Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It would pass by a WIDER margin than before. Talk to the people there, outside of London they are pissed. 

I go by facts. The facts tell me this is truth. Polls are only as good as the willingness of the participants to be honest in their answers. Take the partisan framing out of the equation (which is tough because that's 99% of the polling shops' mission), and you still need people to be honest. 

What have we seen for two years in the media? A push to make any Trump supporter = a racist, bigot, white supremacist, Putin lover. Think the supporters are going to brag about their support to pollsters? Nah, man. You're dreaming if you think they would. 

Add 10 to any poll in favor of Trump and you'll be closer to the truth. 

I listen and read as much as I can from every source, including those. So you're wrong about me. As usual. And if you think NPR didn't have a bias -- and clearly lied for years about Trump/Russia, then you didn't listen to them either. Or you're not being honest. There was no "pro" Russia collusion story which wasn't a lie. So if they had "both pro and anti" then they were pushing lies. 

Knowingly. 

Here's an example of a laughably innacurate NPR story -- which wasn't inaccurate but an outright LIE:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/30/672188201/trump-jr-testimony-and-cohen-account

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/npr-takes-a-big-swing-at-donald-trump-jr-misses-badly/

Earlier today NPR published a report entitled “Trump Jr.’s 2017 Testimony Conflicts with Cohen’s Account of Russian Talks.”

That’s big news . . . if true.

If Trump’s testimony is in conflict with Cohen’s new version of his 2016 contacts with Russia, then it raises the possibility that Donald Jr. lied to Congress. He could face prosecution, bringing the Mueller investigation straight into the president’s family and potentially triggering a political crisis.

NPR, however, doesn’t deliver the goods. In fact, its entire story seems to be based on a misreading of the transcript of Donald Jr.’s testimony. 

The media is NOT your friend. They are not truth tellers. They are narrative engineers. 

Three years of "Trump is a Russian asset" from every outlet, including NPR and PBS, should tell you that on its own. If it doesn't, then I suggest the TDS has addled your discernment mechanisms. 

That's why you're so hopelessly lost and in for a crushing defeat (again) in 2020. 

They lied to us about WMD in Iraq -- and you still give them a pass. 

They lied to us about government spying on Americans -- and you still give them a pass. 

They lied to us about the results of a presidential election -- and you still give them a pass. 

They tried to assist the USIC with a backdoor coup in broad daylight by gaslighting the country -- and you still give them a pass. 

That's a you problem. I can only do so much to bring it to your attention, what you decide to do with this information is up to you. Do you go back to your ex who cheated on you, beat you, and called you stupid? Or do you wise up, move on, and start (finally) thinking for yourself? 

Maya-Rudolph-Okay.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Weak responses, Sissy Boys.

When you can't argue fact or reason -- it's all they have left. 

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah... that shows us!!!

Ralph-Richeson-Thumbs-Up.gif

It did. 

Your response should be embarrassing to you. But it's not, because you don't think for yourself. You're afraid to.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

intelligent teenagers are sensitive to social injustice and can't see why it won't be resolved instantly

hopefully one grows out of this as an adult and strives for useful solutions that take a long time (sometimes)

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

intelligent teenagers are sensitive to social injustice and can't see why it won't be resolved instantly

hopefully one grows out of this as an adult and strives for useful solutions that take a long time (sometimes)

Your assumptions are that solutions are needed.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Your assumptions are that solutions are needed.

yes, the beating up of and denial of basic human rights to people due to their race and lifestyle is a total evil that has to be stomped out

you should take a day off, you are due for one from here...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yes, the beating up of and denial of basic human rights to people due to their race and lifestyle is a total evil that has to be stomped out

you should take a day off, you are due for one from here...

Were you a long jumper in your previous life?

On 9/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Your response should be embarrassing to you. But it's not, because you don't think for yourself. You're afraid to.

I don't think he's afraid to think for himself. I think he's just incapable of it. Like Tibs and Qtip.

Some people are just not smart enough to think for themselves...or what the rest of us call the Democrat's base.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Any of the Democrat would be better than this idiot, worst president ever: 

Trump pushed staff to address NOAA tweet that contradicted his inaccurate claim

The president’s instruction led chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to call Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who instructed NOAA officials to put out a statement buttressing Trump's contention that Hurricane Dorian posed a threat to Alabama, according to officials.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Any of the Democrat would be better than this idiot, worst president ever: 

Trump pushed staff to address NOAA tweet that contradicted his inaccurate claim

The president’s instruction led chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to call Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who instructed NOAA officials to put out a statement buttressing Trump's contention that Hurricane Dorian posed a threat to Alabama, according to officials.

And you’d have preferred that thousands of people in Alabama die because your almighty government told them there was nothing to worry about? Nice!