Josh Allen looks on par with this year’s other rookie QBs

Troll Toll

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

This post kind of proves my point. Allen was 56.2 lower than everyone there by a lot.

What a moron, that’s one or two passes out of 40 and doesn’t take in account the offense run. It’s as useless overall as your posts are.

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes he is. His flaws are obvious. And the numbers don't lie.

Qb Rating 

Darnold.   83.7

Rosen.     75.5

Mayfield  72.8

Allen.       61.8

....Darnold's wr unit are not much different than ours.

His line and receiving options are better and he has played against weaker opponents. He also was considered more pro ready. So again you and people like you are clueless.

11 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

None of these guys are > 60% completions. Statistically, I’d group Allen, Rosen, Mayfield together. Darnold’s numbers are slightly better, but he has had the easiest schedule. Eyeball test too, I’m not seeing much separation amongst these QBs.

Seriously??  It's pretty eye opening.  Watch some of Rosens videos on YouTube.  Rosen/Allen is a stark difference.  It's like Aaron Rodgers/Losman obvious

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Robbie Anderson is a burner 

Enunwa and Kearse are solid 

I think their OL is much better as well as evidenced by Isaiah Cromwell’s recent bout of awesomeness 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes he is. His flaws are obvious. And the numbers don't lie.

Qb Rating 

Darnold.   83.7

Rosen.     75.5

Mayfield  72.8

Allen.       61.8

Darnold was the "guy" all along.  I refuse to believe anything to the contrary.  The Jets stole the march on us. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: This is in comparison to the other QBs who were drafted in the top ten in 2018.  So what are you disagreeing with? 

I'm just going based off the thread title. It say rookie QBs not necessarily this years... Mitch was a rookie last year and it seems that Allen's rookie year is very similar to Mitch's... And he seems fine.

Just now, Kmart128 said:

I'm just going based off the thread title. It say rookie QBs not necessarily this years... Mitch was a rookie last year and it seems that Allen's rookie year is very similar to Mitch's... And he seems fine.

Thread Title: Josh Allen looks on par with this year’s other rookie QBs

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thread Title: Josh Allen looks on par with this year’s other rookie QBs

Like you stick to the thread topic.   

Example:  you hijacked the Titans fans thread the other week because you refuse to post in my thread.  

Am I really that intimidating?

To the OP.  

YES he has. We’re sorry you don’t agree with the majority here.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

14 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

None of these guys are > 60% completions. Statistically, I’d group Allen, Rosen, Mayfield together. Darnold’s numbers are slightly better, but he has had the easiest schedule. Eyeball test too, I’m not seeing much separation amongst these QBs.

I would point back to the QBR rating that many on this thread are refering to...takes into account the situation, personel etc to produce a rating.  Josh Allens rating is not good.

10 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Thank you, Jerry! Very cool!

5 hours ago, Augie said:

After watching Darnold highlights from last week I was shocked to see how many times the WR caught the ball without a DB within 8 yards of them! THAT would make it easier to put up some numbers. I just caught the highlights, but I don’t see us with guys running free like that. 

....in Allen's sort of defense... pouring over the numbers, Allen does have a rather high Air Yards Per attempt.  You couple this with is leauge high(worst) time to throw and it tells you the kid is sitting back there too long waiting to throw downfield....wich even for someone with as big an arm as his....is not optimal because his completion pct on such throws is POOR.  ....this does coralate with his college days when he would do pretty much the same thing.

This further points to some of the obvious flaws pointed out throughout the thread that Allen can't read defenses and make the right throw........I almost wouldn't say he "can't" read a defense...I'd almost contend he doesn't bother to try...he seems to want to look deep (the long time to throw) and throw deep (the long air yards per attempt) but those are low pct throws and he tries to make them more often than he should.  Some have pointed out that there have been some designed plays, quick slants etc that he hesitates to attempt despite the play design.....the numbers all bear this out.

I don't hide that I am an Allen doubter, but I don't think it's impossible that he could develop.  A starting point for the coaches would be to emphasize short high pct throws.  (another argument entirely since some of his short stuff is wild looking)  ..but they need to continue to call some of those slants etc like they have done already, and tell the kid to execute that play as it is drawn.  

If that Comp % is ever going to get up to an acceptable level, he has got to become proficient at the quick read/short passing game.  

This was going to be about slow growth.

We all knew that.

This team has already seemed to exceed expectations in a lot of ways nationally and I think if Allen finished that game, we'd be 3-3 and that would have made absolutely anyone happy at this point based on the schedule.

My biggest disappointment has been Daboll. I think there's a way to properly develop a QB while still allowing him to throw, primarily quick timing patterns and play action bombs. Other than the Minnesota game, I think Daboll has done a poor job there.

But I'm also okay with Josh taking a seat for the next month or so. I think he can learn for a bit from Anderson while on the bench.

But yeah, I don't get the folks thinking he was supposed to look like a HOFer right away.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I would point back to the QBR rating that many on this thread are refering to...takes into account the situation, personel etc to produce a rating.  Josh Allens rating is not good.

....in Allen's sort of defense... pouring over the numbers, Allen does have a rather high Air Yards Per attempt.  You couple this with is leauge high(worst) time to throw and it tells you the kid is sitting back there too long waiting to throw downfield....wich even for someone with as big an arm as his....is not optimal because his completion pct on such throws is POOR.  ....this does coralate with his college days when he would do pretty much the same thing.

This further points to some of the obvious flaws pointed out throughout the thread that Allen can't read defenses and make the right throw........I almost wouldn't say he "can't" read a defense...I'd almost contend he doesn't bother to try...he seems to want to look deep (the long time to throw) and throw deep (the long air yards per attempt) but those are low pct throws and he tries to make them more often than he should.  Some have pointed out that there have been some designed plays, quick slants etc that he hesitates to attempt despite the play design.....the numbers all bear this out.

I don't hide that I am an Allen doubter, but I don't think it's impossible that he could develop.  A starting point for the coaches would be to emphasize short high pct throws.  (another argument entirely since some of his short stuff is wild looking)  ..but they need to continue to call some of those slants etc like they have done already, and tell the kid to execute that play as it is drawn.  

If that Comp % is ever going to get up to an acceptable level, he has got to become proficient at the quick read/short passing game.  

When you #1 WR drops nearly 70% of the passes thrown his way    ....... Any QB's #'s will SUCK

15 hours ago, stony said:

Darnold was the "guy" all along.  I refuse to believe anything to the contrary.  The Jets stole the march on us. 

Yep, going back to the "leaked white board" pic that only had college names on it, it was USC at the top of the list with Montana next.

The Jets straight-up out maneuvered us and pulled the trigger on a trade to get into the proper position while Beane was still holding his junk.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep, going back to the "leaked white board" pic that only had college names on it, it was USC at the top of the list with Montana next.

The Jets straight-up out maneuvered us and pulled the trigger on a trade to get into the proper position while Beane was still holding his junk.

Nope

The Colts came right out and said that they had other offers but didn't want to move down past 6.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, peterpan said:

Seriously??  It's pretty eye opening.  Watch some of Rosens videos on YouTube.  Rosen/Allen is a stark difference.  It's like Aaron Rodgers/Losman obvious

3 picks and 3 fumbles from Rosen tonight, I still don’t see why one would come to the conclusion he is doing significantly better than Allen.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:25 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your eyeballs need adjustment.  Allen looks lost out there all too often.  By any objective measure he's behind. 

I think you are the one who doesn't know qbs or the game of football.  Why are you switching camps so often? The only person you are fooling is yourself. Daboll isn't doing Allen any favors by making him throw short and predictable throws. I saw this at Wyoming in Allens last season, and it is a way to win games. It is not a way to develop a qb. So unknowing fans like yourself have to decide if you want wins, or develop a qb at fairly decent clip.

All the other writers / media out there are talking about how the rookie qbs have no receivers, offensive line, or overall general help when reading about their problems. And before Darnold finally started playing better, a lot of the media were claiming him to be the worst out of the four. Why people on this board started forgetting about Allen having no line and no tools work with is beyond me. Nothing has changed, especially the agenda. Most of the Allen haters on here are not good Bills fans . They are mostly happy to just be on here complaining. And the far fetched theories they come up with are sad to say the least. Allen and the rest are rookies. And very few rookis get it right the first year. And watching the media and fans praise them one week like the next coming , and the following week proclaim they should never have even got drafted is comical. You all need to settle down and look at the big picture. There will be ups and downs. They have all shown it up to this point. The sample size and coaching / play calling has all been different. Same goes by the talent they are surrounded by . So no possible way you can get a fair or clear understanding from it. Or even decent feedback from it. I like to read what present and past players and staff from the Bills have to say about Allen.  They usually have insider knowledge, unlike posters like yourself and the media go by.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BB@Shooter said:

I think you are the one who doesn't know qbs or the game of football.  Why are you switching camps so often? The only person you are fooling is yourself. Daboll isn't doing Allen any favors by making him throw short and predictable throws. I saw this at Wyoming in Allens last season, and it is a way to win games. It is not a way to develop a qb. So unknowing fans like yourself have to decide if you want wins, or develop a qb at fairly decent clip.

All the other writers / media out there are talking about how the rookie qbs have no receivers, offensive line, or overall general help when reading about their problems. And before Darnold finally started playing better, a lot of the media were claiming him to be the worst out of the four. Why people on this board started forgetting about Allen having no line and no tools work with is beyond me. Nothing has changed, especially the agenda. Most of the Allen haters on here are not good Bills fans . They are mostly happy to just be on here complaining. And the far fetched theories they come up with are sad to say the least. Allen and the rest are rookies. And very few rookis get it right the first year. And watching the media and fans praise them one week like the next coming , and the following week proclaim they should never have even got drafted is comical. You all need to settle down and look at the big picture. There will be ups and downs. They have all shown it up to this point. The sample size and coaching / play calling has all been different. Same goes by the talent they are surrounded by . So no possible way you can get a fair or clear understanding from it. Or even decent feedback from it. I like to read what present and past players and staff from the Bills have to say about Allen.  They usually have insider knowledge, unlike posters like yourself and the media go by.

Unknowing? What the heck are you even talking about with this rambling? All I need to do is watch him and the others play.  He started the season behind and he still is.  I wish he hadn't gotten injured so because he needs game experience.  Your long post isn't telling me anything I don't already know with regard to the supporting cast.   I hope he gets back soon. 

On 10/16/2018 at 6:48 AM, PearlHowardman said:

Carried over from his college playing days.  In another word:  Trend!  And trends seldom change.  

Especially the trend of you knocking Allen.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Unknowing? What the heck are you even talking about with this rambling? All I need to do is watch him and the others play.  He started the season behind and he still is.  I wish he hadn't gotten injured so because he needs game experience.  Your long post isn't telling me anything I don't already know with regard to the supporting cast.   I hope he gets back soon. 

Keep jumping on and off the bandwagon. Watch it or you might wear out your keyboard. Typical fan who follows the media and can't think for themselves.