Bills Being Very Active approaching Trade Deadline?

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I'm changing my mind to thinking that they should trade him. On around half of his runs, it seems, he's getting slammed right away in the backfield. Those are no-chance plays and teams know to key on him. You can see what he can still do when gets out in space on passes, but he's useless in the run game because opponents have zero respect for the passing game. He can obviously be a successful player, but not here. It depends on whether one thinks he can be a valuable contributor next year. 

I agree.  If there was true interest from Philly 2 weeks ago, then that was the time to trade him.  He's losing value by the week.  He'll be a salary dump soon.

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Chances are we are going to end up overpaying FA WRs and OLmen to come and play here this offseason

Maybe but I’m sure they aren’t going to pay more than 14 -16 mil/yr for Calvin Ridley or Tyler Lockett. 

If folks want to grouse over mistakes past Woods is a Waaaaaay better WR then Sam. And it’s not even close. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It was McD who ran the offseason and the Draft. And also Just like with Beane makes every call there too. Because you dont hire a HC before GM and think he is going to take a back seat to your GM. 

Facts. 

That’s actually speculation. Pegs might have decided. Overdorf might have decided. To borrow your phrase, the one with no clue here is you. 

Also Sammy lol. You pick the smartest thing the bills have done in the past few year and harp on THAT? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe but I’m sure they aren’t going to pay more than 14 -16 mil/yr for Calvin Ridley or Tyler Lockett. 

If folks want to grouse over mistakes past Woods is a Waaaaaay better WR then Sam. And it’s not even close. 

BTW, I wasn't saying that to poke at you; my comment just tied into your post a little bit. 

I am concerned about this offseason and how we can get WRs especially here with our QB situation (Garbage backups & yet-to-be developed rookie) as it currently stands. The market will be competitive for these guys and we will not be a top choice unless we overpay. IIRC, last year we ran into that with OLmen...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

BTW, I wasn't saying that to poke at you; my comment just tied into your post a little bit. 

I am concerned about this offseason and how we can get WRs especially here with our QB situation (Garbage backups & yet-to-be developed rookie) as it currently stands. The market will be competitive for these guys and we will not be a top choice unless we overpay. IIRC, last year we ran into that with OLmen...

I get the point. These guys are heading for 4-6 wins. That’s not the best recruiting headline you coukd ask for.  Nor is trust us, Josh will be good next year. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s actually speculation. Pegs might have decided. Overdorf might have decided. To borrow your phrase, the one with no clue here is you. 

Also Sammy lol. You pick the smartest thing the bills have done in the past few year and harp on THAT? 

Ok Overdorf decided. Or Pegula Decided. That actually is worse than McD deciding. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Chances are we are going to end up overpaying FA WRs and OLmen to come and play here this offseason

I’m good with that. Everyone overpaid to some degree in FA, bad teams need to do it a little more. When KB is gone they will have very little spent on those two position groups as a % of their cap, so they can pay more on the open market.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m good with that. Everyone overpaid to some degree in FA, bad teams need to do it a little more. When KB is gone they will have very little spent on those two position groups as a % of their cap, so they can pay more on the open market.

Last couple years, we have been turned down in FA and I am a bit concerned about that this year as well, especially on the offensive side of the ball. How do we convince the first decent WR  (let's assume a WR2) to sign with us over other teams with a more established QB situation and better offense? More players may follow after you get some talent, right now there is none. I have been coming around more to the keep Shady and trade for D. Thomas way of thinking to accumulate some talent that won't be here too long to "prime-the-pump" for FA signings. Our QB situation is also going to cause a lot of balk from the WR group as well. I'm concerned

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Last couple years, we have been turned down in FA and I am a bit concerned about that this year as well, especially on the offensive side of the ball. How do we convince the first decent WR  (let's assume a WR2) to sign with us over other teams with a more established QB situation and better offense? More players may follow after you get some talent, right now there is none. I have been coming around more to the keep Shady and trade for D. Thomas way of thinking to accumulate some talent that won't be here too long to "prime-the-pump" for FA signings. Our QB situation is also going to cause a lot of balk from the WR group as well. I'm concerned

That is why I constantly talk about trading for a veteran WR. They have to add one somehow, trade for someone with at least another year on his deal is  going to be the path of least resistance. They cannot depend on FA to yield a decent experienced WR.  Of course they will draft one too but you can’t just add rookies at that position. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is why I constantly talk about trading for a veteran WR. They have to add one somehow, trade for someone with at least another year on his deal is  going to be the path of least resistance. They cannot depend on FA to yield a decent experienced WR.  Of course they will draft one too but you can’t just add rookies at that position. 

You are correct.

There are 2 paths to turnover a roster, the way we are doing it and Oakland's. With Oakland, you dump it all in one shot and move on quickly; we went the 3 year route of slowly turning over the roster and attempting to be somewhat competitive. With the path we chose, you need the older vets to supplement the youth movement. We are in a bind this offseason with it being a heavy defensive draft and not a great offensive draft and the FA class isn't awesome; not an ideal situation. I would hope that we don't bypass talent in RD1 to be cute and try to fill holes...

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are there even good wrs available in Free Agency next year? 

Doesnt look like it. 

Edited by PittsforDave

18 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The rebuild doesn’t work if you get logical. Stop being negative and celebrate!!

Just now, PittsforDave said:

Are there even good wrs available in Free Agency this year? 

Doesnt look like it. 

Thats why the rebuild will take 8 years. And if you ain’t on board you ain’t a fan !!!!  Hahahaha!!!

1 minute ago, boco357 said:

And if we get those picks, we will have more picks than points the last two games!

Anyone who didn’t see this coming is a moron! 

22 hours ago, stuvian said:

if we can get a 3rd for Shady I say yes

since Daboll has no clue how to use him, and this O-line can't block for him, I'd agree.  Perhaps Green Bay and Eagles get into a bidding war.  Ivory is actually better suited for this OL. 

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

anyone you'd recommend at WR?  All the ones I'd trade for have expiring contracts at the end of this season. 

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

since Daboll has no clue how to use him, and this O-line can't block for him, I'd agree.  Perhaps Green Bay and Eagles get into a bidding war.  Ivory is actually better suited for this OL. 

anyone you'd recommend at WR?  All the ones I'd trade for have expiring contracts at the end of this season. 

why not get creative and trade shady for a WR.  Enough f'in draft picks. 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I get the point. These guys are heading for 4-6 wins. That’s not the best recruiting headline you coukd ask for.  Nor is trust us, Josh will be good next year. 

Where in the hell do you see anywhere near 6 wins?? They'll be lucky to win a third lol

REAL active.....signing an injured WR that the WR-starved Jets released.  Lmao this franchise

12 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Where in the hell do you see anywhere near 6 wins?? They'll be lucky to win a third lol

REAL active.....signing an injured WR that the WR-starved Jets released.  Lmao this franchise

Jets, dolphins, reeling jags, lions are marginal. I could see Josh starting and finding 2-4 more wins in there somewhere. If he’s not back by the jags or jets, then I revise down to 1-3, if out the season then it’s 0-2

• Like (+1) 1