2018 Head Coach Rankings

On 10/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, H2o said:

I'm talking 47-3 beatdowns. They haven't had 3 of those. The defense stepped up and the O did something in the 2nd half of the Chargers game. Despite the score of the GB game the D wasn't terrible. The offense was inept and Allen played like a rookie. If you think McDermott is on the "hot seat" then you are sadly mistaken my friend. He just coached an average team into the playoffs for the first time in 18 years about 10 months ago no matter how it went down. 

So the defense is either as average as the offense or it’s just plain wasted by McClappy. 

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott tied for 28th in the ranking.

McClappy has been fired in all of his stops as a failed DC and pretty soon he will transition to OC as Canned Chan Gailey had. 

On 11/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, entropyrules said:

while I am not a huge fan of McDermot its just difficult to understand how Bowles and Marrone are ranked ahead of him

They are better Coaches who have done more with less.  

On 10/19/2018 at 4:07 PM, ngbills said:

Keep McD

Hire Mike McCoy

Trade for AJ McCarron 

Give it to L McCoy

Sign WR Tre McBride, Max McBride, Riley McCaron to play with Ray Ray McCloud

Find every other Mc possible

Win the McSuper Bowl

A team which rolls over to the Red Coats; BRILLIANT!  I’ll go crack a Kaliber! 

26 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So the defense is either as average as the offense or it’s just plain wasted by McClappy. 

McClappy has been fired in all of his stops as a failed DC and pretty soon he will transition to OC as Canned Chan Gailey had. 

you think marrone has done more with less?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:31 AM, Joeziehmer said:

McDermott was let go after Reid was fired in Philly, which is typical when a new coach comes in. 

He remained Carolina's DC from the time he got the job in 2011 until the Bills offered him the HC job here.

Nice try, tho.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 7:31 AM, Joeziehmer said:

You obviously live in an alternate dimension.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

McDermott is a strong leader of men with a compassionate side. I think the KB debacle was an example of his willingness to work with a struggling young man but he may have learned a thing or two from the situation. He's going to be a terrific coach, especially if he remains aggressive as I also think he's learning to be less conservative.

He appears to have his philosphy but is also open to new ideas should they become available. He is growing into a champion IMO. He deserves some criticism for the Peterman debacle but he falsely believed in the kid.

Written by the HCR staff... one fat kid in his moms basement who mostly doesn't have a clue. 

While McD, Beane faltered this year, they also corrected some issues. This could have been a winning season even with a rookie RB had the team built a better offensive line and ran the ball more often early on. We need to see how free agency and the draft work out in 2019.

The owners might not be happy with a 5-9 season. I know I'm not!