Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

Elizabeth Warren is trying really hard to sell a version of herself that just doesn’t exist. For years she played the Native American card, then when she got caught in that lie the ‘getting fired while preggo’ thing came out. And now that it looks like that’s a bust too, she’s trying the typical go-to for Democratic women …

The WOMAN CARD.

I know this is obvious to most thinking people, but I see many leftists who believe everything Warren says. Many still contend her injun claims are still accurate. I see many friends/business colleagues in my social media timelines who support her and insist she is not lying about anything.

It's all I can do to respond, but I keep politics out of my social media stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The important thing is she stands in place and poses for photos with long lines of people who are convinced she is giving them free *****.

Like Santa Claus, or you know Fredrick Douglas.

• Like (+1) 1

Elizabeth Warren Vows to Remake Capitalism. Businesses Are Bracing. 

“The Democratic Party’s favored presidential candidate has proposed sweeping changes to how business operates.

No front-runner has proposed such sweeping changes to how businesses operate. A President Warren would seek to regulate big tech companies as utilities, break up big banks and split them from securities dealers, ban fracking of oil and gas, phase out carbon emission from buildings, cars and power plants in eight to 15 years, require big companies to appoint worker representatives to at least 40% of board seats, ban private health insurance and, effectively, for-profit college, and negotiate down drug prices.

Her policies would directly affect companies with sales of nearly $5 trillion and stock-market value of more than $8 trillion, a third of the S&P 500 stock index. Taxes on the wealthy and corporations would rise sharply.

That, in turn, has led to nervousness among some executives. “She could create an environment where it is next to impossible to function” for health insurers, said Vicky Gregg, a former chief executive of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and now partner in a private-equity firm. “There’s no question that keeps you up at night if you’re a health-plan executive.”

Fear will keep the local executives in line, to borrow a phrase.

The real goal of course isn’t to “remake” capitalism. Rather, it’s to create opportunities for corruption and graft.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Elizabeth Warren Vows to Remake Capitalism. Businesses Are Bracing. 

“The Democratic Party’s favored presidential candidate has proposed sweeping changes to how business operates.

No front-runner has proposed such sweeping changes to how businesses operate. A President Warren would seek to regulate big tech companies as utilities, break up big banks and split them from securities dealers, ban fracking of oil and gas, phase out carbon emission from buildings, cars and power plants in eight to 15 years, require big companies to appoint worker representatives to at least 40% of board seats, ban private health insurance and, effectively, for-profit college, and negotiate down drug prices.

Her policies would directly affect companies with sales of nearly $5 trillion and stock-market value of more than $8 trillion, a third of the S&P 500 stock index. Taxes on the wealthy and corporations would rise sharply.

That, in turn, has led to nervousness among some executives. “She could create an environment where it is next to impossible to function” for health insurers, said Vicky Gregg, a former chief executive of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and now partner in a private-equity firm. “There’s no question that keeps you up at night if you’re a health-plan executive.”

Fear will keep the local executives in line, to borrow a phrase.

The real goal of course isn’t to “remake” capitalism. Rather, it’s to create opportunities for corruption and graft.

But she's running for president, not Queen.  We do this every 4 years where candidates talk about all this stuff like they can actually do it and people think they actually can, but really it's congress' job to do that kind of stuff.  Maybe she should run for congress instead?

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

But she's running for president, not Queen.  We do this every 4 years where candidates talk about all this stuff like they can actually do it and people think they actually can, but really it's congress' job to do that kind of stuff.  Maybe she should run for congress instead?

Except that, unlike Republicans, all Democratic Presidents need is a pen and a phone.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Except that, unlike Republicans, all Democratic Presidents need is a pen and a phone.

I don't know, Trump does pretty well with his pen and phone.  His signature is better than Obama's too.  The best signature.  Everybody says that.

• Haha (+1) 3