Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of opposition research team did Ted Cruz have!? Did Ted Cruz have an opposition research team?  No one spoke to these officers before this when Robert Francis was running for the Senate? When he was a Rep? 

Officers at scene of Beto O’Rourke’s 1998 DWI crash say they believe he tried to flee

Until now, O’Rourke, who denies trying to flee the wreck, was the only person present at the scene of the collision to speak out publicly about what happened that night. “I believe we have contradicting stories here,” says the officer who arrested him.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

2020 National Democratic Primary:

Biden 27%

Sanders 20%

Buttigieg 8%

Harris 8%

Warren 6%

O'Rourke 4%

Booker 2%

Hickenlooper 2%

Klobuchar 1%

de Blasio 1%

Castro 0%

Gillibrand 0%

Inslee 0%

McAuliffe 0%

Messam 0%

Moulton 0%

Swalwell 0%

Williamson 0%

Yang 0%

Bennet 0%

Bullock 0%

Delaney 0%

Gabbard 0%

Ryan 0%

@MonmouthPoll 4/11-15

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

2020 National Democratic Primary:

Biden 27%

Sanders 20%

Buttigieg 8%

Harris 8%

Warren 6%

O'Rourke 4%

Booker 2%

Hickenlooper 2%

Klobuchar 1%

de Blasio 1%

Castro 0%

Gillibrand 0%

Inslee 0%

McAuliffe 0%

Messam 0%

Moulton 0%

Swalwell 0%

Williamson 0%

Yang 0%

Bennet 0%

Bullock 0%

Delaney 0%

Gabbard 0%

Ryan 0%

@MonmouthPoll 4/11-15

There might be one sane person on that list.

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Mayor Pete does himself no favors going after Pence. In spite of the way the left lies to sue Christians into a stereotype, genuine Christians have open arms for homosexuals. 

Yeah, I get it. The Bible is strict about gay marriage, but other than the hard-core evangelists who take the word of God out of context or are considered legalistic, Christians would vote for a homosexual. And trying to rile the LGBTQ base by going after Pence, a man who has always said nice things about Pete, is bad advice.

And by LGBTQ, I don't mean this...

I support lgbtq liberty guns bible trump bbq Unisex T-Shirt

Though the irony will be lost on Franklin Graham, he just boosted Buttigieg's popularity immensely. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

There might be one sane person on that list.

PJ O’Rourke is running?  As a democrat???

Seriously, Biden will now declare tomorrow, a day later than he said he would.  Sounds like there's some squabbling going on even before the formal announcement.

(Remember, Sen. Ted Kennedy led incumbent President Jimmy Carter 58% to 25% until Ted’s famously incoherent interview with Roger Mudd.)

Donald Segretti and Lee Atwater are long gone, but I’m sure The Donald has his own dirt diggers.

How long before some independent but GOP-leaning PAC finds videos like this?

Edited by The Senator

16 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I was shocked at how many countries allow prisoners to vote.  Even fricken Canada.  Seems crazy to me.

https://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000289

• Like (+1) 3

Are you referring to Beto or PJ?

Have you read Republican Reptile or Parliament of Whores?

I put PJ O’Rourke among my favorite reads, up there with Hunter Thompson, R. Emmett Tyrrell, Bukowski, Vonnegut, et al.

Colbert was climbing up onto that list, til he ran out of jokes and turned to relentless incessant Trump bashing.

Biden will be every late-night comedian’s dream come true.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

Though the irony will be lost on Franklin Graham, he just boosted Buttigieg's popularity immensely. 

It's interesting to me that Buttigieg is diving into religion and faith as much as he is.  That's not something you typically see from a Democratic candidate.  The cynical side of me is he's doing it to stand out from the pack, to help him win over minority voters, and to possibly pick up some evangelical voters turned off by Trump.