Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I'd be pretty surprised if Warren agreed to that and risked being upstaged by her VP.

Also, will the London bookies be taking six figure bets on Warren not surviving her term?

That was my thought too. I think the most dangerous position in the world would be any one which involves having a Clinton one breath away from taking your job. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That was my thought too. I think the most dangerous position in the world would be any one which involves having a Clinton one breath away from taking your job. 

That and I can't see Hillary accepting 2nd chair with her ego. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A few staffers on the Hill whom I've come to know say the office pools have shifted a bit, the Warren/Booker ticket is still the most likely (per them) but the dark horse emerging is Warren/Clinton. The logic being Clinton would allow her a centrist counterpoint and draw her own black base to Warren. 

No one I talk to thinks that will actually be the ticket, but its gone from a joke to a thing that Warren might consider (again, per DC gossip). They're basing it on Clinton's re-emergence in the media as of late, coming right on the heels of a weekend sit down with Warren last month she had.  

yeah... my money would be that it's a Clinton/Warren ticket. no surprise HRC has emerged from her hole.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd be pretty surprised if Warren agreed to that and risked being upstaged by her VP.

Also, will the London bookies be taking six figure bets on Warren not surviving her term?

She'd be lucky to survive the post-inaugural walk down Pennsylvania Ave.  

"BREAKING NEWS: Newly-inaugurated President Warren hit by car during Inaugural Parade.  Three times.  Secret Service mystified, FBI rules it a suicide."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The over/under on that is 2 years into a Warren administration.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A few staffers on the Hill whom I've come to know say the office pools have shifted a bit, the Warren/Booker ticket is still the most likely (per them) but the dark horse emerging is Warren/Clinton. The logic being Clinton would allow her a centrist counterpoint and draw her own black base to Warren. 

No one I talk to thinks that will actually be the ticket, but its gone from a joke to a thing that Warren might consider (again, per DC gossip). They're basing it on Clinton's re-emergence in the media as of late, coming right on the heels of a weekend sit down with Warren last month she had.  

Wait...which Clinton?

Because Hillary's old, know's she's old, and I don't think she'd be against immortalizing herself by establishing dynastic power.  And the minimum age for a VP is 35 - Chelsea is 39.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Wait...which Clinton?

Because Hillary's old, know's she's old, and I don't think she'd be against immortalizing herself by establishing dynastic power.  And the minimum age for a VP is 35 - Chelsea is 39.

:lol: I had assumed HRC but I didn't clarify -- so maybe it's the rear admiral. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Wait...which Clinton?

It sure would show that the Democrats are firmly in a Clinton choke hold if that happens.  I still think that Chelsea has to do the podunk congressional seat for two years even though she most likely considers that beneath her.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: I had assumed HRC but I didn't clarify -- so maybe it's the rear admiral. 

Would not surprise me at all.  I mean, look at her qualifications: best-selling author, an NBC contributor, a former management consultant, a former hedge fund analyst, on many boards of directors, chaired the Clinton Foundation, through which she has foreign policy experience.  

She's got the perfect "claim everything but do nothing" political resume.  She's the second-most qualified candidate ever, behind mom.*

*This statement is, of course, bull####.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Booker or Harris in the VP slot is going to have to be the key for them to get black turnout.  I can't see how Warren gets viewed much differently than Hillary otherwise.

I could see Warren/Booker winning.

I doubt it. Harris isn't black. Booker is a super duper straight black guy ? (one confirmation of his being gay and blacks will not vote for him), but Lizzie probably wants to be the only minority on the ticket. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Can you imagine how badly he would look in a real debate??   I can't see how he'd begin to hold up against Warren once the Dems finish clearing out the noise, much less Trump.   The Dems can't be that dumb, they know they've got to get rid of him.

It'll pry be Warren at this point more Sanders supporters will shift to her than Biden once he drops out.  Political betting odds have Warren at 50.8% to take the primary and Biden at 19.2%.  That seems about right at this point as Biden is reeling and it's only going to get worse.

https://electionbettingodds.com/

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It'll pry be Warren at this point more Sanders supporters will shift to her than Biden once he drops out.  Political betting odds have Warren at 50.8% to take the primary and Biden at 19.2%.  That seems about right at this point as Biden is reeling and it's only going to get worse.

https://electionbettingodds.com/

No doubt. The Dems are morons. Warren cannot win in states where Trump has weakness, which means she cannot win.