2018 Head Coach Rankings

On 10/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, H2o said:

I'm talking 47-3 beatdowns. They haven't had 3 of those. The defense stepped up and the O did something in the 2nd half of the Chargers game. Despite the score of the GB game the D wasn't terrible. The offense was inept and Allen played like a rookie. If you think McDermott is on the "hot seat" then you are sadly mistaken my friend. He just coached an average team into the playoffs for the first time in 18 years about 10 months ago no matter how it went down. 

That was what, the first or second worst loss in franchise history? 

They aren't going to one up that every week. I agree he isn't on the hot seat but they were never in the LA or GB games. I realistically don't think he can get on the hot seat, but if the trend continues and it's 6 of 8 games, 12 of 16 that they are just not even competing in. I'm not sure what would happen. They just have to show improvement and at least be in games to keep him off the hot seat in my opinion.

It really isn't that big of an ask, but the way this team looks offensively, I don't know.

12 hours ago, FLFan said:

Based on what? Some idiotic Internet ranking?  Last year he was a coach of the year candidate.  Hopefully Bills ownership is a bit more  savvy than to place any stock in the opinions of random internet bloggers or fickle fans.

Exactly.  Moronic.

....wasn't Chuckie ranked in the top 10 HC pre-season poll on some site?.....

I don't think that either McDermott or Beane are currently on the hot seat. I do think that they need to make some things happen, to keep it that way. Notably getting Offensive improvement all around. The D is not (currently) the major issue, but the O most certainly is.

Somewhere along the way, we have to develop a functional offense. If that doesn't happen through the last 4 or 5 games of the season, then heads should start to roll.

While it does take time for O-Lines to gel, with the exception of Bodine, these guys have all been with the Bills the last couple of years, so should be capable of working together, much better than they currently are.

McD appears to take his job seriously and he appears to have his team engaged. The problem is that he has a severe shortage of talent on this roster and an offensive coordinator that’s apparently feeling his way through the first month of the season (clearly not McDs strength). I’m not anti-McD...yet...but the strategic moves that he Beane make in the coming off season are going to say a lot about whether the Emporer is Naked.

6 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I don't see it. The Pegulas will give McD & Beane at least three years. 

I agree. They'll have until the end of the 2019 season at a minimum.  Anything less than that doesn't make any sense to me as it would not afford them the chance to see their plans to remake the roster through. 

Honestly the Bills have recently been very lucky with the draft defensively, and very unlucky offensively. The defense is insane considering for how long it has to be on the field. The rookies are pretty dynamic and fit into their roles well, they seem to have hit on many players even finding starters and solid depth in later rounds. The scheme and coaching are good. On offense the picks have been pretty lackluster or average at best. Dion Dawkins is pretty good I guess. There is little talent to begin with and absolutely no depth. McDermott and the GM need to invest some serious FA money into PROVEN commodities on the Oline and WR. I think McDermott is doing a good job given his woeful offense. Hes won 2 games already and many feel this may be the least talented team in the league.

The Bills have real depth on Defense especially on Dline and the Safety.

McDermott may end up being a Legendary Defensive coach. Which is will be fine if he gets some better players on offense. The offense doesnt even need to be that good but it has to at least be functional.

Next year will tell alot.