Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Coach took the pansy way out and in no way shape or form do I believe he thinks Anderson gives them best chance to win. This is a puss move and just shows how lost he truly is. This will be the biggest shiitshow to date on Sunday.

Ummmm... are you seriously implying Peterman should start?! :doh:

Did you get hit in the head a lot or something as a kid?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Coach took the pansy way out and in no way shape or form do I believe he thinks Anderson gives them best chance to win. This is a puss move and just shows how lost he truly is. This will be the biggest shiitshow to date on Sunday.

He can't stand in front of the Lockerroom and tell the guys Nate is starting. The players would think he's a complete buffoon.  He'd get zero respect for that decision.  At least he is showing the players that he will try something different to spark the offense.

That being said I think Anderson is gonna be at best mediocre, and at worse could be flat out bad.  I do not expect him to be dropping dimes all over the field. Not gonna happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I bet Nate has to come into the game at some point. The same point McD’s tenure is pretty much over in buffalo.  Sure he might be here another year.  Another year of embarrassment.  

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummmm... are you seriously implying Peterman should start?! :doh:

Did you get hit in the head a lot or something as a kid?

Thats what I was wondering too. Did the GM and coach get hit in the head a lot as a kid.  You need to be making fun of the coach. Not him. 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

You sir are wrong. Peterman is a losing machine.

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s more credit than I’m willing to give. They’ve single handedly destroyed/ bungled the offensive side of the team. The QB quandary is sheer incompetence. Their moves have left the team so talent starved on offense that it will take three solid drafts to compete. They will not get that long. 

I think they actually will get that long.....

Hired the up and coming flavor of the year HC

Made it to the playoffs in their first year after a 17 year droubt

I think McD and Beane are safe....and because they are safe they want to biuld this team with blue chip draft talent

I dont think they expected to be as competative LAST year which screwed up their draft plans and had to move up for their QB.....trading away 2nd rounders in the process and Cordy Glenn who would have really helped this offensive line this year....you could have played Cordy at LT and Dawkins at LG......which would have at least solidified one side of the OL

52 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Russini doesn't even have to try "to make McDermott look bad".  He's done that all by himself, most notably with his stubborn insistence that Nate Peterman remain on the team.  He is NOT a NFL-caliber QB by any measure and shouldn't be on the active roster.  Waiting around for five weeks to bring in a better backup QB than Peterman is inexcusable. 

Coaches have been fired for less.  IMO, McDermott is on borrowed time unless Allen can come back before he loses the locker room and the Bills start getting blown out every out.

Peterman is there for if Anderson goes down - otherwise we're watching Logan Thomas. And the guy who was a first year head coach of the team that ended our 18 year playoff drought is on borrowed time? Not saying all his decisions have been great, but both McD and Beane have themselves more time than anything this year can change. This team this year was never going to win 8/9 games, everything is on track as far as rebuilds go. 

Could they have handled the QB situation better? Absolutely - but look at SF having to start Beathard now with Jimmy out, or way back starting Curtis Painter (or Dan Orlovsky?) when Peyton went down. Sure these examples have Jimmy and Peyton, which is infinitely better than Allen, but these things happen and it's not like it kept us out of a super bowl this year. In the grand scheme of things, the only time they begin to enter that question of job security is after next season when they've had a chance to rebuild the offense as well.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Umm....WHAT?

Nathan Peterman isn't just bad...he's epically bad.  I struggle to see the logic behind posts like this.  Derek Anderson, while no superstar, is a proven, veteran NFL QB who won't put the team at a disadvantage the moment he steps on the field.  He may not play well, but Peterman is the definition of untrustworthy.

27 minutes ago, eball said:

Meaningful as in "when the game is still in doubt."  Peterman should only see mop-up duty on an NFL field.

Gotcha - I was thinking meaningful as in salvaging the overall season. I get that it's Week 7, but I don't see this team going 7-3, or even 6-4, even with Allen healthy. It sounds terrible, but I'm just not sure what season we're trying to save at this point? We don't have to try to lose with this offense, but watching a rebuild is never an easy thing and we certainly don't have the patience for it anymore. But sadly it's what might be needed to see a perennial contender putting up double digit win seasons consistently in the future.

Edited by ctk232

They can't keep Peterson on the roster next year and still say they are developing him. Once Allen is healthy he should be cut. Would rather Peterman be sent out there to sink or swim while Allen is out so this doesn't drag into next year. Also, prefer Anderson on the bench right next to Allen going over things during the game with him. I see no real benefit to Anderson playing other than possible mutiny within the team so I understand why decision had to be made.