Great game with a little bit of everything including big plays on both offense and defense in spite of the large shadow the officiating cast on the contest.

Coaching and much better personnel that we have seen the Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, and Bears provide for their young QBs. 

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah, that’s why Alex Smith was putting up these numbers before Mahomes. Because anybody could do it.

Umm he was putting up huge numbers.. did you miss the last three years in KC? The difference is he doesn’t have a cannon arm like Mahommes.  I also didn’t say ANYBODY.. I said any GOOD young QB would excel.. not duplicate or be equal to Mahommes but excel.. as in that O is stacked!! I say again Hill gets hurt they lose in the first round of the playoffs and lose badly! 

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sounds like a lot of fake news to me.  

Rams and Chiefs would be just fine after one injury unless it was Goff/Mahomes that went down.  

Then you totally missed 90% of their games. Both teams run threw Hill and Gurley.  Their is a reason why BOTH are over 1000 yards in O already respectively.  If it wasn’t for Hill the get destroyed last night as well as against NE. Hill is the difference maker on that team, is Mahommes good? Damn yes! Is he the most important player on that O? IMO nope! (And why do people fall back on “fake” news crap now.. lol)

48 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Great post!!

IMO Mahommes was never “bust” possible as we saw him in 1 game and he did well last year so how they can say he was a “bust” is odd.  IMO they set that O up for any good You g QB to succeed. Kielce,Hunt, And Hill are a scary trio!

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm he was putting up huge numbers.. did you miss the last three years in KC? The difference is he doesn’t have a cannon arm like Mahommes.  I also didn’t say ANYBODY.. I said any GOOD young QB would excel.. not duplicate or be equal to Mahommes but excel.. as in that O is stacked!! I say again Hill gets hurt they lose in the first round of the playoffs and lose badly! 

Then you totally missed 90% of their games. Both teams run threw Hill and Gurley.  Their is a reason why BOTH are over 1000 yards in O already respectively.  If it wasn’t for Hill the get destroyed last night as well as against NE. Hill is the difference maker on that team, is Mahommes good? Damn yes! Is he the most important player on that O? IMO nope! (And why do people fall back on “fake” news crap now.. lol)

Great post!!

IMO Mahommes was never “bust” possible as we saw him in 1 game and he did well last year so how they can say he was a “bust” is odd.  IMO they set that O up for any good You g QB to succeed. Kielce,Hunt, And Hill are a scary trio!

Not the case. Smith put up good numbers in KC, but nowhere close to this level:  Alex Smith Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Great post!!

You turned into fake news when you started crapping on Garopolo for getting hurt.   

Mahomes is 50x more important than Hill, lock that in.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1