Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

On 9/12/2019 at 6:17 AM, Chef Jim said:

Rich people should be forced to allow poor people to live near them??  WTF is this nonsense?  

It's called California. I know because I watched them force the city I lived in for 18 years to accommodate low-income housing because it wasn't fair that only people with money could live there.

They grabbed a bunch of property near Anaheim Hills, built a bunch of low-income apartments near Savi Ranch, filled them with low-income residents living off the state dole, and three years later a quiet little city is filled with a police blotter that would break your heart: drugs, break-ins, stolen cars, rapes and a couple of murders, not to mention traffic that is simply embarrassing for such a small area.

On the bright side, you can get out of your house pretty easily by taking full-asking-price cash from the birthing center industry.

Edited by IDBillzFan

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, Hedge said:

I'm not sure how the Leftists tell their candidates apart anymore. I thought Swalwell had dropped out?

The true irony being that, in DC, pretty much only the President gets to live close to work.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

Isn't there someone in the Democratic Party with a sense of empathy that will take Joe Biden aside, explain the concepts of dementia and senility, and plead with him to bow out of the current candidate circus?  Obviously his wife isn't interested in protecting him from his own embarrassments.

No one will, a lot of them have different levels of their own senility and dementia and the more 

normal ones are scared to death to do that out of fear of retaliation of some sort.

Nice party, those Democrats.

The latest NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll taken entirely after the last debate shows former vice president Joe Biden at 31 percent (up from 25 percent in July despite the most aggressively negative media coverage of any candidate; Warren at 25 percent (up from 19 percent); Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) at 14 percent (up a single point from 13 percent); South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg holding steady at 7 percent; Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) at 5 percent (down 8 points); Andrew Yang at 4 percent; and Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Cory Booker (D-N.J.) at 2 percent. Everyone else, including former congressman Beto O’Rourke, is at 1 percent or less.

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The latest NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll taken entirely after the last debate shows former vice president Joe Biden at 31 percent (up from 25 percent in July despite the most aggressively negative media coverage of any candidate; Warren at 25 percent (up from 19 percent); Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) at 14 percent (up a single point from 13 percent); South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg holding steady at 7 percent; Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) at 5 percent (down 8 points); Andrew Yang at 4 percent; and Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Cory Booker (D-N.J.) at 2 percent. Everyone else, including former congressman Beto O’Rourke, is at 1 percent or less.

My stats professor at Cornell always warned that many who take polls also have agendas.  And this was many years ago when the 24 hour news cycle was in its infancy.  

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So Harris is done. 

Maybe she will be a VP for someone -- won't be Joe though unless she's a total hypocrite. 

I think that the VP nominee will be someone that most Americans never heard of.  Dismiss it as Clinton paranoia if you must but just hearing her name mentioned along with the Clintons would give most people pause.  The notion of only being a heartbeat away from the Presidency in that context has to be extremely unsettling.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Nice tan lines Beto. Do you actually wear your socks that high with shorts? I see you made it into the 1%ers...…………………...in polling.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

She has a plan to avoid talking about that...

Obviously taxes are going to go up, but health care will be covered by those new taxes as no one has to get private health insurance. 

Would be beneficial to her if she explained that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unintended consequences of Medicare for all. Doctors make less money and find it difficult to pay back student loans. Less qualified people study to become doctors thus bringing about doctor shortages. Wait times for appointments increase and people get sicker and die sooner.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Unintended consequences of Medicare for all. Doctors make less money and find it difficult to pay back student loans. Less qualified people study to become doctors thus bringing about doctor shortages. Wait times for appointments increase and people get sicker and die sooner.

None of this is true in Canada where doctor's incomes are capped.