Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's this type of arrogance over here that's the reason I don't bother engaging.

There's arrogance on the football board... but it's football and even there it's a watered down version of the bravado over here.

I lurk here enough to see that much of the "sourcing" you guys over here is utter crap.

But they fit with your own biases... so you roll with them.

You think you’re unique in that you’re presented with the opportunity to learn?

It’s an opportunity every one of us was, and is, presented with.

Most here were anti-Trump.  Most are not/were not Republicans.

Speaking for myself I was a vocally anti-Trump, free banking, classical liberal (possibly closer to a minarchist).  I’ve never cast a ballot for a Republican for the office of President.

The information Greg has presented over the past three years don’t mesh with any narrative I support.  I believe non-voluntary taxation to be theft, and that the Federal government as it exists today should be abolished, and a new framework established similar to the Articles.

But even more strongly I believe that the consent of the governed, and self determination, are the only things that legitimize governments; and that failed states observably don’t produce libertarian utopias.  As such the peaceful transition of power is paramount.

Greg’s argument, which we have heavily scrutinized over the last three years, has turned out to be much more plausible than what you hear from the MSM.

Our government is not “the things we decide to do together”.  Our government is a control mechanism and a tool used to hold a certain class of people above the laws they create for the rest of us.  Read Greg’s argument.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Sanders's fundraising numbers are impressive given the people continuing to shell it out saw so little return on their investment in 2016.

It's known as the lottery syndrome.  Fall in love with a nearly out of reach scenario and people will throw a lot of cash at it if done a little at a time.

36 minutes ago, John Adams said:

My vote for even more irrelevance: You posting some guy's tweet mocking Time's cover of Kamala Harris. 

Image result for youve got to be kidding me.... My God, how can I go on ?

?

The Smoke Signals Say It’ll Be Trump Vs. Warren

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/09/26/the-smoke-signals-say-itll-be-trump-vs-warren-n2553567

• Haha (+1) 4

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That is what I assumed he meant, even though he basically said the opposite...

maybe he should have paid more attention in school to those dishonorable educators he believes are just below tax collectors :lol:

Well, that flew right over your head. You don't even recognize an insult when given one.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Biden lead by 15 points on August 1st. 

Now he's down to a 2 point lead. 

(Bye, Joe!)

Can you imagine how badly he would look in a real debate??   I can't see how he'd begin to hold up against Warren once the Dems finish clearing out the noise, much less Trump.   The Dems can't be that dumb, they know they've got to get rid of him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

Can you imagine how badly he would look in a real debate??   I can't see how he'd begin to hold up against Warren once the Dems finish clearing out the noise, much less Trump.   The Dems can't be that dumb, they know they've got to get rid of him.

I'm still of the opinion that part of the motivation behind pushing this Ukraine story so hard and fast was to kill two birds with one stone: get ahead of the OIG report/Durham investigation, and to force Trump and the media to slay Biden rather than have Warren do it and risk alienating the black support Joe has which she desperately needs to steal to have a prayer. 

It was a two-fer.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm still of the opinion that part of the motivation behind pushing this Ukraine story so hard and fast was to kill two birds with one stone: get ahead of the OIG report/Durham investigation, and to force Trump and the media to slay Biden rather than have Warren do it and risk alienating the black support Joe has which she desperately needs to steal to have a prayer. 

It was a two-fer.

Booker or Harris in the VP slot is going to have to be the key for them to get black turnout.  I can't see how Warren gets viewed much differently than Hillary otherwise.

I could see Warren/Booker winning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Booker or Harris in the VP slot is going to have to be the key for them to get black turnout.  I can't see how Warren gets viewed much differently than Hillary otherwise.

I could see Warren/Booker winning.

A few staffers on the Hill whom I've come to know say the office pools have shifted a bit, the Warren/Booker ticket is still the most likely (per them) but the dark horse emerging is Warren/Clinton. The logic being Clinton would allow her a centrist counterpoint and draw her own black base to Warren. 

No one I talk to thinks that will actually be the ticket, but its gone from a joke to a thing that Warren might consider (again, per DC gossip). They're basing it on Clinton's re-emergence in the media as of late, coming right on the heels of a weekend sit down with Warren last month she had.  

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A few staffers on the Hill whom I've come to know say the office pools have shifted a bit, the Warren/Booker ticket is still the most likely (per them) but the dark horse emerging is Warren/Clinton. The logic being Clinton would allow her a centrist counterpoint and draw her own black base to Warren. 

No one I talk to thinks that will actually be the ticket, but its gone from a joke to a thing that Warren might consider (again, per DC gossip). They're basing it on Clinton's re-emergence in the media as of late, coming right on the heels of a weekend sit down with Warren last month she had.  

I'd be pretty surprised if Warren agreed to that and risked being upstaged by her VP.

Also, will the London bookies be taking six figure bets on Warren not surviving her term?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Rob's House said:

For the leftists out there, 

I know it upsets you that the establishment lost, and I know how desperately you want it to regain power, but you shouldn't fret. Time is on your side. As we continue to move toward Idiocracy, the masses will increasingly empower the federal bureaucracy.

A friend of min recommended the movie Idiocracy to me a month or so ago.  I did watch it and it is a great science fiction futuristic movie.  And, scary because it looks like it is already starting to happen.

I would recommend this to anyone who has not seen it.