Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

How weird is it for an NFL coach to say that starting Derek Anderson in 2018 gives your team the best chance to win?...and for it to be true.

Peterman gave him no choice.  McDermott has been burned too many times by placing trust in #2.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Weird, and pathetic . But yes, it’s true. 

Honestly I am starting feel that being competative but not winning is part of the plan this year.....I hate conspiricy takes but I am giving one.

The bills know that they are going to have to overpay for premium talent even though the will have the cap next year....and they want to biuld this team through the draft......

This entire offensive line needs to be revamped.....we have no number 1 or even a number 2 receiver......Shady is getting old......we have Josh Allen and nothing behind him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Honestly I am starting feel that being competative but not winning is part of the plan this year.....I hate conspiricy takes but I am giving one.

The bills know that they are going to have to overpay for premium talent even though the will have the cap next year....and they want to biuld this team through the draft......

This entire offensive line needs to be revamped.....we have no number 1 or even a number 2 receiver......Shady is getting old......we have Josh Allen and nothing behind him.

It does seem they are adamantly stonewalling doing or spending anything offensively this year. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s more credit than I’m willing to give. They’ve single handedly destroyed/ bungled the offensive side of the team. The QB quandary is sheer incompetence. Their moves have left the team so talent starved on offense that it will take three solid drafts to compete. They will not get that long. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 hours ago, eball said:

That's where I am.  There is absolutely no justifiable excuse to put Peterman on the field for meaningful regular season snaps.  I don't care if Anderson has been "sitting on his couch" for six months -- he's a veteran and can manage the game until Allen is ready to return.  In the meantime, I hope Beane is burning up phone lines...

Right? My hope is the only reason Peterman is on the team is for contingency if Anderson goes down and we don't want to play Logan Thomas.

That being said - what exactly do you mean by "meaningful?" You still thinking we can/should win the wildcard?

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

Right? My hope is the only reason Peterman is on the team is for contingency if Anderson goes down and we don't want to play Logan Thomas.

That being said - what exactly do you mean by "meaningful?" You still thinking we can/should win the wildcard?

Meaningful as in "when the game is still in doubt."  Peterman should only see mop-up duty on an NFL field.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

That’s more credit than I’m willing to give. They’ve single handedly destroyed/ bungled the offensive side of the team. The QB quandary is sheer incompetence. Their moves have left the team so talent starved on offense that it will take three solid draftsto compete. They will not get that long. 

Were we ever expected to contend this year even before the QB debacle though? Offseason moves would dictate likely not. I don't think they wanted it to be deplorably bad, like 0-16 Browns or 1-15 Colts bad, but something to support the process and rebuild. While I don't like it anymore than anyone else, rebuilds take longer than we've ever had patience for, and yes, it will likely take another season before we even begin to see anything like the intended result. But I'm hopeful for a perennial contending Bills team, and not one that consistently tries to scrap together 8/9 win seasons and prays to make the bubble...we cheer harder for a playoff berth than we do a successful and sustainable franchise.

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Coach took the pansy way out and in no way shape or form do I believe he thinks Anderson gives them best chance to win. This is a puss move and just shows how lost he truly is. This will be the biggest shiitshow to date on Sunday.

He made the only move he could.  Peterman is not NFL caliber as a starter or backup.