I was a good citizen

boyst

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh, so someone has to be “ghetto” to be crazy enough to shoot you or stab you?  Pretty ignorant statement if you ask me.

No they certainly don't have to be ghetto for sure.    I am just point out that it is logically silly to assume you are likely to get shot in that scenario.   You aren't.   In some situations your odds of getting shot are higher (like perhaps in a situation where you are in a ghetto or another higher risk scenario)   I don't see this is one of those high risk scenarios. 

But regardless of whether the odds were very high or very low, I still applaud any citizen who has the balls to stand up against it as it is happening and actually take action.   I think it was the right thing to do.  I wish more people had the courage to do so.    There would be less crime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

No they certainly don't have to be ghetto for sure.    I am just point out that it is logically silly to assume you are likely to get shot in that scenario.   You aren't.   In some situations your odds of getting shot are higher (like perhaps in a situation where you are in a ghetto or another higher risk scenario)   I don't see this is one of those high risk scenarios. 

But regardless of whether the odds were very high or very low, I still applaud any citizen who has the balls to stand up against it as it is happening and actually take action.   I think it was the right thing to do.  I wish more people had the courage to do so.    There would be less crime.

That's all I am saying.

I lean left (classic: labor, classic conservation, equal rights, etc...)  Sound conservative. You are spot on.  The elites don't care, they can use $$$ to escape the reality of these situations.  Who cares if inadequate loss prevention drives up prices.  They buy their way out of it while the working slob digs deeper into the abyss... Suffering from retail/food deserts, educational wastelands where nobody has skin in their community they serve.  It's their right to buy their way out.  Until the boosters come prowling around their bought sanctuaries everything is find and dandy and everybody should just get along.

This is where I break strongly from My Liberal nut job base (believe it or not, they are worse than me.).  FWIW, justna matter of time it happens to them.

1 hour ago, teef said:

you and me both.  i've got ***** to do.  if a big box store can't handle themselves, i'm not going to bust out with an S on my chest and help them.  there's far more bad than good that can come out of this.

that's the point.  you never know.  it's not like someone was in danger and being harmed that needed help to survive.  we're talking stolen goods.  tell someone and call the cops.  anything beyond that is just foolish when it comes to thieves...unless they were stealing from you.

***** in my mind I'd have been justified to shoot the guy in the head.  But, I'm an *****.

In my situation, I was having a bad week. So when I heard the HD LP person yelling for help, and saw I could help out, I jumped into action, along with three other guys. Together we took down two perps. The cops got their getaway driver who left them behind. That one incident helped turn my week around, I was glad I jumped in to help, and I would probably do it again if able. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

***** in my mind I'd have been justified to shoot the guy in the head.  But, I'm an *****.

oh...the guy was a scumbag.  thieves are gross.  i wasn't criticizing your actions either.  i'm just someone that if it doesn't involve me, i don't care, (which isn't a great attitude to have).

On 10/30/2018 at 2:44 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I find your logic meandering and silly.  Okay, well then what about your responsibility to your family to, you know, stay alive and put food on the table...love your wife...provide your children with love and guidance?

How would your family feel if you got greased by some dirtbag in the HD parking lot while trying to be a hero in stopping some petty crime?  

Further, how do you think a police officer would respond if you asked them how they would feel about you intervening in a similar situation?  I suspect they would tell you to stay safe and call the police...maybe get the plate number if you could?

a good part of what is wrong with society today. there was a day and time where we took care of one another. no wonder we're all *****. 

meh, leave it for someone else to take care of.

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

a good part of what is wrong with society today. there was a day and time where we took care of one another. no wonder we're all *****. 

society is many stories deep in flaws but letting someone else take care of it results in over policing and then the cries of abuse of police states and reliance upon oversight by those not actively involved with the community.

By no means am I anyone to look at for an example in society or a role model but I will, when given the opportunity now, allow for a greater good.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Foxx said:

We’re not talking about an old lady getting mugged here.  We’re not taking about a child being abducted.  We’re talking about a dirtbag (probably drug addict) stealing some tools from Lowe’s.  I’ll come to the defense of an old lady being assaulted or a child who needs my help, but when it comes to petty theft I’m staying out of it.  Not worth the risk.

When I worked at a furniture store on Lyell Ave in Rochester, we used to get these “boosters” at the store all the time trying to sell stolen goods.  All crack/meth heads.  All folks who would slit your throat for 10 bucks.  No thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

We’re not talking about an old lady getting mugged here.  We’re not taking about a child being abducted.  We’re talking about a dirtbag (probably drug addict) stealing some tools from Lowe’s.  I’ll come to the defense of an old lady being assaulted or a child who needs my help, but when it comes to petty theft I’m staying out of it.  Not worth the risk.

When I worked at a furniture store on Lyell Ave in Rochester, we used to get these “boosters” at the store all the time trying to sell stolen goods.  All crack/meth heads.  All folks who would slit your throat for 10 bucks.  No thanks.

if these ***** knew that they were going to be confronted, they wouldn't be doing half the ***** they do.

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if these ***** knew that they were going to be confronted, they wouldn't be doing half the ***** they do.

You’re obviously not familiar with the mentality of a crackhead ?

These are not rational thinking people.  They don’t care about being confronted.  Hell, they don’t even care about being arrested.  These people are not robbing from Lowe’s to bolster their tool collection.  They’re doing it to sell the stuff to get money to buy drugs.  Try and stand in the way of a crackhead and getting their fix.  I’ll see you on the news.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They probably would say, when does the life insurance check arrive. LoL...

I’m pretty sure my term policies have expired, as I don’t need to replace my now non-existent income so.....jokes on them!   

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is complete bull *****.  LAMP city.  Who the hell would go out of his way to thwart a tool theft from a big box store?

We got Colton Schmidt back today!

Not sure about HD tools, but I remember when Super Mario was the hottest Christmas present, and all the stores were running out, the lines were long then the games were gone....then these shenanigans erupted! Parking lot festivities ensued!     ?

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is complete bull *****.  LAMP city.  Who the hell would go out of his way to thwart a tool theft from a big box store?

A good citizen who cares?

Is that so bad.  Maybe He's got a little Barney Fife in him, Mayberry R.F.D. (Rural Free Delivery)... 

Is that so bad to NOT be apathetic?

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A good citizen who cares?

Is that so bad.  Maybe He's got a little Barney Fife in him, Mayberry R.F.D. (Rural Free Delivery)... 

Is that so bad to NOT be apathetic?

I care about my family more than I care about a blip that won’t even register on a Home Depot register. I’ll take video or do what nominal thing I can unless it’s egregious, but there are too many peeps on PCP or something else with a gun for me to get too involved. I wish I didn’t know quite so much about this, but I know it's not worth it. I promise. Loss of life is not worth it....for stuff. I’ve seen the drug parade, had loved ones shot. This is a no brainer. 

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I care about my family more than I care about a blip that won’t even register on a Home Depot register. I’ll take video or do what nominal thing I can unless it’s egregious, but there are too many peeps on PCP or something else with a gun for me to get too involved. I wish I didn’t know quite so much about this, but I know it's not worth it. I promise. Loss of life is not worth it....for stuff. I’ve seen the drug parade, had loved ones shot. This is a no brainer. 

Lowe's.  It's Lowe's.

I do too care about me la familia!

Yet, gotta respect the hustle Boyst shows towards his civic responsibility... The moxie, elan & flair!

I am serious, Society needs more guys like Him so We can watch on the 10:00 news!

Take good with the bad.

?

33 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Lowe's.  It's Lowe's.

I do too care about me la familia!

Yet, gotta respect the hustle Boyst shows towards his civic responsibility... The moxie, elan & flair!

I am serious, Society needs more guys like Him so We can watch on the 10:00 news!

Take good with the bad.

?

The shooting might make the news. A Lowes caper will probably not get funeral coverage. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

You are a loose cannon with anger issues....always on the defense and demanding to be right.Get yourself on....maybe Ativan.

Bwaha. You've never met me and I doubt you ever will but this is a hilarious take to share.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I did. And it's not lamp city. It's materialized to what I expected.