When $90M isn't really $90M...

29 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Funny every regime has "set this team back blah blah blah"

You can get good in a single offseason if you play your cards right. 

All it takes is for a good draft and off season. Better make it your best this coming draft. Better hope Josh Allen is who you need him to be.

That's not entirely false, so I'll give you that.

What exactly has McD & Beane done so far to give you hope that they can "play their cards right" and overhaul the worst professional football offense in recorded history in one offseason?

Was it hiring Rick Dennison? 

Maybe it was hiring Brian Daboll after Dennison was fired. 

Was it the addition of Jordan Matthews?

Maybe it was the trade for Kelvin Benjamin.

How about signing Mike Tolbert to really give the offense a spark last year?

I'm sure willingly going into the season with Nathan Peterman & Josh Allen at the most important position in professional sports really earned them some serious credibility with you.

If we're being honest, it's building a modern team around a solid, MANLY defense and establishing the line of scrimmage in order to win every game 17-13 that shows that THESE GUYS know what they are doing, right? 

6 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Kind of irrelevant? What? While I do agree a bad team in a small market makes it harder to get some guys and have to "overpay" compared to other teams, saying it's irrelevant is just being a pouty negative crybaby. Which after a stretch of games like this year can be easy to comprehend but come on.

I'm saying it's irrelevant when used to support McD & Beane as an example of one of their "accomplishments". 

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

I hear a lot of the #TeamProcess guys touting how much cap space McD & Beane created & will have available to them to "rebuild" the offense. Apparently that is supposed to serve as evidence that these guys know what they are doing. 

Do you McBeaners really think ANY free agent of any offensive worth will willingly come here for the going market rate? Do you have any idea just how much you're going to have to overpay to even get one of those guys to return your call? 

There is going to be a MASSIVE tax on Free Agent signings for the Bills during the next offseason. That $90M is going to go pretty quick on the marginal-to-mediocre talent that will inevitably sign here. Not to mention that they are only going to bring in guys that know their Scripture passages as well as they know their playbook, so the talent pool is limited to begin with. 

The intelligent & rational among us will soon realize that Free Agency might as well be seen as irrelevant moving forward. McD's ineptitude and arrogance has set this team back 5-8 years, at least.

I kind of agree here. The Bills are absolutely paying a premium for offensive guys. They will get some guys to help the team but they aren’t doing it at the going rate. A guy like Roger Saffold is the perfect example. He’s a guy that I think that the Bills should go after but if he is offered the same contract by the Bills and the Rams he’s staying. The Bills probably have to pay 15-20% more than he is getting with a good team. It is still worth it in my opinion but it isn’t ideal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

So you don't think that the Bills will have any problem signing quality FAs?

They will have zero problems signing players.

Free agency is the big pay day for established younger players, and for aging vets. 

The older guys may want to chase a ring but that’s not the guys they want anyways. 

Money talks. Best offer wins.

Basically every single team in the nfl overpays in free agency. We will overpay some guys as well. Some guys (Brown in Bal) elect to sign one year “prove it” deals because their market value is too low. In his specific case he may have been smart. A 3 year deal in buffalo could be equal to the one year in Baltimore. His stats started out good this year, so his guaranteed money will go up a lot next year as long as he stays healthy and productive this season, meaning if buffalo wants to offer him a contract next offseason it’ll probably have to be double what it was this past offseason. 

I think they have zero issues bringing in quality free agents. 

We don’t need a #1 receiver, just some weapons. 

Very few teams actually have a true #1 receiver. 

We need some speed, some reliability, and an upgrade on overall talent at receiver, tight end, and offensive line. 

Given the current group do you really think it’s that hard to find better talent? There are going to be guys available, they just might not be superstar house hold names. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

That's not entirely false, so I'll give you that.

What exactly has McD & Beane done so far to give you hope that they can "play their cards right" and overhaul the worst professional football offense in recorded history in one offseason?

Was it hiring Rick Dennison? 

Maybe it was hiring Brian Daboll after Dennison was fired. 

Was it the addition of Jordan Matthews?

Maybe it was the trade for Kelvin Benjamin.

How about signing Mike Tolbert to really give the offense a spark last year?

I'm sure willingly going into the season with Nathan Peterman & Josh Allen at the most important position in professional sports really earned them some serious credibility with you.

If we're being honest, it's building a modern team around a solid, MANLY defense and establishing the line of scrimmage in order to win every game 17-13 that shows that THESE GUYS know what they are doing, right? 

I'm saying it's irrelevant when used to support McD & Beane as an example of one of their "accomplishments". 

They haven't given me much other then the defense is about to be the best for a little while with Edmunds his second year will be scary for other teams. Only 21...

I think they need to overhaul the offense with 10 picks and a ton of cap it can be done if they have the best evaluation season. 

I really have to give them one more year with the QB THEY chose... next year though better make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They will have zero problems signing players.

Free agency is the big pay day for established younger players, and for aging vets. 

The older guys may want to chase a ring but that’s not the guys they want anyways. 

Money talks. Best offer wins.

Basically every single team in the nfl overpays in free agency. We will overpay some guys as well. Some guys (Brown in Bal) elect to sign one year “prove it” deals because their market value is too low. In his specific case he may have been smart. A 3 year deal in buffalo could be equal to the one year in Baltimore. His stats started out good this year, so his guaranteed money will go up a lot next year as long as he stays healthy and productive this season, meaning if buffalo wants to offer him a contract next offseason it’ll probably have to be double what it was this past offseason. 

I think they have zero issues bringing in quality free agents. 

We don’t need a #1 receiver, just some weapons. 

Very few teams actually have a true #1 receiver. 

We need some speed, some reliability, and an upgrade on overall talent at receiver, tight end, and offensive line. 

Given the current group do you really think it’s that hard to find better talent? There are going to be guys available, they just might not be superstar house hold names. 

Will there be enough quality players out there to fill the holes we need? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Will there be enough quality players out there to fill the holes we need? 

Between draft and free agency I don’t see why not. 

Still might be lacking a little depth, but no reason we can’t see a giant improvement in talent and skill level 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Offensive line through FA, lower level WR that are more consistent. Draft 2 of the best WRs early 

You grab 2 WRs early and ignore the o-line and holy cow....

ahhhhh, it doesn’t matter....

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You grab 2 WRs early and ignore the o-line and holy cow....

ahhhhh, it doesn’t matter....

Rebuild the offensive line with players already established... dont want a bunch of rookies protecting Allen, replace gradually for that part.

You see now more WRs making big impacts in their rookie years.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Rebuild the offensive line with players already established... dont want a bunch of rookies protecting Allen, replace gradually for that part.

You see now more WRs making big impacts in their rookie years.

There is no answer, we just sit here and say thanks may we have another

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The Browns and Bucs haven't made the playoffs in roughly a combined 30 years and they still make big signings seemingly every offseason. Buffalo will be able to sign guys if they want to.

Who are these big signings? DeSean Jackson? Who I like but I'm just trying to think of the big signings these teams make.

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Who are these big signings? DeSean Jackson? Who I like but I'm just trying to think of the big signings these teams make.

Most of them tend to not work out, but dating back to 2011:

Tampa:

Ryan Jensen - arguably the #1 center on the market at the time

DeSean Jackson

Robert Ayers

Brent Grimes

Michael Johnson

Anthony Collins

Alterraun Verner

Vincent Jackson

Carl Nicks

Eric Wright

Cleveland:

Chris Hubbard

Travis Carrie

Carlos Hyde

Kevin Zeitler

Kenny Britt

Tramon Williams

Donte Whitner

Karlos Dansby

Paul Kruger

Desmond Bryant

All these guys were considered to be pretty big signings at the time.

• Like (+1) 1