Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

uh-oh @transplantbillsfan things aren't looking good for Joe -- whom you were convinced would easily win the nomination and beat Trump. Now he'll be lucky to escape a serious investigation into his corruption. (kinda exactly like several people predicted would happen and you laughed at them for doing so...)

:beer: 

Your new Trump avatar is going to look GREAT in 13 months. 

The spin by NBC is gross btw... but facts aren't what NBC cares about.

They just asked Joe about Trump's "stone cold crooked" comment. 

His response was underwhelming. 

Joe's got no fight left in him. He's done.

What was our bet again?

Oh yeah, ANY Democratic candidate vs. Trump.

Why do you keep forgetting?

Someone will pound Trump like a drum, Biden or not.

Maybe you should like stop trying to lure me over here.  The hypocrisy is a little ridiculous.

Apparently polls matter when they fit your narrative but are meaningless when they don't.

Jack-Nicholson-Facepalm.gif

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What was our bet again?

Oh yeah, ANY Democratic candidate vs. Trump.

Why do you keep forgetting?

Someone will pound Trump like a drum, Biden or not.

Maybe you should like stop trying to lure me over here.  The hypocrisy is a little ridiculous.

Apparently polls matter when they fit your narrative but are meaningless when they don't.

Jack-Nicholson-Facepalm.gif

So now you REALLY want to say Biden wasn't your guy? You raved about him -- for weeks. Which is how we got the bet in the first place. :lol: 

Come on, at least be honest. 

This isn't about polls. It's about reality vs fiction. You've lived in a world of fiction for three years and your early support of Biden (which you're now running from) was indicative of that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/27/2019 at 7:57 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I still think Biden ends up with the nomination, but Harris really really helped herself.

Regardless, I think the stage tonight most likely had the Democratic nominee and next President of the USA.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:15 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

If Harris is the Democratic candidate, I think she'll sweep the floor with Trump.

She was extremely well prepared and had what I think was the impromptu inserted one-liner of the last 2 nights.

My guess is still that Biden wins the candidacy, though, and as you say, she could very easily be VP, groomed to take over after one term.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:23 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Harris, Booker and Buttigueg have been among my handful of favorites for awhile along with Biden. I'd be happy with any of them and think all would beat Trump.

Everyone you picked as a favorite -- has sunk in the polls and have no shot to win the nom, let alone beat Trump. The likely winner, Warren, you said "might" have a chance. 

And, look here... 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

You still think Biden has a chance after last night? 

He's toast. He's going to take awhile to sink, but it'll be joyous to watch him fail (for the third time).

Pretty spot on. Biden was dead in June -- and is still sinking today. He's a goner. 

(Think of all the heartache you could have spared yourself if you just took a moment to step out of your partisan bubble and did some critical thinking on your own). 

13 months to go... 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So now you REALLY want to say Biden wasn't your guy? You raved about him -- for weeks. Which is how we got the bet in the first place. :lol: 

This isn't about polls. It's about reality vs fiction. You've lived in a world of fiction for three years and your early support of Biden (which you're now running from) was indicative of that. 

He’s not going to honor the bet anyway.

None if these people care about justice, or law, or honesty.  Look at the folks here who refuse to engage with the truth:  they actively obsfucate, and survive on a diet of logical fallacies they’re required to twist themselves into pretzels to present.  It’s not even subtle.

They know they’re wrong, and they know they’re lying; thing is for them this is team sports.  They seek power for their ideas, and don’t care how they get it.  They’re happy to lie if it advances their political goals.

It’s why they were so happy to back the character assassination of Justice Kavanaugh and the Covington kids, and why they support deplatforming and unpersoning those they perceive as their enemies.

They aren’t interested in shared values or peace through compromise.  They view everyone who isn’t dogmatically aligned with them as an impediment to their end goals who must be ground into submission.

The person you’re addressing isn’t a decent or honorable person.  He works as a social engineer at a government indoctrination facility, because he wants to undermine parents and propagandize to children.  A noble goal for which he’s happy to leverage the enforcement arm of the government to point guns at you and extort your wealth for his own personal gain.

You think this type of man will concede anything?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just remember that no matter what happens from now until the end of time, Donald Trump won the Presidential election. He defeated Hill-dog and the entire political establishment and became your President. It can never be undone.

Even if the Dems were to somehow manage to remove him it doesn't matter. It already happened and it can't be erased.

He will forever be referred to as President Trump.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He’s not going to honor the bet anyway.

None if these people care about justice, or law, or honesty.  Look at the folks here who refuse to engage with the truth:  they actively obsfucate, and survive on a diet of logical fallacies they’re required to quiet themselves into pretzels to present.  It’s not even subtle.

They know they’re wrong, and they know they’re lying; thing is for them this is team sports.  They seek power for their ideas, and don’t care how they get it.  They’re happy to lie if it advances their political goals.

It’s why they were so happy to back the character assassination of Justice Kavanaugh and the Covington kids, and why they support deplatforming and unpersoning those they perceive as their enemies.

They aren’t interested in shared values or peace through compromise.  They view everyone who isn’t dogmatically aligned with them as an impediment to their end goals who must be ground into submission.

The person you’re addressing isn’t a decent or honorable person.  He works as a social engineer at a government indoctrination facility, because he wants to undermine parents and propagandize to children.  A noble goal for which he’s happy to leverage the enforcement arm of the government to point guns at you and extort your wealth for his own personal gain.

You think this type of man will concede anything?

:beer: 

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Raved about him?

Find where I raved about him, please.

Not even getting baited into your bullcrap.  There was a reason I told you Field vs. Trump.

Still not clear who'll be in that field because there's a long way to go til the primaries, but I'm still very confident in that bet.

You wanna argue about Biden?

Go ahead.

I'm not going to be a victim of the moment here.

Enjoy your moment, if that's really what you think you have.

Running from what?

I've been honest.  Have you?

You're wildly mistaken.

I'm not running from my support of WHOEVER the Democratic candidate is.

To clarify my earlier positions, it was ALWAYS that Biden was/is the most likely Democratic candidate, not necessarily that he would be the BEST President among that field.

But ANY of them would be better than Trump.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Running from what?

I've been honest.  Have you?

I asked you days ago to speak about Biden's son and your opinion on that issue. You dodged (and still are). 

So let's try again. Take Trump out of it. Do you find it gross that Biden lobbied the Ukraine to open up their natural gas reserves weeks before his son took a job on the board of a natural gas company in the Ukraine (without having any experience in the field) for 50k a week? 

Do you find that off putting? Possibly corrupt? Or are you fine with it?

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Money will keep Bernie and Biden in this thing long after they are polling dead.  Maybe someone should write a movie called weekend at Bernie and Joe's. 

Everyone you picked as a favorite -- has sunk in the polls and have no shot to win the nom, let alone beat Trump. The likely winner, Warren, you said "might" have a chance. 

And, look here... 

Pretty spot on. Biden was dead in June -- and is still sinking today. He's a goner. 

(Think of all the heartache you could have spared yourself if you just took a moment to step out of your partisan bubble and did some critical thinking on your own). 

13 months to go... 

What heartache?

This weird world in your head must be interesting at least, probably pretty miserable and lonely, though.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I asked you days ago to speak about Biden's son and your opinion on that issue. You dodged (and still are). 

So let's try again. Take Trump out of it. Do you find it gross that Biden lobbied the Ukraine to open up their natural gas reserves weeks before his son took a job on the board of a natural gas company in the Ukraine (without having any experience in the field) for 50k a week? 

Do you find that off putting? Possibly corrupt? Or are you fine with it?

What does not talking about any issue have to do with honesty?

Do you know the definition of the word?

For the leftists out there, 

I know it upsets you that the establishment lost, and I know how desperately you want it to regain power, but you shouldn't fret. Time is on your side. As we continue to move toward Idiocracy, the masses will increasingly empower the federal bureaucracy.

You may not personally live long enough to experience the joy of living under authoritarian rule, but the odds are pretty good that your children, or at least your grand children, will. And isn't it all about the children anyway?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Your obsession with me is oddly flattering  :flirt:

I've got nothing against you. I'm busting your balls in a friendly way because we have a bet... 

But it's weird you won't answer that question. It's not a trap. It's asking your opinion on a relevant topic. The fact you won't even answer because (I assume) you think it's some sort of trap is nutty. You must have an opinion on that question, why won't you share it? 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've got nothing against you. I'm busting your balls in a friendly way because we have a bet... 

But it's weird you won't answer that question. It's not a trap. It's asking your opinion on a relevant topic. The fact you won't even answer because (I assume) you think it's some sort of trap is nutty. You must have an opinion on that question, why won't you share it? 

I understand what you're doing, and I've got nothing against you.

But I'm not interested in participating in that discussion with you for a handful of different reasons.

13 months and we find out who wins.

Truth is, I believe if Trump isn't President in 2021 you guys are going to come up with more screwball excuses than Democrats did in 2017.

Oh... and @TakeYouToTasker ... yes of course I'll honor my bet.  It's a message board avatar.  I don't care.  But will @Deranged Rhino honor his bet?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I understand what you're doing, and I've got nothing against you.

But I'm not interested in participating in that discussion with you for a handful of different reasons.

13 months and we find out who wins.

Truth is, I believe if Trump isn't President in 2021 you guys are going to come up with more screwball excuses than Democrats did in 2017.

Oh... and @TakeYouToTasker ... yes of course I'll honor my bet.  It's a message board avatar.  I don't care.  But will @Deranged Rhino honor his bet?

I don’t believe you.

I’ve never seen you do anything else honestly here, so why should anyone trust you this one time?

Even your profession is dishonorable, grading only slightly below tax-collector.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don’t believe you.

I’ve never seen you do anything else honestly here, so why should anyone trust you this one time?

Even your profession is dishonorable, grading only slightly below tax-collector.

He's been honestly racist.

• Haha (+1) 1