5-11 in our last 16 games

uticaclub

15 hours ago, vincec said:

I thought the process was to "win now and build for the future," from McDermott's own mouth. I didn't realize we gave up on the first part.

But we have 10 draft picks.   And they will draft 10 probowlers.  Jesus can’t you get this?   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Doesn't matter what the record is over the last 16, unless its post week 17. This year's team is completely different. This seems like one of those cherry-picking to support agenda comments (although a motivated/level headed Dareus would have a much greater impact than a motivated Benjamin).

So your assessment is that this is just fake news and the bills don’t suck? Lol 

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well then you are barking up the wrong tree.  These are not the same owners.  This is not the same FO.  This is not the same Coaching staff.  Everything that has happened since 1960 literally has zero relevancy to what our current regime is doing now to build a team that can CONTEND, not squeak into the playoffs and put up 3 points.  You want to win, guess what, it does NOT happen in one draft...Beane was here ONE draft.  And in that draft he got the most talented QB and LB prospects this team has had since the SB years.  

So no offense, but again, who carrrrrreessss about the past.  I care about the now and tomorrow.  You guys living in the past just wallow yourselves in misery for no reason.  I dont want to see another a middling 7 to 9 win team, I want to REALLY CONTEND.  They had to TEAR DOWN YESTERDAY to build for tomorrow because YESTERDAY hasn't been good enough for decades as you already alluded too.

This isn't a video game, you cant do it one off season.  

....good stuff 'Dawg.....keep in mind Pegula is not some aloof check writer nor is he one to meddle....BUT....he does pay close attention to his club and asks pertinent questions...will share this little tidbit.....the last game before the London trip, TP was watching Sportscenter in his office after the Bills loss........pretty sure it was a Sunday where at least 2 backup QB's started, threw for 300+ leading their teams to victories...TrainWrecks and Roman were walking by his office so he called them in....to paraphrase, the question was , "why can't OUR players do this?".......NEITHER had answers and quietly walked out.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, the Vet QB you speak of was Kirk Cousins at $20 mill per year.  Lol

This season had an unusually broad crop of QB available, including Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Terry Bridgewater and going long in the tooth before resigning - Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick or the current FA Matt Moore and Derek Anderson. 

What's the thing with the Cousins fixation?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So your assessment is that this is just fake news and the bills don’t suck? Lol 

My assessment is that last year has nothing to do with this year. This team is totally different. So many new players, and new OC. That shouldn't be hard to comprehend. You're lol at an assessment that I didn't make.

My assessment is that the Bills are 1-3 in their last 4 (the only games that matter right now), and that they suck, which is exactly how I though they would look.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This season had an unusually broad crop of QB available, including Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Terry Bridgewater and going long in the tooth before resigning - Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick or the current FA Matt Moore and Derek Anderson. 

What's the thing with the Cousins fixation?

Not fixated. But do you really want to pay Cousins or Bradford millions of dollars to sit behind Allen and teach him? Matt Moore has opted out (voluntarily). That left Bridgwater and ——————— (fill in the blank). Point is, there are no quality vet mentors that will take “vet mentor” money. 

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not fixated. But do you really want to pay Cousins or Bradford millions of dollars to sit behind Allen and teach him? Matt Moore has opted out (voluntarily). That left Bridgwater and ——————— (fill in the blank). Point is, there are no quality vet mentors that will take “vet mentor” money. 

....interesting...."no thanks" to Titans and Niners as well............

TitansInsider.com's Terry McCormick reports free agent Matt Moore has turned down a chance to work out for the Titans.

Per McCormick, Moore has also been contacted by the 49ers. His interest level there is unclear. It's unusual for a non-retired free agent to turn down a workout. Perhaps Moore didn't like his odds of being signed or the potential money. Moore would be an upgrade on Blaine Gabbert behind Marcus Mariota.
Sep 25 - 1:54 PM

On 10/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, billsfan89 said:

It's been an ugly season so far. But its not like the Bills don't have a long term plan in place for success. The current regime hasn't "shot their shot" yet. So far their drafts have been strong and their free agency periods have had mixed results (2017 with McD and Whaley they did a good job finding some players with limited cap space but in 2018 McBeane's two big free agent acquisitions have been underwhelming at best.) But the current regime has the cap space to build the roster that can have a talent level needed to compete. 2019 will be make or break. 2018 was always a rebuilding year in my mind. They changed from a veteran QB and moved on from some older players. They also had to eat a lot of dead cap to get out from under certain salary cap constraints. 

But if they have the cap space in 2019 and can't progress this team they deserved to be **** canned. 

What is this great plan???  Turning the clock back to the 1970s?   They've made a good start.  The current Bills are certainly as uncompetitive in the NFL as they were through most of the 1970s.

On 10/4/2018 at 6:16 PM, matter2003 said:

What did you expect? They jettisoned bad contracts and players they did not want, have $50+ million in dead cap this year, and are largely devoid of talent especially on the offensive side of the ball.

The plan wasn't to be good in 2018. The plan was to set the table for next year, take our lumps, likely get a high draft pick and go into next year with $90+ million in cap space to sign FAs.  

Now, there is no guarantee their plan will actually work once they implement it. But make no mistake about it, they have a very detailed plan and are following it to a T

ROTFLMAO.  So, these clowns have spent 2 seasons getting ready to implement their great plan to turn the clock back to the 1970s?  Got it.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:55 PM, Scott7975 said:

Except this is the first time in a very long time a staff has done this.  The last few staffs were always about win now which led them to bad decisions in drafts and in contracts.  That is the reason we are where we are today.  The status quo wasn't doing us any good... as you have lived through for the last decade.  Whether this staff can properly build a team now that the resources are in place to do so, I don't know but I am at least going to see if they can before I pull out my pitchfork.

Everyone is all upset that we jettisoned all this talent because we were clearly on the verge of something.  That was the thinking for the last 10 years... maybe if we throw 100 mil at this one more player we can make the playoffs.  This is what kept us in the gutter.  This staff wants to get away from that and I commend them for it.  Next year is the year we should start seeing some semblance of a team. 

Bull manure!  Since the Bills got rid of the last "my way or the highway" jackass (Dick Jauron) in 2009, they've had GMs who knew personnel (Nix and Whaley) and HCs who were at least smart enough not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.   The current regime is another "my way or the highway" HC with his 1970s mentality with control over personnel and a GM with no personnel experience -- and the sad state of the current Bills reflects that.  The longer these two are in charge, the further the Bills will fall behind the rest of the NFL.

11 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Edited by SoTier