Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hell yeah I am.

Wife and I owe the government for the first time ever despite owning a house and her claiming 0 and me claiming 1.

And call that my fault for not adjusting if you want, but that shouldn't have happened. That's happening to a lot of people.

This is supposedly Trump's biggest accomplishment, except as projected his "biggest tax cut in history" is doing more for the wealthy than the middle class and is making a yuuUUUgggee dent in our national debt, which Republicans seem to care about a lot until they're in office.

Besides, the economy of the last 2 years has really just mostly been riding the coattails of the economy of the previous 7 years. And it's slowing down.

Yes. Biden is the guy I want running the most because I feel pretty confident he's easily going to beat Trump... and see portion of my above post for at least part of the reason I feel that way.

Are you voting for him because:

The way he humiliated Anita Hill in the Clarence Thomas hearing?

The crime legislation that he voted for in 1994?

He voted against gay marriage?

He voted for the Iraqi war?

He advised Obama not to go after Osama?

His "Villages" song is so uplifting?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aloha Transplant

Shielded and insulated as you are in the public sector (you may recall my wife is also a public educator) you’re not in an ideal position to make judgements on the state of the economy. Virtually everyone in the private sector knows that there’s far more optimism now than during the previous administration ...and the US economy runs on future forecasts. And much like climate change, one can debate whether the economic fortunes are due to the current or previous actions it’s not even close to debatable that things are MUCH MUCH better now. Enjoy the peace and prosperity while it lasts, because it won’t and never will. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See, this is the rabbit hole I'm not going down and the reason I don't stay.

You're trying to cherry pick and oversimplify. 

I'm just going to say I disagree and enjoy my holiday off with the family.

Happy early Easter and Go BILLS!!!

The irony here is incredible.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hell yeah I am.

Wife and I owe the government for the first time ever despite owning a house and her claiming 0 and me claiming 1.

And call that my fault for not adjusting if you want, but that shouldn't have happened. That's happening to a lot of people. 

so you're saying a lot of people got to take home more of their money and let it gain interest (or spend it, no judgement) as opposed to letting the government hold it all year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The irony here is incredible.

so you're saying a lot of people got to take home more of their money and let it gain interest (or spend it, no judgement) as opposed to letting the government hold it all year?

Anyone blaming anyone but themselves for not getting as much of a refund or having to send the government a check come tax time is a fool. C'monIwannalayu is obviously not a math teacher.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

aloha Transplant

Shielded and insulated as you are in the public sector (you may recall my wife is also a public educator) you’re not in an ideal position to make judgements on the state of the economy. Virtually everyone in the private sector knows that there’s far more optimism now than during the previous administration ...and the US economy runs on future forecasts. And much like climate change, one can debate whether the economic fortunes are due to the current or previous actions it’s not even close to debatable that things are MUCH MUCH better now. Enjoy the peace and prosperity while it lasts, because it won’t and never will. 

My wife is in the private sector.

13 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The reason teachers don't get paid more is not because the job is not valuable: It's because so many people can do it. They are paid what the economy dictates. 

You also have to temper salaries to accommodate the dumbest truth about teaching: tenure. When you can have a job from which you can NOT be fired, simply because you stayed with it long enough, you're begging for a defective product and red ink.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You also have to temper salaries to accommodate the dumbest truth about teaching: tenure. When you can have a job from which you can NOT be fired, simply because you stayed with it long enough, you're begging for a defective product and red ink.

His foolishness ALL makes sense now. Schoolteachers (especially rabid NEA members) are all about that entitlement mentality. After all, they're suffering you know. Overworked and underpaid :lol:

And lest he spouts some trash to me, he should know I was married to a unionized,  tenured schoolteacher for 15 years. I know EXACTLY how much work veteran teachers put in on their off time.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

On 4/19/2019 at 4:20 PM, BeginnersMind said:

Back on topic: Looks like Biden is finally launching. He’s a guy that would worry Trump. He can namecall creepy Uncle Joe but he speaks to the states Trump must win. 

Biden, Bernie

Biden will formally announce on Wednesday. What on earth can we expect from that gaffe-prone moron this time around?

Will he again borrow verbatim more speeches from British pol Neal Pinnock?

Will his plagiarism scandal from his law school days at Syracuse resurface?  

(He directly copied 5 pages into a 15-page paper.)

Will he again tell us how, when the Great Depression of 1929 occurred, President Roosevelt got on television to reassure the American people?

(Never mind that there were no televisions in 1929, or that FDR wasn’t President until 1932.)

Will he whisper, within range of an open mike and loud enough to be heard, “This is a big f****ing deal”?

Just how will Joe self-destruct this time, and how long will it take?

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes. Biden is the guy I want running the most because I feel pretty confident he's easily going to beat Trump... and see portion of my above post for at least part of the reason I feel that way.

See my post above.

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Biden will formally announce on Wednesday. What on earth can we expect from that gaffe-prone moron this time around?

Will he again borrow verbatim more speeches fro British pol Neal Pinnock?

Will he again tell us how, when the Great Depression of 1929 occurred, President Roosevelt got on television to reassure the American people?

(Never mind that there were no televisions in 1929, or that FDR wasn’t President until 1932.)

Will he whisper, within range of an open mike and loud enough to be heard, “This is a big f****ing deal”?

Maybe he's going to cut another record:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So she should know and should be experiencing the economic upturn. Unless of course she’s in one of the rare industries that’s been on the sidelines during this boom.

To be clear, I didn't say the economy is horrible.

It's good for now, but it was growing steadily in the 7 years prior to Trump taking office, so calling this "the Trump economy" as though he created this is disingenuous.

And projections are that the economy is slowing down. And this tax cut is breadcrumbs for the middle class and sandwiches for the wealthy. And it's adding SooOOooo much to the deficit, which as you know is something Republicans apparently care a lot about when Democrats are in office. And as far as feelings about those tax cuts:

jlpcpdxr5kmlxwhv3bhayg.png

Does a 40% approval rating really jump out at you? I mean... that 40% is pretty ironic since it's pretty much where Trump's approval rating hovers, but if Independents are the determining factor in Trump getting reelected, 32% doesn't bode well.

The economy got a shot in the arm last year with the Tax cuts... we have 18 1/2 months until the election.

How confident are you it will get better or at least stay the same?

And as for the folks bringing up all the stuff about skeletons in Biden's closet coming out... well... Trump still got elected, so likely will Biden if he winds up being the nominee.

Another big mistake on Trump's part, I believe, was renewing his pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act... though now he says they will put that off til after the election, which will make many of those who were "on the fence" vote against him considering he just wants it gone (Dude has serious Presidential Envy going on) with no plan to replace it with anything. Hell, even Fox friggin News had a poll in the last year that showed it had a 51% approval among Americans and this guy says to axe it without even a replacement plan?

The guy's an idiot and just needs to go.

7 hours ago, The Senator said:

Will he again borrow verbatim more speeches from British pol Neal Pinnock?

I don’t think Trump will be bringing up any open mic moments, do you?

Has Trump taught you nothing?

Ignore that stuff and no. One. Cares. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

Aloha Transplant 

You lost me again. The election boil down to , and every President should be judged on, peace and prosperity. Every indication is that we’ll still have both by next fall. You’re of course free to think he’s an idiot but I’ll take him over any of the government inbred clowns the Democrats are tossing out there.

Mahalo

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Aloha Transplant 

You lost me again. The election boil down to , and every President should be judged on, peace and prosperity. Every indication is that we’ll still have both by next fall. You’re of course free to think he’s an idiot but I’ll take him over any of the government inbred clowns the Democrats are tossing out there.

Mahalo

Yup

The economy.