NO points... AGAIN!!!

Braveheart

Lol. This is seriously a joke. 0-3 points at the half...Again...for who knows how many games. 6 points total. OC needs to go! Since week 1! Team had plenty of chances to make plays on D- 3 dropped picks, missed fumble recovery. Gotta make plays. Make a play. 1 play.

2 plays:

1) 3rd & 8 and you run it!??? You're not fooling anyone trying to outsmart the Defense. You pass it for the first down and go for the Touchdown!

2) Big pass play to Benjamin. Next play, you run wildcat for -5!??? Terribleee play calling. With the momentum of a big play- You pass it again across the middle! Go after them and score a TD!

OC needs to go. I should call the plays and I'll take this team to the promised land!

• Like (+1) 1

Well I think this offense sucks as a whole.  I'm willing to give daboll more time.  Theres very little talent here and you have a guy who was playing golf two weeks ago as your QB.  I think the better question is why we have DA playing QB? The QB situation here at the moment is about as bad as it can be. 

Not excusing the guy but this whole offense sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

Not hard to find a reason why an OC is struggling with exactly zero qualified WRs, no OL, a 5th round QB from last year, then a rookie QB, and now a 200 year old vet QB that hasn't played since the Bush adminiatration and just got here 17 days ago.

Daboll is not even on the top 10 list of our problems.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Not hard to find a reason why an OC is struggling with exactly zero qualified WRs, no OL, a 5th round QB from last year, then a rookie QB, and now a 200 year old vet QB that hasn't played since the Bush adminiatration and just got here 17 days ago.

Nonsense. As OC your job is to put players in position to make plays! This guy's offense sucks and doesn't maximize the talent that they do have! As OC your job is to gain yards and score points in EVERY game like the rest of the league, or at the very least score points in SOME games. Not NO points in 7 games! Like I said, I should call the plays and Bills win this game easily!

1 minute ago, Braveheart said:

Nonsense. As OC your job is to put players in position to make plays! This guy's offense sucks and doesn't maximize the talent that they do have! As OC your job is to gain yards and score points in EVERY game like the rest of the league, or at the very least score points in SOME games. Not NO points in 7 games! Like I said, I should call the plays and Bills win this game easily!

How hard is it to understand that you can draw up the play....but the players have to execute it and our offensive talent is VERY BAD

Cant run a screen to save our lives

Cant pickup up the middle blitzes (blitz protection starts inside and you work your way out.....we are giving up INSIDE BLITZ SACKS

Nobody can get consistant separation....players are not open when they need to be

And this happens EVERY WEEK

Until the team retools the offense with wide receivers that are actually NFL talent and a offensive line that Shady doent run into the ass of the back of his offensive linemen and fall down because they cant run block....until we get blocking at the 2nd level....until we are not playing a retired golfer and a guy that cant stay away from throwing interceptions on the out route

We will continue to see this.....DEBOLL DOES NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO RUN HIS OFFENSE

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

You're right!  Our problems begin and end with McBeane!

They've created every reason why we suck that you mentioned.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

You're right!  Our problems begin and end with McBeane!

They've created every reason why we suck that you mentioned.

They really did create this..its not worth arguing over all the disastrous moves they made, simply look at the product.  For those who hang into all the draft picks and salary...good luck I hope you are right, bimo, this is a major fail

• Like (+1) 1

Talent versus coaching can be debated endlessly, but the empirical evidence shows that we have an offensive coordinator who has never had success anywhere he's been. The last time Brian Daboll was an NFL offensive coordinator was the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. It was the only offense this decade to average fewer than 14 points per game (we're currently far worse at only 10.9 ppg). That 2-14 Chiefs team had Jamaal Charles at running back, Dwayne Bowe at wide receiver, 4 year starter Matt Cassel at QB, etc. Certainly enough talent to score every once in a while. The next season with mostly the same players (although with Alex Smith at QB) and Andy Reid calling plays, the Chiefs went 11-5, made the playoffs, and had one of the league's better offenses.

Of course we need more talent on offense, no one would argue otherwise. But, 4.5 seasons with 4 different teams and there is simply no evidence that Daboll has any idea what he is doing as an offensive coordinator. I have no doubt he could do better with more talent, but so could the universe of other potential offensive coordinators. The real question is: could someone else do better with this exact same collection of players? I think the answer is "yes."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/15/brian-daboll-somehow-able-find-meaningful-nfl-work-2018/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

There's very little talent here

Just now, October 1918 said:

4.5 seasons with 4 different teams and there is simply no evidence that Daboll has any idea what he is doing as an offensive coordinator

Spot on.....and who's responsible for this ?

(I hate blaming the Pegulas)

20 minutes ago, October 1918 said:

Talent versus coaching can be debated endlessly, but the empirical evidence shows that we have an offensive coordinator who has never had success anywhere he's been. The last time Brian Daboll was an NFL offensive coordinator was the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. It was the only offense this decade to average fewer than 14 points per game (we're currently far worse at only 10.9 ppg). That 2-14 Chiefs team had Jamaal Charles at running back, Dwayne Bowe at wide receiver, 4 year starter Matt Cassel at QB, etc. Certainly enough talent to score every once in a while. The next season with mostly the same players (although with Alex Smith at QB) and Andy Reid calling plays, the Chiefs went 11-5, made the playoffs, and had one of the league's better offenses.

Of course we need more talent on offense, no one would argue otherwise. But, 4.5 seasons with 4 different teams and there is simply no evidence that Daboll has any idea what he is doing as an offensive coordinator. I have no doubt he could do better with more talent, but so could the universe of other potential offensive coordinators. The real question is: could someone else do better with this exact same collection of players? I think the answer is "yes."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/15/brian-daboll-somehow-able-find-meaningful-nfl-work-2018/

Right now I'm sure Daboll is wishing he could go back to Bama.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

How hard is it to understand that you can draw up the play....but the players have to execute it and our offensive talent is VERY BAD

Cant run a screen to save our lives

Cant pickup up the middle blitzes (blitz protection starts inside and you work your way out.....we are giving up INSIDE BLITZ SACKS

Nobody can get consistant separation....players are not open when they need to be

And this happens EVERY WEEK

Until the team retools the offense with wide receivers that are actually NFL talent and a offensive line that Shady doent run into the ass of the back of his offensive linemen and fall down because they cant run block....until we get blocking at the 2nd level....until we are not playing a retired golfer and a guy that cant stay away from throwing interceptions on the out route

We will continue to see this.....DEBOLL DOES NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO RUN HIS OFFENSE

It is the offensive coordinators job to put these players in a position to win. You want to say the players he has aren’t executing? Who’s fault is that? His players are not physically that substandard to the rest of the teams we play. We’re talking about a historically terrible offense here in a renaissance era of the passing game. 

Im not saying the players aren’t some of the problem. And neither is Daboll for all of it. But the offense runs through him. Regardless who the players are, they aren’t getting the job done and he is in control of it. He needs to go. 

with all that said, I actually thought he did decent tonight as far as the play calls. Wasn’t perfect and too many trickery plays. A few wildcats is ok but as much as they ran it, they weren’t fooling anyone. Same with the lame running on first down over 50% of the time. 

When Allen comes back, I don’t want to see anything but deep throws. We suck so bad it doesn’t matter. Have Allen go out there and just heave it as far as he can on every single play. If we don’t get it, punt. We’d have much better luck. And Allen needs to learn to take chances as well as get some practice on his deep ball. 

34 minutes ago, October 1918 said:

I knew it could be done without the dreaded rebuild. 

Some of you guys dont understand. You can have the greatest scheme in the history of the NFL but without the players scheme is almost worthless. The Patriots aren't doing it with scheme. Derek Anderson or NP as the Patriot's QBs wouldn't have the record Brady does. I saw Daboll trying to throw new wrinkles in but there are NO weapons. No oline, no decent qb, and no decent wide receivers.  

1 hour ago, Braveheart said:

It's one thing to put players in positions to make plays and another to make miracles, the fact that this offense was keeping up until the end was a miracle in itself, you do understand our veteran QB even being a veteran was on the couch at home with his family now he is the starter of our football team, it's crazy that they didn't put up another 40 burger on us. I just feel for the defense who usually is the reason were in these games in the first place.