Just have to write this out to believe it (QBs)

ShipUPride

41 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cap is cap whether it’s dead or alive I don’t care. I’d rather get rid of it all in one fell swoop in 2018 then let it linger for the next five years. Like a bandaid...RIGHT OFF.

Ragland is a bum and trading Darby got us Harrison Phillips who I’d much rather have for the next four years than having Darby for one. But keep crying those tears if it makes you feel better.

hOW DO other teams get by without ripping the band aid ... RIGHT OFF?

Somehow Atlanta can afford to pay Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and sign Sanu for 32.5 mil and Freeman at 8 mil per.  How can Denver afford to pay D Thomas and Von Miller and still be able to sign Case for 30 mil?  Not buying the band aid theory. Smoke and mirrors.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

hOW DO other teams get by with ripping the band aid ... RIGHT OFF?

Somehow Atlanta can afford to pay Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and sign Sanu for 32.5 mil and Freeman at 8 mil per?  How can Denver afford to pay D Thomas and Von Miller and still be able to sign Case for 30 mil?  Not buying the band aid theory. Smoke and mirrors.

Are you actually putting Reggie Ragland, Marcel Dareus and Ron Darby in the same category as those players?

Good Lord.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Are you actually putting Reggie Ragland, Marcel Dareus and Ron Darby in the same category as those players?

Good Lord.

No. Ragland and Darby were cheap.

dAREUS is a good player.  IIRC he sacked our QB in the playoffs.  How does it make sense cap wise to pay him AND Star to play one position?

11 minutes ago, JPP said:

We shall see......really no choice about it since they completely ignored it starting this season up to recent......but i dont trust his evaluations on that side of the ball......he needs to know that there are 30 other teams in the nfl besides his own team and the panthers.....

Agreed.

His offensive evaluations have been horrible. Pretty much everything he's done on that side of the ball has been a complete failure. 

Personally I don't want him being the one to try and upgrade the O this summer, because there's no evidence that he'll be able to do it. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

His offensive evaluations have been horrible. Pretty much everything he's done on that side of the ball has been a complete failure. 

Personally I don't want him being the one to try and upgrade the O this summer, because there's no evidence that he'll be able to do it. 

exactly right down to the o line coach.......

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

No. Ragland and Darby were cheap.

dAREUS is a good player.  IIRC he sacked our QB in the playoffs.  How does it make sense cap wise to pay him AND Star to play one position?

Because (a) his play was not nearly at the level of the salary we were paying him, (b) the team saved $56 million in cap space by trading him, and (c) after this season all of the Dareus dead cap will vanish for good.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Because (a) his play was not nearly at the level of the salary we were paying him, (b) the team saved $56 million in cap space by trading him, and (c) after this season all of the Dareus dead cap will vanish for good.

Do you think any free agent is going to be compensated fairly for their pay or will buffalo have to overpay?

4 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

In the 24 games since McDermott got here... we have started the following QBs:

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Nathan Peterman - 5 Games (after this week)

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

Joe Webb - 0 Games (Played in 1)

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

Nothing that hasn't been stated already, but this is downright unbelievable. 

soon you can add to that list Logan Thomas and Terelle Pryor....we currently have 6 qbs on the roster...

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Can’t wait to see Peterman again. He might be a diamond in the rough

Every time he goes out there I think it can’t possibly be as bad as last time and it always is.

59 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Anybody here remember how good Jeff Tuel looked in preseason?  The Bills were afraid to put him on the practice squad because they were sure someone would steal  him.

Also, Tuel played serviceable the game he was in. He had bad luck on his pick six. Much better than Peterman has ever played. 

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I hope it works.

But then again, i don't go to Vegas and play roulette.  I'm a bird in hand guy.

Edited by reddogblitz

I wonder how many picks Peterman will have if he plays the entire game against Chicago?

Hey, maybe he sets a new NFL record for most picks in a game! After that I gotta wonder if he stays on the roster very long ...or if McD strings up Daboll by his cojones?

Until Beane starts adding to this offense it does not matter who plays QB. Allen has been the only real addition. WR core has gotten worse since he was hired and so did the Oline. Seems like we just keep stock piling draft picks. Players win on the field not picks.

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

In hindsight?  Pushing hard to sign Teddy Bridgewater and using all that draft capital to improve the OL and WR. 

Going after Bridgewater was the obvious answer, regardless of the draft

no hingsight needed.