McDermott doing WGR coach's show at 5pm on Gameday?

zow2

Did I hear that right?  He declined to push his WGR show back to Tuesday and wants to walk over to the stage in front of the Fieldhouse at 5pm and sit with Schopp. 

If that is correct it makes me think he doesn't want to have to discuss post-game New England. If it's a Win it would be a great discussion.  If it's the expected loss, he probably doesn't feel like hearing,,,  why does your team get blown out so much?, Why does your offense suck?, etc...     Futhermore, they might be dealing McCoy, KB, etc.. and maybe he doesn't want to have to field live questions about it on air.  

Edited by zow2

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You’re thinking too hard. The foil on your head is actually heating up.

Probably right!   if I'm McD,  and have an obligation to do radio gig, I'd want to get it out of the way too...especially pre-game when I'm in a good mood and hyped up.  It's just unusual. 

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Did I hear that right?  He declined to push his WGR show back to Tuesday and wants to walk over to the stage in front of the Fieldhouse at 5pm and sit with Schopp. 

If that is correct it makes me think he doesn't want to have to discuss post-game New England. If it's a Win it would be a great discussion.  If it's the expected loss, he probably doesn't feel like hearing,,,  why does your team get blown out so much?, Why does your offense suck?, etc...     Futhermore, they might be dealing McCoy, KB, etc.. and maybe he doesn't want to have to field live questions about it on air.  

Or he's got a short week to prepare for Chicago, and doesn't want the distraction of a rescheduled radio show.

43 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or he's got a short week to prepare for Chicago, and doesn't want the distraction of a rescheduled radio show.

This is probably true, in the most saddest, forest-through-the-trees sort of way.   

As in: "Gosh ... IDK ... Tuesdays are really full and 5pm is usually the time I spend with Daboll and his adjunct assistant backup fullbacks coordinator, reviewing the video and talking about how DiMarco can better block inside so Ivory can get 2 yards instead of 3 between the tackles so we can better set up the punt."  

While McVay + Co. are reviewing analytics, drawing up another fake punt, scheming up another downfield crossing route that opens up the field and has a high chance of netting a defensive PI flag even if the pass isn't caught.   Annoyed that they aren't scoring more.

"Sorry guys, too busy to spend 20mins talking with customers."

Edited by MRM33064

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

That is the correct answer, confirmed by McD

This idiot host on WGR would be punched in the face by Belichick. Guy shows no respect to McDermott. His questions are childish. No real host would be asking a head coach about trade rumors 2 hours before a game. And his childish "tardy" comments about Gordon, which he brought up because McDermott was a little late for his interview are a joke. That host is a clown.

Edited by Kevin1778
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

That is the correct answer, confirmed by McD

Not like it was tough to figure out: assume I'm not the most important person in the universe.  Ergo, McDermott doesn't have to explain the NE game to me.  Ergo, what other, non-me reason does McDermott have to not reschedule?

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

Yes idiot. Because the official one he does isn't enough.

MmmK , “ idiot. “ (. I use quotes in deference to DC Tom )This is a Bills message board, and varying opinions will be expressed. Many will be different than your own. The Bills HC has an agreement with WGR to do a show following games, in addition to the one mandated by the league. I doubt he is forced to do this. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

MmmK , “ idiot. “ (. I use quotes in deference to DC Tom )This is a Bills message board, and varying opinions will be expressed. Many will be different than your own. The Bills HC has an agreement with WGR to do a show following games, in addition to the one mandated by the league. I doubt he is forced to do this. 

Apologize for idiot comment, but he is not dodging questions. He has an official press conference. He has a game against the Bears Sunday. Do we want him talking on the radio or preparing for a game where the team he is playing has an extra day of preparation.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I actually thought the opposite. I thought he probably wanted to see the tailgating and all the fans