2018 Head Coach Rankings

1 hour ago, PearlHowardman said:

If the Jets dump Todd Bowles and hire SB winning and former Packers coach Mike McCarthy the Bills seriously need to consider replacing Sean McDermott at the end of this season.

McCarthy/Darnold > McDermott/Allen.

:mellow:

The dude was carried by Rogers for years. What makes you think having DARNOLD as his head hancho will suddenly put the Jets into contention? They are the Packers offense without Rogers: no play makers. 

EDIT: I don't think it's smart to base your own head coaching decisions on another teams moves. That's the equivalent of buying a new car because you neighbor got one. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PearlHowardman said:

If the Jets dump Todd Bowles and hire SB winning and former Packers coach Mike McCarthy the Bills seriously need to consider replacing Sean McDermott at the end of this season.

McCarthy might be the most overrated coach of all time.  Hes had one of the best QBs ever and cant make the freaking playoffs.   No rodgers and you've never even heard of McCarthy. 

Just tossing this out there again for those who think McDermott sucks. 

2 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

The Packers have not done much, despite having one of the most talented QB's of all time. Does anyone think that Rodgers should only have 1 Superbowl win?

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

McCarthy might be the most overrated coach of all time.  Hes had one of the best QBs ever and cant make the freaking playoffs.   No rodgers and you've never even heard of McCarthy. 

Just tossing this out there again for those who think McDermott sucks. 

Thanks. McD gets so much out of his players , and we had the least expensive active roster in 2018 by a pretty large margin. He has an excellent defense with 5 first or 2nd year players starting on it . Dude can coach his butt off, happy he is a Bill.

Edited by JerseyBills

To All:  I never said that the Jets would win the Super Bowl with McCarthy as the head coach.  I said that the Jets would be better than the Bills with McCarthy as head coach.  Think about that.  Time to dump McDermott.

44 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Dude can coach his butt off, happy he is a Bill.

:doh:

43 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Thanks. McD gets so much out of his players , and we had the least expensive active roster in 2018 by a pretty large margin. He has an excellent defense with 5 first or 2nd year players starting on it . Dude can coach his butt off, happy he is a Bill.

Discipline and clock management are still major issues. His staff hires have been terrible. Add in the frequent blowouts and I'm not sure how many people can defend him. I keep seeing that he gets the most out of his players, but I see players giving up on the field almost every Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Discipline and clock management are still major issues. His staff hires have been terrible. Add in the frequent blowouts and I'm not sure how many people can defend him. I keep seeing that he gets the most out of his players, but I see players giving up on the field almost every Sunday.

...agree.....at the same time, he is just finishing up his 2nd year as a HC and realistically there is a learning curve IMO......he has some homework to do this off season and personnel evaluations MUST include coaches.......cannot just be players.....

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree.....at the same time, he is just finishing up his 2nd year as a HC and realistically there is a learning curve IMO......he has some homework to do this off season and personnel evaluations MUST include coaches.......cannot just be players.....

I totally agree with the curve, but unfortunately he was given too much power too fast. It just looks like he is in over his head all the time. He still struggles with time outs. That's not the type of coach I would prefer to run a rebuild.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I totally agree with the curve, but unfortunately he was given too much power too fast. It just looks like he is in over his head all the time. He still struggles with time outs. That's not the type of coach I would prefer to run a rebuild.

...DEFINITELY agree....hiring HC FIRST and then a GM was a head scratcher.......and I certainly would not agree with both being direct reports to Pegula....tends to undermine....think we could learn quite a bit with his off season coaching evaluations.....there are certainly some serious change considerations IMO....remember that nepotism/protectionism cost Wade his job in 1999.....will never be convinced that some of these coaches are purely "victims of poor personnel".......53 guys making $170+ mil ALL suck, except for a handful?....

4 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

I love reading this board. It feeds my Bills habit on a daily basis. However, idiocy is sometimes difficult to tolerate. This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen.

8 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I love reading this board. It feeds my Bills habit on a daily basis. However, idiocy is sometimes difficult to tolerate. This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen.

Sometimes I wonder if they're tongue in cheek tricksters and hucksters.

Nobody can honestly believe the Jets head coaching choice should impact things over at One Bills drive. I don't like to bash others opinions, but that's beyond the pale in my humble opinion.

Edited by BillsSB2020

41 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

No sold on McDermott yet,  but McCarthy is not good. 

Agreed.  It will be funny if some team hires McCarthy.  He is the only person who could stop Rodgers.  He kept a terrible DC with a terrible rug for years and every other qb he mentored besides Rodgers was terrible.  If he gets another job, A A Ron should get a % of his paycheck.

Jaguars, Panthers Expected to Keep Their Head Coaches for 2019

By Ian Rapoport - NFL Network Insider

By this time of year, with just two games to go, teams guaranteed to miss the playoffs have accepted their fate. They are mathematically eliminated and have their eyes on next season, while weighing what will change.

For at least two 2017 playoff participants that missed the party this year, continuity and stability are the expected outcomes.

Both the Jaguars and Panthers, at the tail end of lost seasons, are expected to keep their head coaches for the 2019 season, sources say.

After making the AFC title game last season, Doug Marrone's injury-plagued team started 3-1 before stumbling to a 4-10 mark thus far. Meanwhile, Ron Rivera's Panthers have lost six in a row while also shutting down injured QB Cam Newton for the season.

Barring a dramatic shift that is not anticipated, both should back and there are reasons why.

For the Jaguars, owner Shahid Khan is not panicking, sources say, nor is he looking for a scapegoat. Less than a year after locking in his entire upper-level power structure to contract extensions, he wants to see it through. They were, after all, a tipped pass away from the Super Bowl.

Injuries have marred things on offense, with essentially a second team on the field today when they have the ball. Clearly, they'll be looking for a new QB with Blake Bortles expected to be released and they need a new offensive coordinator.

But Khan and executive VP of Football Operations Tom Coughlin believe in Marrone going forward.

As for the Panthers, new owner David Tepper is expected to be patient. The team has already made a significant change, with Rivera taking over play-calling on defense. With one of the top play-callers in the NFL in charge of the unit now, Carolina's D impressed in a loss to the Saints. The roster should get younger and faster next year, as well, and with Rivera in charge of the defense it should only improve.

Similar to the Jaguars, ownership believes in the men in charge.

Larry Fitzgerald on Steve Wilks: Cardinals All 'Want Him Back'

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is once again in the spotlight, as he prepares to play what might be his last game in an NFL uniform at State Farm Stadium. As always, he's been noncommittal about his future, planning to take his time into the offseason to make a final decision.

But the face of the franchise has made up his mind on one topic: He believes embattled coach Steve Wilks should return for 2019.

Fitzgerald was asked if he wants the first-year coach back, despite a 3-11 record.

"We all would want him back," Fitzgerald said via text message to NFL.com.

The public assumption has been that Wilks will be one-and-out following a trying season that has included firing offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, first-round pick Josh Rosen being more down than up and some lopsided losses. They did win in Green Bay, hastening the firing of Packers coach Mike McCarthy. But everything has been a battle.

22 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Bill Belichick and Mike McCarthy as head coaches in the AFCE and Bills fans content with Sean McDermott.  

8-8 forever!

:doh:

Keep slapping yourself.  Maybe a cogent thought will shake lose in your head.