McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Talking about something and doing it are two different things. Or as they used to say, talk is cheap. Tell me what their plan is? They believed this team was going to be good. They believed they would go deeper into the play offs with this team. They tried to add to the team from last year.

It's only true believes who are projecting the teams failure into "They wanted to have a rebuild year." What makes people say this I have zero idea. This is only a transition year in the minds of fans who want it to finally work, this time.

Your right....talk is cheap

They are not talking.....if you cannot connect the dots to what they are doing with their actions I dont know what to tell you.

Your just not patient enough for it

2 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

My problem with this theory is the Quarterback.  Allen does not look good and if you say they knew that why was Peterman the only thing between him and starting.  My confidence is completely shaken.  Take the trade up for Zay and Edmunds and it's flirting with tire fire status. 

Allen is going to learn by doing. He probably should have started from the get go, but they gave Peterman a his chance before Allen got in there. not complicated. As for trades, they traded like lots of teams do, what's the big deal?

5 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Allen is going to learn by doing. He probably should have started from the get go, but they gave Peterman a his chance before Allen got in there. not complicated. As for trades, they traded like lots of teams do, what's the big deal?

In retrospect I would have preferred they handled the QB situation differently.....I think Josh Allen needed a year to continue to work on mechanics and sit behind a vet.

but.....we are on the Tribuski path now.....where he started immediately and looks better in year 2......that is Allen's path now...he needs a team around him and honestly they need to invest a little and get a real QB coach on the staff to work with him day to day

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

In retrospect I would have preferred they handled the QB situation differently.....I think Josh Allen needed a year to continue to work on mechanics and sit behind a vet.

but.....we are on the Tribuski path now.....where he started immediately and looks better in year 2......that is Allen's path now...he needs a team around him and honestly they need to invest a little and get a real QB coach on the staff to work with him day to day

Trubisky actually started the season behind Mike Glennon.  Glennon played so poorly that the Bears really had no choice but to begin the learn by doing process for Trubisky last season. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trubisky actually started the season behind Mike Glennon.  Glennon played so poorly that the Bears really had no choice but to begin the learn by doing process for Trubisky last season. 

Got it...thanks.

THis actually makes it even more like the bills situation no?

Then they went out in the offseason and got him some wide receivers in free agency

Edited by John from Riverside

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Got it...thanks.

THis actually makes it even more like the bills situation no?

Then they went out in the offseason and got him some wide receivers in free agency

And, like with Goff, they fired their defensive-minded head coach and replaced him with an offensive innovator.

• Like (+1) 1

It's way to early to pass any kind of Judgement on this regime as they were mislead by the offensive coaching staff. (My belief)

The thing is, these men interact with each other and get opinions on what is needed to have a successful season and while McD did lean a bit heavy on the second first round pick and third round pick for the defense. They did go after a QB at #7 which cost them plenty.

However, I believe that somebody must have told them that Nathaniel Peterman would be a viable starter this season. That the team would be okay with the current offensive line players, receivers. 

What we fans need to do is suck it up and acknowledge that this year is a wash because of a rookie QB, because of bad offensive coaching (line coach, OC) (My belief) What we also need to do is wait to see how the 2019 free agency works out and the 2019 draft.  

This offensive coaching staff might be able to turn things around at some point this year and retain their jobs. Although, I highly doubt it. Someone needs to be held accountable for the 32nd pass offense regardless of a rookie QB. Who The F said Peterman was a viable starter while Allen sits? The Bills are around the 20th in rushing with an elite RB that has been hardly utilized even when not injured? Serious questions that need serious answers.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

I have zero confidence in Beane. I don't think he knows what he's doing. I don't think he has a plan. I don't believe he knows how to build a roster. I don't believe he knows how to judge talent, draft picks or free agents. So far he's reminding me of Donahoe where he just gets athletes and hopes they progress. I do believe McDermott can make a good roster look like the Bengals or Vikings or Steelers.

7 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Talking about something and doing it are two different things. Or as they used to say, talk is cheap. Tell me what their plan is? They believed this team was going to be good. They believed they would go deeper into the play offs with this team. They tried to add to the team from last year.

It's only true believes who are projecting the teams failure into "They wanted to have a rebuild year." What makes people say this I have zero idea. This is only a transition year in the minds of fans who want it to finally work, this time.

In the past year the team ditched all of it's overpriced baggage, including the QB, and decided to eat a massive amount of dead money rather than kick that feces filled can down the road. It's like hanging a huge neon sign over the stadium that flashes "Rebuild."

Now I'm going to be blunt here -- If after a year and a half you still don't understand that "The Process" is just a marketing term for a rebuild, you are an abject fool. Rebuilds don't sell season tickets.

Why is Beane even included? He’s SM’s friend who he hired. SM is running this team.

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That is interesting.

Deboll is supposed to be just that.....I wonder just how hamstrung he really is with the lack of offensive talent this year.

That’s scary if the Bills thought that.  Daboll’s resume sucks. This is nothing innovative about him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I 'm not going to assume anything at this point. I thought Poyer was a bad move at the time and he's been very good. Lotulelei is playing a little better each month too. I think he has a shot at this, but his biggest test is still coming this offseason. I know he'll make mistakes, but if he has 2 hits for each miss, we'll be a much better team in 2019.

We are all assuming that they actually are going to spend the 90 million in Cap space.  Maybe they don't.  Maybe they spend half of it, bring in one reciever and a couple of other linemen.  Then draft the best player available in the 1st, then WR and O line in rounds 2-5.  It's a scary thought but our 1st pick could be a Bosa.  I think McDermott would crap himself if he could add Bosa.  

On 10/26/2018 at 10:33 AM, oldmanfan said:

Despite them talking constantly about having a plan, they have no plan.  Got it.

They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.  They are really good at spouting cliches, though.  :D

They will be given at the very least one more full year. Beane and McDermott now need to show they can create an offense like they did for the defense. McDermott needs to scout the kids in college and pros with Beane who he thinks fit an offense he hates going up against as a D Cord. I am inclined to stick with Daboll for one more year as well. Daboll can help with player decisions and stability might be a good thing on O. Heck that may be another contributing factor to why the D looks better than the O right now. 

Best thing for everyone is The Bills to have another draft where they find 3-4 starters in. They also need to do the same thing in FA . Find a couple Micah Hyde’s and Poyer’s for the O side of things. A Center would be big, I think of how Alex Mack in Atlanta helped turn that entire line around.

It's a scary thought but our 1st pick could be a D player.  I think McDermott would crap himself if he could add Bosa.  

He absolutely botched Josh Allen's 1st year.  The QB coach has never ever been a QB coach anywhere.   We have a pretty bad O Line and WR's who shouldn't be playing in the NFL.  I don't disagree with the Allen pick but if you're going to pick the QB that needs development for God's sake put him in a situation to develop.  

• Like (+1) 1