Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was -- after you moved off your initial claims that Biden was going to win the nomination (and general). Biden never had a chance. Still doesn't. 

I disagree.  And I still think Biden is the nominee.

Neither do any of the ones running. ;) 

I disagree

Don't worry, you'll only have to rock this avatar for a year: 

Donald Trump Wallpaper | 9to5animations.com - HD Wallpapers, Gifs, Backgrounds, Images

Whatever you give me I'll do if I lose.  I honor my bets.

I doubt I lose.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hedge said:

What I like about Tom Steyer is his efficiency.

His ability to co-opt a picture of his staff buying polling numbers, with his campaign message in this advertisement, is first rate.

His Biden-like forgetfulness, that he created some of the corporate powers and special interests he is now assailing, is a thing to behold.

But, what I think I like the best, is his idea of “Join our campaign to clean up Washington". It’s a little wordy, though. Maybe try something like “Drain the Swamp”?

Several candidates rail on about money in politics and the corrupt game in Washington.  Liz is big on it.  I for once want the moderator to ask her, how are you going to do that?  This is how it's worked for the last 240+ years.  You were in the place where all this corruption was going on.  What did you do about it? 

I have some ideas.

Term limits.

Ban political advertising on TV (like cigarettes and weed in legal states).

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/09/09/cnns_climate_debate_hurts_the_democrats_it_tried_to_help_141204.html

This could have gone either here or the climate change hoax thread, but i put it here because i didn't want to interrupt @GaryPinC takedown of tibs.  since most of us have tibs on ignore, it's been entertaining watching someone try to engage our village idiot

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/09/09/cnns_climate_debate_hurts_the_democrats_it_tried_to_help_141204.html

This could have gone either here or the climate change hoax thread, but i put it here because i didn't want to interrupt @GaryPinC takedown of tibs.  since most of us have tibs on ignore, it's been entertaining watching someone try to engage our village idiot

??. Well, he did concede to me that number of major hurricanes is not increasing, only intensity.  So I give him full credit for that.   I'm not on here a ton but I don't think I've ever seen him concede a point.  He actually elevated himself over Mr. Weo and Badol.  ???

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And thus begins Biden's slide to political irrelevancy (until he or his kid are indicted).

Sorry, @transplantbillsfan you're going to lose badly on this one.

I'm just still scratching my head that you called me out over here when Biden is still winning in the vast majority of national polls.

I heard something on NPR today as I was driving to work that really struck a chord and made me think of this forum in particular.

It had to do with essentially the fracturing of America due to media and social media and how those things have provided all these little bubbles for sub-cultures and conspiracy theories to bubble up and fester and cook until they become"legitimized" because there are just that many people who believe it.

I could point out a bunch of examples because I think it would just touch some nerves over here.

But claiming Biden is going to be irrelevant in the Democratic primary is just silly. And claiming he'll be indicted is the product of exactly what the segment above mentions. And it's alive partially because our commander in tweets is at the head of the classroom for one of those subcultures, of which many here appear to embrace.

It's football season. Drown in your conspiracy theories over here. I'm happy to talk football, which I believe is the primary shared reason we're all here. Otherwise, leave me alone til this is all more relevant and clear.

Any liberal bothering to come over here to chat would be the equivalent of a division rival taking time out from his own team's forum to go over to another team's forum to try rationally talking football.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm just still scratching my head that you called me out over here when Biden is still winning in the vast majority of national polls.

I heard something on NPR today as I was driving to work that really struck a chord and made me think of this forum in particular.

It had to do with essentially the fracturing of America due to media and social media and how those things have provided all these little bubbles for sub-cultures and conspiracy theories to bubble up and fester and cook until they become"legitimized" because there are just that many people who believe it.

I could point out a bunch of examples because I think it would just touch some nerves over here.

But claiming Biden is going to be irrelevant in the Democratic primary is just silly. And claiming he'll be indicted is the product of exactly what the segment above mentions. And it's alive partially because our commander in tweets is at the head of the classroom for one of those subcultures, of which many here appear to embrace.

It's football season. Drown in your conspiracy theories over here. I'm happy to talk football, which I believe is the primary shared reason we're all here. Otherwise, leave me alone til this is all more relevant and clear.

Any liberal bothering to come over here to chat would be the equivalent of a division rival taking time out from his own team's forum to go over to another team's forum to try rationally talking football.

There are a lot of people hoping Biden is the candidate. They can continue to try and cover his heath issues (the MSM was pretty effective in doing so with Hillary), but with so many getting their "news" elsewhere, it may not work this time.  Biden's gaffes seem to be early stage dementia at this point. A total clampdown... gonna be tough. 

And, Joey-B is the very definition of a long term politician. 50 years and what? Gun-free zones were his big policy aka shooting fish in a barrel.

He definitely has political scandals. China and the Ukraine (where he is on tape admitting to his duplicity!) would make great TV ads. His son very well could be indicted. I have long thought he is in this specifically to scream "political prosecution" if it happens, and is running to try and prevent that.

There are a number of liberals posting in this sub-forum. There are even more political-mutts, myself included, who do not subscribe to any one political ideology. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not learning from 2016 is your first mistake. 

Continuing to put faith in polls which have been proven to be anything but accurate (let alone objective) is your second mistake. 

Not cutting out the establishment media from your information loop after it's been proven they lied (again) to you for 3 straight years about RUSSIA is your final mistake. 

2020 will be rough on your emotions. I'm sorry about that. But you have yourself to blame. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not learning from 2016 is your first mistake. 

Outlier

Continuing to put faith in polls which have been proven to be anything but accurate (let alone objective) is your second mistake. 

Polls along with projected delegate counts along with believing strongly that the Democratic primary voters' #1 priority is beating Trump, not putting a particular candidate in office.

Not cutting out the establishment media from your information loop after it's been proven they lied (again) to you for 3 straight years about RUSSIA is your final mistake. 

Sorry. Not diving into your shadow world. I like NPR and PBS newshour because they're pretty fair and balanced, unlike the station that actually touts that as their slogan.

2020 will be rough on your emotions. I'm sorry about that. But you have yourself to blame. 

Why? Are the Bills going to lose the Super Bowl in heartbreaking fashion? :flirt:

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Outlier

Incorrect. That's living with your head in the sand rather than dealing with reality. Look around the world, not just the country. Nationalism over Globalism is winning. As it should. 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Polls along with projected delegate counts along with believing strongly that the Democratic primary voters' #1 priority is beating Trump, not putting a particular candidate in office.

Polls are flawed, deeply, because they depend on the participants answering honestly. Even the polling which is honest and not pushing an agenda or trying to frame an issue (which is less than one percent of the polls out there) suffer from this. 

Believe your eyes, not the polls. No one is showing for Joe's rallies. He's got zero chance to win. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sorry. Not diving into your shadow world. I like NPR and PBS newshour because they're pretty fair and balanced, unlike the station that actually touts that as their slogan.

Being honest about the coverage is not living in a shadow world. It's living in truth. NPR and PBS both lied for three years about Russia collusion. NPR worse than most. To keep listening to them, after you know they've lied to your face for three plus years, shows how little discernment you have.

Which is why you'll lose. 

And keep losing. 

Until you wake up and realize the people you trust have abused that trust. Because they think you're too stupid to figure it out -- or too lazy to change. 

Prove them wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So now it's Arizona, Kansas, Nevada and South Carolina that have cancelled Republican primaries. Afraid Russia will hack the voting machines or something? 

Or is Trump just afraid of some close elections? 

Image result for don't throw me in the briar patch meaningGator utilizing one of his favorite "novels"

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Incorrect. That's living with your head in the sand rather than dealing with reality. Look around the world, not just the country. Nationalism over Globalism is winning. As it should. 

Head's not stuck in the sand because I didn't say and don't believe it was an outlier for just the US. 

It was an outlier year globally in a lot of ways.

A lot of places in the world are trying to self-correct right now or basically ride out the storms of the terms of guys who got into office due to what happened in that year or 2 span right around 2015-2016.

Do you think if Britian revoted on Brexit, it would still pass today?

Again, outlier

Polls are flawed, deeply, because they depend on the participants answering honestly. Even the polling which is honest and not pushing an agenda or trying to frame an issue (which is less than one percent of the polls out there) suffer from this. 

Believe your eyes, not the polls. No one is showing for Joe's rallies. He's got zero chance to win. 

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Being honest about the coverage is not living in a shadow world. It's living in truth. NPR and PBS both lied for three years about Russia collusion. NPR worse than most. To keep listening to them, after you know they've lied to your face for three plus years, shows how little discernment you have.

Do you even listen to either of those?

I'm sorry, that's a rhetorical question because it's extremely clear you don't.  

Neither outlet is a pundit talking the way Hannity or Rachel Maddow is.  Each had segments over the years that have been pro and anti Russia collusion.

Get your head out of the sand and stop just believing what your underground media is telling you.

Which is why you'll lose. 

And keep losing. 

Until you wake up and realize the people you trust have abused that trust. Because they think you're too stupid to figure it out -- or too lazy to change. 

Sounds like our cheeto in chief

Prove them wrong. 

Amen brotha.  Amen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Head's not stuck in the sand because I didn't say and don't believe it was an outlier for just the US. 

It was an outlier year globally in a lot of ways.

A lot of places in the world are trying to self-correct right now or basically ride out the storms of the terms of guys who got into office due to what happened in that year or 2 span right around 2015-2016.

Do you think if Britian revoted on Brexit, it would still pass today?

It would pass by a WIDER margin than before. Talk to the people there, outside of London they are pissed. 

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I go by facts. The facts tell me this is truth. Polls are only as good as the willingness of the participants to be honest in their answers. Take the partisan framing out of the equation (which is tough because that's 99% of the polling shops' mission), and you still need people to be honest. 

What have we seen for two years in the media? A push to make any Trump supporter = a racist, bigot, white supremacist, Putin lover. Think the supporters are going to brag about their support to pollsters? Nah, man. You're dreaming if you think they would. 

Add 10 to any poll in favor of Trump and you'll be closer to the truth. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do you even listen to either of those?

I'm sorry, that's a rhetorical question because it's extremely clear you don't.  

Neither outlet is a pundit talking the way Hannity or Rachel Maddow is.  Each had segments over the years that have been pro and anti Russia collusion.

Get your head out of the sand and stop just believing what your underground media is telling you.

I listen and read as much as I can from every source, including those. So you're wrong about me. As usual. And if you think NPR didn't have a bias -- and clearly lied for years about Trump/Russia, then you didn't listen to them either. Or you're not being honest. There was no "pro" Russia collusion story which wasn't a lie. So if they had "both pro and anti" then they were pushing lies. 

Knowingly. 

Here's an example of a laughably innacurate NPR story -- which wasn't inaccurate but an outright LIE:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/30/672188201/trump-jr-testimony-and-cohen-account

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/npr-takes-a-big-swing-at-donald-trump-jr-misses-badly/

Earlier today NPR published a report entitled “Trump Jr.’s 2017 Testimony Conflicts with Cohen’s Account of Russian Talks.”

That’s big news . . . if true.

If Trump’s testimony is in conflict with Cohen’s new version of his 2016 contacts with Russia, then it raises the possibility that Donald Jr. lied to Congress. He could face prosecution, bringing the Mueller investigation straight into the president’s family and potentially triggering a political crisis.

NPR, however, doesn’t deliver the goods. In fact, its entire story seems to be based on a misreading of the transcript of Donald Jr.’s testimony. 

The media is NOT your friend. They are not truth tellers. They are narrative engineers. 

Three years of "Trump is a Russian asset" from every outlet, including NPR and PBS, should tell you that on its own. If it doesn't, then I suggest the TDS has addled your discernment mechanisms. 

That's why you're so hopelessly lost and in for a crushing defeat (again) in 2020. 

They lied to us about WMD in Iraq -- and you still give them a pass. 

They lied to us about government spying on Americans -- and you still give them a pass. 

They lied to us about the results of a presidential election -- and you still give them a pass. 

They tried to assist the USIC with a backdoor coup in broad daylight by gaslighting the country -- and you still give them a pass. 

That's a you problem. I can only do so much to bring it to your attention, what you decide to do with this information is up to you. Do you go back to your ex who cheated on you, beat you, and called you stupid? Or do you wise up, move on, and start (finally) thinking for yourself? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1