Tank losers, that record is part of history.

3u751k

I'm watching every Bills game.  I don't give a f#ck anymore.

I'd rather the Bills be 3 - 13 and make teams earn every point, other than watching them surrender.  

Screw our QBs if they can't go.  Hand it and lateral it off to WRs.

If we are going out losing we might as well treat ourselves to the most unorthodox gameplay.

If you think this thread sucks you can bite me, those entitled 

Draft picks haven't meant I thing for the past 20 years and they won't matter next year.

Let's win right now with the heart, soul and outside forces we have.

All of our accumulated draft picks this season won't mean squat if our FO wastes them on a buncha religious choir boys.

Edited by 3u751k
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm always confused by these people who start random threads ranting with a username like 3u751k. Does that mean something or did u do all the 1u...k, 2u...k names before this one. 

If Allen is playing, I don't want them to do what you're saying at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3u751k said:

I'd rather the Bills be 3 - 13 and make teams earn every point, other than watching them surrender.  

If we are going out losing we might as well treat ourselves to the most unorthodox gameplay.

Draft picks haven't meant I thing for the past 20 years and they won't matter next year.

Tell me more about these "outside forces." Are they with you as we speak?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Actually....I think that is what you are exactly seeing

If this team was in full tank mode......Shady would already be traded by now

If this team was trying to salvage their season.....there are trades to be made that could improve the team

Notice how they are not doing either?  Notice how Deboll is still here even though we cant score 10 points a game?

I am having a VERY hard time believing that this is not all part of the overall plan......and that the team is looking at who they can take with a top 5 pick/look at what type of bounty of draft picks they can get in a trade down

Wide receiver.....offensive linemen.....TE......these are all areas that can be well addressed in rounds 1-3

I think I would like to see the bills trade for Hassan just to complete the D this year......then you know that this is a strength heading into next year as you massively retool this offense

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think I would like to see the bills trade for Hassan just to complete the D this year......then you know that this is a strength heading into next year as you massively retool this offense

I watched him play the last 2 weeks and it was bad. I don't think it's the Big Nickel scheme either, he just doesn't have a nose for the ball. For a guy that's on the field for 100% of the snaps he doesn't make an impact at all.

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

I watched him play the last 2 weeks and it was bad. I don't think it's the Big Nickel scheme either, he just doesn't have a nose for the ball. For a guy that's on the field for 100% of the snaps he doesn't make an impact at all.

On Thursday night football the guy was rushing the passer and was in the backfield....a lot....I am not sure where this is coming from.

We need pass rush going into next season....they guy seems tailor made for our defense....and defensive players traded do not seem to require a high pick....matching him up with Edmunds and Milano gives us a very athletic group of guys that can all get after a QB

Edited by John from Riverside

It is not in McD's process to outright tank. However they seem to be in a "Soft Tank" mode (That is try to win as much as possible but do not make aggressive moves to improve the roster to try and squeak out one extra win which wouldn't be very helpful) which kind of stands by what they did the previous year (Trading Sammy and Darby for picks but taking back players like EJ and Matthews to help compete.) 

I do think that the defense will be good enough to win 3-4 more games (I think they at least split the Jets and Fins games while sneaking 1-2 other games) for this team which would put them between 5-6 wins. That's not going to net a massive pick but it should put them well within the top 10 draft wise where they can find a dynamic offensive player hopefully. 

2 hours ago, 3u751k said:

Incomprehensible, including your title.

You’re off to a great start.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

On Thursday night football the guy was rushing the passer and was in the backfield....a lot....I am not sure where this is coming from.

We need pass rush going into next season....they guy seems tailor made for our defense....and defensive players traded do not seem to require a high pick....matching him up with Edmunds and Milano gives us a very athletic group of guys that can all get after a QB

Their D was on the field a lot last game getting blown out 45-10 and he didn't register a single QB pressure or tackle-for-loss. He looked lost against the Vikings the week before as well. He was overdrafted because he blew up the combine. He was a pass rushing DE at Temple at 235lbs. Those guys don't work in the NFL and they rarely transition to OLB with any success. Remind you of anybody?

• Like (+1) 1

But as for high draft picks not mattering, that's utter nonsense. They're not the only thing that matters, but they matter plenty.

And as for them not mattering for the Bills for the last 20 years, they are part of the reason we sucked for so long. We reloaded and reloaded and reloaded and even when we did occasionally rebuild we got unlucky and had to do it with generally lower draft picks.

We had the #4 pick one year and got Dareus instead of Cam Newton. And other than that, where were all the high picks? We pretty much didn't have any. We kept being "good" enough to draft 9th, 11th ... on and on and not high enough to get real impact players.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

There really is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. It's a hockey term and maybe another sport or two.

In football, what they do is rebuild.

They say they rebuild and then go 20 years without a QB, and hype the D and a running back

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

It is not in McD's process to outright tank. However they seem to be in a "Soft Tank" mode (That is try to win as much as possible but do not make aggressive moves to improve the roster to try and squeak out one extra win which wouldn't be very helpful) which kind of stands by what they did the previous year (Trading Sammy and Darby for picks but taking back players like EJ and Matthews to help compete.) 

I do think that the defense will be good enough to win 3-4 more games (I think they at least split the Jets and Fins games while sneaking 1-2 other games) for this team which would put them between 5-6 wins. That's not going to net a massive pick but it should put them well within the top 10 draft wise where they can find a dynamic offensive player hopefully. 

Oh yeah , the ol "Soft Tank " ... Um... ?

6 hours ago, 3u751k said:

"Tank" implies that the team is could win games but is deliberately attempting to lose games to get a high draft pick.   Unfortunately, the Bills aren't losing deliberately.  They're simply so lacking in NFL caliber talent, especially on offense, that they don't have to try to lose.  Even their best efforts can't get them wins except when the sun, moon, and stars all align in some special pattern as they did in the wins against Minnesota and Tennessee.

If you can continue to watch the Bills manure show, you have a far stronger constitution than me.  I can get maybe through the first quarter before I start channel surfing to Sunday Ticket to find some entertaining football.

Thanks for the responses.

For the time I've watched the Bills, I haven't seen any one player get drafted that made a difference, they either get traded or bust.

I don't think that changes in one year.

Relying on the draft wasting a season in hopes to save the franchise long-term, is stupid.   But I guess we have no choice but to hire no name college kids, because talent won't come here without big money offers.

Further more, to wrap up the topic, all of our accumulated draft picks this season won't mean squat if our FO wastes them on a buncha religious choirboys, or unproductive players with "character."