For those that say McDermott is a younger jauron

Steptide

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Weird because most people think McDermott has no personality. Just clapping, yelling, and having a pulse doesn't equate to personality.

That said, I'm not sure what "having personality" has to do with coaching a team.

I think personality has a lot to do with coaching a football team.

I think it has nothing to do with satisfying the inane demands of idiot fans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Dont care about personality. 

Put a modern NFL offense on the field, play Modern NFL football. 

Sad when you are plus 2 in turn over ratio and really should have lost the game (and still needed a 4th QTR drive and a long FG to win by 1)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

I think you are probably right there. You put it better than I did. How he is perceived by us in terms of personality or what he shows is rather meaningless.

But I'll agree personality is important in all aspects of life, but a personality type is important when you have to manage all the people that they do.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sad when you are plus 2 in turn over ratio and really should have lost the game (and still needed a 4th QTR drive and a long FG to win by 1)

So now driving for the winning score in the final few minutes of a game = "should have lost the game"?   Priceless  :lol:

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So now driving for the winning score in the final few minutes of a game = "should have lost the game"?   Priceless  :lol:

It’s booby, man.

Just now, BillsVet said:

No dissenting opinions tolerated here!  

Especially when they’re absurd 

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah 98% of NFL players catch that TD pass and walk in dont they?? 

Such a great offense needs a +2 to win by 1. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott is WAY more aggressive than Jauron was. He isn’t scared to go on 4th and would never punt from the 35. McDermott is a good football coach. His team just isn’t very good.

I agree. He's much more gutsy than Jauron. Sometimes he'll make a head scratching decision, but it'd usually not a gutless one

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Don't care about personality... well then you don't understand any sort of team game, which breaks down to individual people and personal interactions. 

Titans offensive coordinator Matt LeFleur is a Shanahan and McVay disciple, supposedly one of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today... their modern NFL offense got them a whopping 4 field goals against this McDermott coached team that you despise so much. 

Just support your damn team and the next time a big time position opens with the Bills coaching staff, throw your resume in the pile - I'm sure they'll give you a long hard look. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Don't care about personality... well then you don't understand any sort of team game, which breaks down to individual people and personal interactions. 

Titans offensive coordinator Matt LeFleur is a Shanahan and McVay disciple, supposedly one of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today... their modern NFL offense got them a whopping 4 field goals against this McDermott coached team that you despise so much. 

Just support your damn team and the next time a big time position opens with the Bills coaching staff, throw your resume in the pile - I'm sure they'll give you a long hard look. 

Ahhhh the get off my lawn post. Yep was waiting for it. 

I think jauron was a great guy, and very smart. I heard Kyle Williams say once how much he loved him and was almost a father type figure (this wasn't while jauron was the coach either). However, jauron was so conservative it'd make you tear your hair out. We had 3 seasons of run run pass on offense. It was so predictable and awful. I'm actually surprised we were able to go 7-9 so many times. 

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Now THIS is a legit take.

The whole "McDermott is Jauron" thing comes from the like of BADOLBILZ and Bill in NYC, who are pretty vocal in their lack of belief in McDermott.

Yeah, super legit.

McD literally punted from the Colts 41 on 4th and 1, in OT with 4:13 to play.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

someone smarter than I am will know this stat. But haven't we gone for it more on 4th down more under McDermott in a season and a half than we ever did under Juron? The next time Juron shows emotion while patrolling the sideline will be the first. Sean is 100% in the game. Every snap. Even McDermott's challenges are interesting

Edited by DRA3196
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

No counter to the points? Obviously not because you're a blowhard. 

What that I can be happy with a win. Happy with how defense played and NOT happy with how Offense played. That makes me a blowhard and not a fan. Cool. Go back to your cup of process 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think jauron was a great guy, and very smart. I heard Kyle Williams say once how much he loved him and was almost a father type figure (this wasn't while jauron was the coach either). However, jauron was so conservative it'd make you tear your hair out. We had 3 seasons of run run pass on offense. It was so predictable and awful. I'm actually surprised we were able to go 7-9 so many times. 

And this Offense is so much different how??

i mean you like the QB draw on 3rd and 22 around midfield?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

What that I can be happy with a win. Happy with how defense played and NOT happy with how Offense played. That makes me a blowhard and not a fan. Cool. Go back to your cup of process 

You've said nothing positive until this post, and you still managed to be negative. If you're happy with a win, then you have a funny way of showing it. 

Yes, you're a blowhard. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

You've said nothing positive until this post, and you still managed to be negative. If you're happy with a win, then you have a funny way of showing it. 

Yes, you're a blowhard. 

Really then you need to read. I was positive about Phillips. Positive about happy with the win. 

So GTFO and back to your cup of Process 

Edited by MAJBobby