Football might be unwatchable now. Or should I say... Unwetchable?

The Bills Blog

It's a CATCH.

CATCH
CATCH
CATCH

Not "KETCH"

How I just noticed this for the first time after watching football for 30 years, I truly have no idea. 95% of commentators appear to say...

"He made the ketch!"
"What a ketch."
"You've gotta ketch the ball."

They are literally saying "sketch" without the S.

And to all those who would effectively say, Who cares? Well, I do. It's a burden. Be glad you don't have to carry it.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm sorry but between this and your tyrod being used earlier in the wgr sounder, you should be banned.

Or at least banned from making threads.

In response to what you say about the "who cares" crowd, you're making us carry you're burdens aswell. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm sorry but between this and your tyrod being used earlier in the wgr sounder, you should be banned.

In response to what you say about the "who cares" crowd, you're making us carry you're burdens aswell. 

Come on Wutang.  This is probably the funniest Thread I have read in a long long time.

especially the last sentence: Be glad you don't have to carry it.

Now Im looking for my etch a sketch to see if I can write Catch!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You forgot my "Baker" Mayfield thread. And the stainless-steel straw thread.

Or maybe those were just a bunch of replies in existing threads.

At any rate, the Baker thing is getting worse. It's spreading like wildfire, primed to annoy me for the next 15+ years.

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

You forgot my "Baker" Mayfield thread. And the stainless-steel straw thread.

Or maybe those were just a bunch of replies in existing threads.

At any rate, the Baker thing is getting worse. It's spreading like wildfire, primed to annoy me for the next 15+ years.

I don't know what you're going on about with Baker Mayfield. But the stainless steel straw ads are awful, I agree, if that was your point.

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't know what you're going on about with Baker Mayfield. But the stainless steel straw ads are awful, I agree, if that was your point.

That's one point. The other point is that people for some reason feel compelled to call Baker Mayfield "Baker".

Everyone else gets called by their last names, and Mayfield is a nice, unique last name that leads to no ambiguity when used, so I don't understand why everyone is calling the man Baker.

18 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's a CATCH.

CATCH
CATCH
CATCH

Not "KETCH"

How I just noticed this for the first time after watching football for 30 years, I truly have no idea. 95% of commentators appear to say...

"He made the ketch!"
"What a ketch."

And to all those who would effectively say, Who cares? Well, I do. It's a burden. Be glad you don't have to carry it.

your a touchy sort of feller ain't ya? lemme guess, your real name is Nancy?

He brings up a valid point... the saying isn’t - “Game, set, metch”...

America’s singles aren’t gathering on Metch.com...

Plus it’s certainly not cat scretch fever...

And you definitely don’t sleep on a metress!!!!!

Stop ruining the game Goodell!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is the USA. 

In this great country of ours, we have accents depending on where you live. 

North Eastern, Northern, southern, mid western, western all have different pronunciations.

It’s not the spelling, rather the syllable. 

Hense your Burden 

5 minutes ago, COTC said:

This is the USA. 

In this great country of ours, we have accents depending on where you live. 

North Eastern, Northern, southern, mid western, western all have different pronunciations.

It’s not the spelling, rather the syllable. 

Hense your Burden 

Here's the thing. I don't think this is actually an accent issue. For the mispronunciation to be this prevalent, I believe this is actually a football culture issue. And that, my friend, is what actually makes it annoying. I would never criticize someone for a genuine accent.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's a CATCH.

CATCH
CATCH
CATCH

Not "KETCH"

"He made the ketch!"
"What a ketch."

Your either drunk or an idiot.  Possibly both.

Stop making new threads.

The No Fun League has definitely has made me to not renew my seasons tickets for next year after being a ticket holder for 30 years. I drive 5 hours from Canada to support the Bills and this year has been the worst. Not only do I have to watch incredibly bad officiating against us on the field consistently, but have had to deal with alot of abusive Bills fans slandering us for being Canadian for no reason. It's been fun but time to not come and support my team financially anymore.

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's a CATCH.

CATCH
CATCH
CATCH

Not "KETCH"

"He made the ketch!"
"What a ketch."

A kvetch about catch vs ketch?  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

The No Fun League has definitely has made me to not renew my seasons tickets for next year after being a ticket holder for 30 years. I drive 5 hours from Canada to support the Bills and this year has been the worst. Not only do I have to watch incredibly bad officiating against us on the field consistently, but have had to deal with alot of abusive Bills fans slandering us for being Canadian for no reason. It's been fun but time to not come and support my team financially anymore.

I don't think this gentleman read the thread, lol ?

Edited by The Bills Blog

15 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

You could come up with a reason for being Canadian?

Edited by transient

13 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

I heard Johnny football had a nice throw for the Allouettes last night. 

How long is your drive to Montreal??

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's a CATCH.

CATCH
CATCH
CATCH

Not "KETCH"

"He made the ketch!"
"What a ketch."

stop being a whiny betch

• Haha (+1) 2