2018 Head Coach Rankings

Head Coach Rankings for NFL Week 4

By HCR Staff | Oct. 1, 2018

When we launched Head Coach Ranking in 2017, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was the only coach to earn a perfect score of 10 for a single week. Not a surprise, considering Belichick is widely regarded as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.

Four weeks into the 2018 season, Belichick remains the only coach to grade out perfectly. But Week 4 saw another coach come as close as possible to HCR
perfection – and he’s only coached 407 fewer games in his career than Belichick:

Rank 31: Sean McDermott
Rating 6.2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 2018 Head Coach Rankings
30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m a lot more frustrated with Beane (and the Pegulas) than I am with McDermott.  

i don't know...isn't Beane just Doing the coach's bidding? or aren't they at least "in lock step"? i definitely get the impression that this team is being torn apart and will eventually be built up in McDermott's image. and as long as he spends serious, serious time, effort and resources on the offense next year, i am fine with that.

• Like (+1) 1

Rankings like this are just ridiculous. This was always going to be a rough, transitional type of year for the whole franchise. Especially once it was known that both Wood and Incognito were gone. The Bills are in the process of getting out of a bad cap situation and will be primed in 2019 to get a great player in the next draft, have a ton of cap room, and also have a lot of valuable game experience for the foundational players they drafted the last two years. This includes their franchise QB who is now in place.

Why bother looking at any NFL rankings this year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They've already had three of those and they've only played four games.

No they haven't. Go review the scores again. The Ravens game was much worse.

• Haha (+1) 1